Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS NAME ROB RYAN AS INSIDE LINEBACKERS COACH

TK

Refreshing to know now we have contingent of in shape, clean cut individuals participating in this thread. 

Respect to Ryan for not pandering to societal norms and doing it his way. Confident in his knowledge, wisdom, and ability to relate with players... assisting in getting the best out of the group. 

Defense must improve and be the reason for winning 4-6 games next year to have a chance at playoffs. Ryan is a positive variable to making this happen. 

4 hours ago, carex said:

former head coaches don't just jump back into the coaching pool.  And he was a good enough defensive coach to get promoted to head coach

No, he wasnt.  

He was never a good defensive coach, and he was never a head coach, so not sure where you got that from.

12 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

just-because-you-are-unique-does-not-mean-you-are-20825545.png

Huh?

We talking the same dude? He basically started his apprenticeship in football as a kid and has leveraged his skills and knowledge to a coaching career in the NFL of plus 20 years. 

In what world does his coaching experience and pedigree not equate to being USEFUL at inside linebacker coach??

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Rob Ryan has never been a HC at any level (are you maybe thinking Rex?). The closest he came was with Buffalo he was an Assistant HC in charge of Defense. At one time, he was good DC. But his last 3 yrs were atrocious. 

Just having a hard time getting too excited about this. 

I actually thought both had been head coaches.

24 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Is the game really so complex that we need an Inside LB coach and an Outside LB coach? Really?  I find that exceptionally hard to believe. I know these guys aren't doctors and physicists, but how hard can it be?  Plus he is the toe suckers brother. 

I think this is more due to the limited time coaches have with players due to the practice restrictions of the CBA. So coaching staffs are trying to find ways tot maximize their time. So where before you had almost unlimited practice time so one coach could do both, now you split them up to get more one on one attention. 

Just a guess. 

38 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Is the game really so complex that we need an Inside LB coach and an Outside LB coach? Really?  I find that exceptionally hard to believe. I know these guys aren't doctors and physicists, but how hard can it be?  Plus he is the toe suckers brother. 

I think it's partly because our OLB are so much a part of our pass rush they can practically be lumped in with the DL

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I think this is more due to the limited time coaches have with players due to the practice restrictions of the CBA. So coaching staffs are trying to find ways tot maximize their time. So where before you had almost unlimited practice time so one coach could do both, now you split them up to get more one on one attention. 

Just a guess. 

Well, that is as logical an answer as any for why 1 coach can't successfully coach 4 players.

3 minutes ago, carex said:

I think it's partly because our OLB are so much a part of our pass rush they can practically be lumped in with the DL

Then why doesn't our DL coach handle the OLB's ? ;)

2 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Well, that is as logical an answer as any for why 1 coach can't successfully coach 4 players.

Remember, they coach the backups too ;)

1 minute ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I get your point. I really do. But to be fair, it's more than 4 players, right? You have quite a few back-ups. In the end it's more like 10 to 12.I think the Redskins carried 11 LBs last year. 

But yea, it seems one person could handle those coaching duties.

13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I get your point. I really do. But to be fair, it's more than 4 players, right? You have quite a few back-ups. In the end it's more like 10 to 12.I think the Redskins carried 11 LBs last year. 

But yea, it seems one person could handle those coaching duties.

If you include offseason, training camp, and preseason, the roster is at 90, and they still have to coach those players, so during that time, there's a lot more than 12 LB's.

The question I have that no one is asking is that now that Rob has joined as a position coach, is there is a possibility we can get Rex out of the booth to replace Manusky? This has to be an attractive job for him in that if Gruden gets fired midseason, he'd be first man up to take over as the HC

6 minutes ago, method man said:

The question I have that no one is asking is that now that Rob has joined as a position coach, is there is a possibility we can get Rex out of the booth to replace Manusky? This has to be an attractive job for him in that if Gruden gets fired midseason, he'd be first man up to take over as the HC

Don't think that happens.  I think O' Connell is the next HC of the Skins regardless of who interviews and whatever happens to Jay.

Archived