Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R. Kelly... Smoke and fire it seems.

Kosher Ham

Notice he says "I beat the case", not "I didn't sleep with any underage girls". Huge difference. Whoever his lawyers are who allowed him to do this interview are idiots. 

Which is fine by me. Lock him up and let him try that black room **** with his cellmate. 

• Like 4

I personally can put music and artists personal lives separate.  I don't really care what MJ or R Kelly did in regards to listening to their music.  I still like a lot of their music and will continue to do so.  I mean a lot of the rappers I liked growing up aren't the best people but I don't care I like their jams.

Same with movies.  I hear people saying they don't want to watch a movie because X is in it and they don't like his personal life.  I couldn't care less about that, just give me an entertaining movie.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Except I never said any of that.

I just said that all the bad **** he has done has no effect on whether I enjoy his music or not.  The music sounds the same whether he did what he did or not.

With him i cant do it because so much of the content of his music is direct reflection of his actions. Cant hear those songs the same knowing he was likely thinking of a child

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Springfield said:

They’re all ****ed up.  Who’s your favorite artist?  They are either a proven piece of **** or are a piece of **** whose **** hasn’t come out yet.

Yea, let's not go nuts here. 

RIP Tom Petty.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Springfield said:

They’re all ****ed up.  Who’s your favorite artist?  They are either a proven piece of **** or are a piece of **** whose **** hasn’t come out yet.

Nah, I don't think its fair or smart to paint all artists with that monolithic brush. If we hate when Trumpers do that to close their eyes to nuance and perpetuate false equivalency, we should make sure we don't fall prey to the same mistake as well.

Although, somewhat to your point I've stopped listening to most of my old favorite rap artists after reforming myself and coming to the realization that gangster culture is a weak and immature mental mindset.

56 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Nah, I don't think its fair or smart to paint all artists with that monolithic brush. If we hate when Trumpers do that to close their eyes to nuance and perpetuate false equivalency, we should make sure we don't fall prey to the same mistake as well.

Although, somewhat to your point I've stopped listening to most of my old favorite rap artists after reforming myself and coming to the realization that gangster culture is a weak and immature mental mindset.

Its not just artists, it’s everyone.  Everyone has their skeletons.  It’s just how bad and how socially unacceptable those skeletons are.  Some are child rapists, some are wife beaters, some are drug addicts, some are racists.

Nobody is untouchable.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Its not just artists, it’s everyone.  Everyone has their skeletons.  It’s just how bad and how socially unacceptable those skeletons are.  Some are child rapists, some are wife beaters, some are drug addicts, some are racists.

Nobody is untouchable.

I feel you, but there is a huge space between most of the four things you mentioned and the garden variety flaws most people have and we need to find a way to perceptionally and emotionally reconcile that gap when making judgements about the groups of people we share space with.

Otherwise, where does the  monolithic judgement leave us? It just makes a person overly angry and mistrusting of everyone around them. I've sat in that hole before and it's better and smarter to add nuance and layers to one's perception of how people are. Especially when you factor in the seemingly inherent reality that negative perceptions are more impactful and stay with us longer than positive ones.

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

I don't fit in the parameters that you are setting. Thank goodness. 

I'm unclear if I do or not.  What if I don't beat my wife but beat other people's wives?

Asking for a friend.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I don’t know what it is, but I’m pretty sure that you have something wrong with you...

Yes. I own it. I'm kinda an asshole at times. My biggest flaw is that I give too much and care too much. 

There is something a little bit crazy about everyone. At least I know what my problem is. Some folks deny or deflect. 

35 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Yes. I own it. I'm kinda an asshole at times. My biggest flaw is that I give too much and care too much. 

There is something a little bit crazy about everyone. At least I know what my problem is. Some folks deny or deflect. 

Im riddled with problems, faults and deviances.  I pray that I never run for public office less they become public for all to shame me.

Still love ya Kosh.  Total hetero.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Saw on SNL a bit where he said something to the effect of how can you support the Catholic church but judge people for still being an R Kelly fan.  

Because the Catholic Church has perfected whitewashing of its terrible human rights record over centuries.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...