Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

My 2 cents on Flowers.

With Williams and Scherff pushing him, along with Callahan coaching him, I think they'll be able to tap into whatever potential there is to be had. Low risk, even if slightly overpaid.

6 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

They should have made this into a 2 year contract... if Flowers works out as a Guard then i guess we will lose him to FA hoping to recoup a comp pick in 2021

Was thinking this earlier and agree, a second year with no immediate guarantees would have been a good idea.

March 19, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent wide receiver Brian Quick and have re-signed unrestricted free agent guard Zac Kerin. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Was thinking this earlier and agree, a second year with no immediate guarantees would have been a good idea.

I was too...wondering if they could Mod or amend the offer by a year BEFORE Training Camp. Get an Option at least. Bruce could hope for a loyalty benefit but I ask for an option year

Thinking about the losses of Crowder and Mo Harris....This front office must have a lot of faith in the rookies from last year and Robert Davis....Can't believe they'd have much faith in Doctson. My guess is that we make a deal on draft weekend for a proven WR and then draft a WR or two in the higher rounds. I can't think of a WR group in the NFL less experienced and worse than our group is right now. Peterson and Guice better be ready to tote the rock a LOT.

Who knows if true but to add Russell said on air the FO disagrees with the coaching staff on Norman.  Other gossip I heard today is Sheehan heard that they were quietly in on Tate but the Giants beat them to him. 

43 minutes ago, Santana_Fan_ said:

Randall Cobb to the Cowboys on a 1-year, $5 million deal.

Looks like they just met with Eric Berry and are one of the teams in talks for trading for Robert Quinn.  

38 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Thinking about the losses of Crowder and Mo Harris....This front office must have a lot of faith in the rookies from last year and Robert Davis....Can't believe they'd have much faith in Doctson. My guess is that we make a deal on draft weekend for a proven WR and then draft a WR or two in the higher rounds. I can't think of a WR group in the NFL less experienced and worse than our group is right now. Peterson and Guice better be ready to tote the rock a LOT.

The WRs in free agency are/were pure garbage, trade or the draft were the only good options.  Even with Crowder and Harris, our WR corps was pretty pitiful.

37 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

lol there all poop.  at this point who cares.  Quinn is the only one I think that could be good.  Davis has a ton to prove and Doctson......well..... 😂

7 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

Flowers is not good. He's never been good. He never will be good.

Not true. He was excellent in college. Was he a reach where he was drafted? Yep. And EVERYONE knew that. But to say the guy has never been good is straight up wrong.

FA WR's market is over.  Skins didn't get anyone in FA this year to address the issue.  Only one option left....ONE...to solve WR issues into the coming season and that via a trade.

Draft doesn't solve any issues at WR for that season.  WR's in FA go fast because they're hard to build and a long term project to develop.  WR's are 2+ year development project and added to a rebuilding team in the draft or as a futures prospect when said team doesn't have a #1 WR. 

Without doing the statistical analysis I'd speculate that it's harder to find a true #1 WR then it is to find a Franchise QB.  There seems to be fewer #1 WR's in the NFL then Franchise QB's. 

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who knows if true but to add Russell said on air the FO disagrees with the coaching staff on Norman.  Other gossip I heard today is Sheehan heard that they were quietly in on Tate but the Giants beat them to him. 

I would be fine with moving on from Norman if the money was right. It isnt. Cutting him saves us 8.5 Million. And you are not going to find a replacement for him at his same level for that kind of money.

Ok I guess some according in the FO according to Russell want to move on.

https://thefandc.radio.com/some-in-redskins-organization-want-to-move-on-from-josh-norman

There's a push in the Redskins front office and on the coaching staff to move on from cornerback Josh Norman, Chris Russell reports for 106.7 The Fan.

Norman, 31, is entering the fourth year of a five-year, $75 million contract he signed with Washington in 2016.

"Coaches want to move on from Josh Norman," Russell said Tuesday on 106.7 The Fan.

Russell would later explain to TheFanDC.com that several members of the front office and coaching staff are aligned on the Norman issue. Redskins owner Dan Snyder, however, feels that Norman's star power and sizzle adds to his value to the organization.

"I've heard that nobody knows exactly what Bruce Allen is thinking about this situation specifically," Russell explained. "But some feel that Bruce and Dan are joined at the hip on this issue, and some important people in the building are hoping Norman would move on with his celebrity lifestyle now, not later."

