Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Good to see Scherzer still has it. I thought he'd be dropping off by now, but the dude is a cyborg. IF we end up having a bad year(I'm still optimistic though), we could at least maybe consider trading Scherz to a contender and recoup some value. He is a FA after year's end I believe.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

IF we end up having a bad year(I'm still optimistic though), we could at least maybe consider trading Scherz to a contender and recoup some value.

I'll put this gently as I can.

**** no.

John Wall has done a small fraction of what Max has done here, and you saw that reaction. 

Should we have traded Darrell Green in those bad years towards the end of his career to recoup some value? Thats the level Scherzer has reached here: Green, Riggins, Ovechkin...

He will be the 1st player wearing this Curly W in the Hall of Fame.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Good to see Scherzer still has it. I thought he'd be dropping off by now, but the dude is a cyborg. IF we end up having a bad year(I'm still optimistic though), we could at least maybe consider trading Scherz to a contender and recoup some value. He is a FA after year's end I believe.

That's disrespectful. Keep him a Nat until the wheels fall off. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Nice bounce back effort today by Fedde.  Not sure if gets another spot with Lester coming back, but we needed him to get right.

We may need him on the burner in case Corbin needs a minor stint to get right.  Corbin's last two outings were painful to say the least

• Like 2