Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

On 4/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, Riggo#44 said:

National Media again obsessed with the idea of trading Scherzer...this is the 4th or 5th time this has been brought up by by FOX, ESPN, MLB etc. ****ing ridiculous.

If we are not extending him and if we are out of playoff contention by trade deadline (the second seems unlikely based on how close the NL east race is), then the Nats should trade Max.  I would prefer to extend Max and have him finish his career here, but based on lack of movement so far and Max putting his house on the market, it seems unlikely unfortunately.

On 4/29/2021 at 8:56 AM, Riggo#44 said:

National Media again obsessed with the idea of trading Scherzer...this is the 4th or 5th time this has been brought up by by FOX, ESPN, MLB etc. ****ing ridiculous.

The Nats are literally ONE game back from first place & Soto is missing games.

Unbothered.  

F7CD40DB-62D2-4FF4-9AE7-D09259113524.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

guess i won't be able to wear my Max World Series jersey to a game even once. gotta stop buying player-specific things

I'm wearing mine on Saturday. The idea that Max is just going to walk is really premature, let alone get traded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm wearing mine on Saturday. The idea that Max is just going to walk is really premature, let alone get traded.

i hear you, im just being dramatic

i'm putting my highly uninformed chances of him getting another big contract from us at less than 10% though. they'll prioritize Soto & Trea (although i also doubt Boras will let Soto sign anything until his contract year). Probably will need a lot more depth pitching too if we're really moving to DH. Guess it also depends on if Strasburg is ever healthy again

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

i hear you, im just being dramatic

i'm putting my highly uninformed chances of him getting another big contract from us at less than 10% though. they'll prioritize Soto & Trea (although i also doubt Boras will let Soto sign anything until his contract year). Probably will need a lot more depth pitching too if we're really moving to DH. Guess it also depends on if Strasburg is ever healthy again

I think the Verlander contract with the Cheating McCheat****s is a good basis for an extension. He's still effective, and will be an excellent resource for Cavali, Rutledge et al.

• Like 2