Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Life is so hard for boomers.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/04/21/heres-what-i-wish-id-known-before-i-went-to-a-nats-game/

Here’s What I Wish I’d Known Before I Went to a Nats Game

The fan experience has changed in the late-pandemic era.

Although I knew I’d have to use my phone to order and pay for any food and drink, I should have been more prepared. Another major change at the stadium is that at some of the food stalls, you can’t just walk up, tell the person behind the counter what you want, and pay and be on your way. At some of the kiosks, you have to order through your phone. To buy a beer at District Drafts, for example, I had to scan the QR code at the kiosk to place my order. (Don’t use a QR code reader, as I tried—just scan with your camera.) Sound simple? It probably is once you get used to it. But it took me several tries to place an order. 

Speaking of using your phone to order and pay for food, you’ll need to download the Ballpark app. I already had the app, but having not been to a game in a year and a half, I had just $13 in eCash on the app, leftover from 2019. I tried to use Apple Pay when ordering beer, but it wouldn’t take for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Corbin struggles again. And the bats getting robbed all over the place.

Baseball sucks today.

I saw a stat the other day that the Nats were one of the team leaders in exit velocity. Bell will turn it around, I think. We need Soto back, badly. We weren't going to score a bunch of runs anyway, so this isn't overly surprising. We'll get there.

Actually gained on the braves today who lost twice. Still only 2 games out of first, with everyone injured or in a slump.  Hopefully getting it all out now

Also we have the 3rd best batting avg in the NL. So hitting is fine, just need to turn those into more RBIs, and hopefully figure out our starting pitching (getting Stras and Lester back)

Edited by mammajamma

24 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

This team just can't put all the phases of the game together at the same time right now....

It's been an insanely disjointed season for them from the get go though. That and they have had a rash of injuries (again) and very little depth.