Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

8 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Yeah all these decisions are due like 48-72 hours after the end of the World Series, which is obviously a lot different timeline when you aren’t playing in that game. 

Strasburg will prob opt out tomorrow. They’ll have to decline Zimmerman’s option imminently.  All this happening as they’re doing their parades. Tough business but the rules are the rules. 

No doubt.  We can now start speculating about some of these options.  Obviously Nats will decline Zimm’s final year.  Bring him back one year deal.   Opt in on Eaton 9.5 mill for next season.  Re-sign Howie I’ll assume another 2 year/second year club option.  Have to decide whether or not to decline/opt in on Yan Gomes.  I’m sure they’ll opt in for Doolittle next season.  Hudson/Cabrera/Dozier FAs & of course Rendon & Stras if he opts out.  I’m sure he’s more than willing to just negotiate with Nats to extend another year or two and up his per year.  Rendon is gonna he hard to retain.  I hate to say it but he’s gonna expect above Arenado 8 years $260.  He might not want 8 years since he said he hopes he’s not still playing at 36 LOL. I think Nats will pay him what he wants if it’s 6 year deal.  If he wants 7 years that’s when it gets dicey!

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Stras has another opt out next year. How cool would it be if he announced he's staying tomorrow?

Won’t happen. Age 30 vs 31. Top of his game, stayed very healthy this year (and more healthy the past two or three I believe). He’ll turn his remaining 4 years $100m into 7 years $220m. Would be absolutely nuts for him to miss this opportunity, which may never present itself again. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Buddy and I are coming up from Richmond for the parade.  What time do you all think we should leave? I forget when we came up for the Caps.

i'm coming from Richmond as well, taking the train though

getting there early to meet up with some friends before everything kicks off

Why are there no frigging red or navy jerseys on Fanatics site?  I'm sitting on my 30% coupon and have $294 worth of **** in my cart without a jersey, but I don't know if I should just order that **** now.  It would be nice to order a jersey at 30% off.

I really wish they had the "FIGHT FINISHED" hoodie in gray.  I just don't need another red one since I have the post season dugout hoodie already.  I like the design on that one a lot though.

Edited by purbeast

Wow Fanatics shipping is slow as **** huh.  I just ordered 9 items and the majority of them are going to be arriving while we are in Turks and Caicos.  I realize that some will ship by XX date, but I didn't know it would take over a week to arrive.

I will have to ask my neighbors to grab that ****.

Edited by purbeast

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Wow Fanatics shipping is slow as **** huh.  I just ordered 9 items and the majority of them are going to be arriving while we are in Turks and Caicos.  I realize that some will ship by XX date, but I didn't know it would take over a week to arrive.

I ordered right after they won...projected to get here by a few days before Thanksgiving. Thinking of just cancelling and going to Dick's. Stupid.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I havent stopped smiling since Wednesday.

It just...feels good man. 

It's just amazing to me that all of that emotional investment I put in not only went somewhere but resulted in a championship. Hundreds of hours following games, discussing the team and reading articles, and at the end I didn't have to tell myself that the fun I had along the way was enough. This fanbase didn't have to settle. 

Thank you, Nationals. Thank you for finishing the fight like you said you would. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

that's why you ****in' buy your gear at Dick's the day after they win. That's why I was there 6:30 AM waiting

Need to shower and head out to the parade. Metro opening at 7 which means I won't get there towards 8 and people probably already there...like a mass already there

• Like 1

Sooooo, I have a long-time business/friend here in Richmond who is a Calgary native.  For many years, we’ve talked about hitting a Caps/Flames game.  About a month ago we went ahead and pulled the trigger on tix for the Nov. 3rd game...excite!

Now I’m hearing that there will be a big Nats celebration deal going on at Verizon that night...MOAR EXCITE.

Life is good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

May girlfriend ordered me a couple caps things off there last month. It arrived probably 4 or 5 days before expected arrival date lol 

Sickness running through the house this week, my girl had her bed o death experience yesterday, woke up this morning and say, “f**** this, let’s roll”.  

Rolling in late (relatively) but can’t miss it.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 2