"Norman's superstar act is growing old," a source told Russell. "Very old."

The financial timeline complicates matters further. Norman is owed $11 million in base salary this coming season, but carries a dead cap number of $6 million if he's released prior to June 1. If released post-June 1 or designated for post-June 1 release, Norman would carry a dead cap number of just $3 million in 2019 and an additional $3 million in 2020.

...There's still a chance the Redskins could move on from Norman if Snyder gives in.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I keep thinking Davis has major potential, but he's been knocked into IR two preseasons in a row. If he can't make it to the playing field it doesn't matter how much he flashes in OTAs, minicamps, and the preseason.

Also, I don't really understand re-signing Quick. He seems to be a player they like, but never use. Just odd.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

...There's still a chance the Redskins could move on from Norman if Snyder gives in.

Please sweet baby jesus lord all freaking mighty get rid of this man and get some money freed up. This p.o.s. cant man up and is a waste of space on the field every sunday. Dear Christ I pray. Include him in a trade for WR, i dont care, this would be the great move of FA.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ok I guess some according in the FO according to Russell want to move on.

https://thefandc.radio.com/some-in-redskins-organization-want-to-move-on-from-josh-norman

There's a push in the Redskins front office and on the coaching staff to move on from cornerback Josh Norman, Chris Russell reports for 106.7 The Fan.

Norman, 31, is entering the fourth year of a five-year, $75 million contract he signed with Washington in 2016.

"Coaches want to move on from Josh Norman," Russell said Tuesday on 106.7 The Fan.

Russell would later explain to TheFanDC.com that several members of the front office and coaching staff are aligned on the Norman issue. Redskins owner Dan Snyder, however, feels that Norman's star power and sizzle adds to his value to the organization.

"I've heard that nobody knows exactly what Bruce Allen is thinking about this situation specifically," Russell explained. "But some feel that Bruce and Dan are joined at the hip on this issue, and some important people in the building are hoping Norman would move on with his celebrity lifestyle now, not later."

"Norman's superstar act is growing old," a source told Russell. "Very old."

The financial timeline complicates matters further. Norman is owed $11 million in base salary this coming season, but carries a dead cap number of $6 million if he's released prior to June 1. If released post-June 1 or designated for post-June 1 release, Norman would carry a dead cap number of just $3 million in 2019 and an additional $3 million in 2020.

I think we move on from Norman next year.  It makes more sense to me and you save more money.  

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think we move on from Norman next year.  It makes more sense to me and you save more money.  

I'd find it telling if they cut Norman after June.  Basically they'd be downgrading their secondary to save cap money after the best uses for that cap money have past.  They'd be left with a bigger issue at CB and have saved cap money for little to no options to utilize it.  If they indeed do cut him post June, they're not interested in winning in 2019 for sure.  The money would be to extend someone else for the future like Scherff and or Ioa.

Essentially a young defensive core with a downgraded secondary and no Edge rusher would mean tanking 2019.  They'd be outgunned and every opponent would pass early and often all year.  That vs a Skins offense with little options at WR and a backup caliber QB.  Would definitely signal a tanking plan for 2019. 

The draft would also reinforce that view if they draft a QB or WR in Round 1.  Seeing the writing on the wall, expectations are that they're looking to get rid of Gruden after this final year.  Basically giving him little chance to win at this point.  It will be hard to tank worse then NY at their pace.  I see the evidence that the Giants have a 2020 Draft as the plan. 

21 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

It makes me sad how much better Dallas is than us. 

We were neck and neck for awhile but now they’re about to leave us in the dust again. Iggles are probably gonna make the playoffs again next year too. 

Thank goodness the Giants are nice enough to suck even worse than us 

Why? Because they signed some washed up WR? i cant believe how attention and praise they are getting over a WR that GB  didn't even want to bring back

They've already passed up the chance to use Norman's money on another impact signing, there's no one like that left, so what's the point? Unless you want to just be worse. Which I'm fully on board with, even if they're not. But it makes no sense to sign Collins and then cut a good (if not great) CB for cap money that they won't use. At this point it will just make the defense and the Collins signing worse. 

And to anyone who says they're secretly tanking...they obviously aren't. Or they wouldn't sign total JAGs that cancel out future comp picks. Face it, they're trying to win and they just suck at it. They suck at their jobs so badly that you actually believe they might secretly be tanking. Think about that.

Archived