Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

10 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Phillies, since stating 5-1 have gone 8-14.

Mets have lost 7 of 10.

Braves have lost 11 of 19.

Nats, since thier 1-5 COVID start have gone 11-7

I am curious what the NL East looks like on June 1.

Listening to ESPN during the Philly/Mets game last night, you can tell that as confident as these announcers are. They have no idea how this is going to go either. 

ya, if nobody wants to speak on it, its never a good sign

i didn't like FP at first but he grew on me a lot. hopefully they can find a decent, long-term solution soon because the interim commentators have been putting me to sleep

• Like 1

there's some twitter speculation that FP and Kolko weren't vibing. makes sense since they only did 1 game together and then FP vanished. people have seen him out taking pics with people over the weekend, so dont think its a health/covid thing. guess we'll know if he comes back right when Bob does

10 hours ago, mammajamma said:

there's some twitter speculation that FP and Kolko weren't vibing. makes sense since they only did 1 game together and then FP vanished. people have seen him out taking pics with people over the weekend, so dont think its a health/covid thing. guess we'll know if he comes back right when Bob does

I thought I sensed some tension between the two in the one game they did.  They weren't clicking as a team, to say the least.

I'm a big FP fan.  He's got the right mix of knowledge of the game as a former player and hitting instructor, a wry sense of humor, a clear love of the game of baseball, and a comfort level with straight man Bob Carpenter.

I like Kolko too.  I thought that would be a good match-up.

I missed Grant Paulson's turn in the booth. I heard he did okay.  Justin Maxwell was a walking talking Ambien overdose.

• Like 1

I know Bob has had some health issues with him and his wife so he might be phasing out. I cut the cable, so MASN is off my radar--were there issues with Kolko and FP?

At this point, it could be anything--MASN blows holy goats so...I mean they cut loose Gary Thorne who is one of the best in the business.

• Like 2

"FP is back soon."

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I know Bob has had some health issues with him and his wife so he might be phasing out. I cut the cable, so MASN is off my radar--were there issues with Kolko and FP?

There was more dead air than usual. Could attribute it to chemistry, but Kolko & FP seem pretty close on and off the air. Just seemed like FPs mind was elsewhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

"FP is back soon."

There was more dead air than usual. Could attribute it to chemistry, but Kolko & FP seem pretty close on and off the air. Just seemed like FPs mind was elsewhere.

People that suck up to that frog-face have to be some of the dumbest people around. Nothing he says is worthwhile--and Danny is worse. That moron was ripping on WFT fans for being excited Rivera was bringing in character guys as well as athletes. Really? They're both unbearable.

I'm glad FP is back soon--I'd imagine there are some personal, non-health related issues they don't want to discuss.