Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

so lucky to have Ross dealing right now to make up for Corbin/Lester (and Stras apparently) struggling. hopefully ross will buy us some time for those guys to get back in a rhythm

also need to find a way to keep zimm in the lineup.. he can be such a spark

Joe Ross looks awesome.  Hopefully he can stay consistent.

Just a reminder, Mike Rizzo traded Steven Souza Jr and Travis Ott for Joe Ross AND Trea Turner.  Might go down as one of the greatest fleeces in history.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bcl05 said:

Joe Ross looks awesome.  Hopefully he can stay consistent.

Just a reminder, Mike Rizzo traded Steven Souza Jr and Travis Ott for Joe Ross AND Trea Turner.  Might go down as one of the greatest fleeces in history.  

Top 5 moves in Nats history...

Drafting Ryan Zimmerman 

Drafting Stephen Strasburg

Signing Max Scherzer

Signing Juan Soto

Trading for Trea Turner & Joe Ross / Tied (Drafting Anthony Rendon)

Amiright??

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'd add - not resigning Harper to a ridiculous contract :ols: 

at the time I wanted to keep and pay Harper. The same for Rendon. Now we're talking about Soto and Turner who while are still under control for some time, should be extended. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

at the time I wanted to keep and pay Harper. The same for Rendon. Now we're talking about Soto and Turner who while are still under control for some time, should be extended. 

I wanted to keep both but was ultimately okay with letting both go considering the money they got. I can even justify letting Turner walk(he'll be 30+ I believe when he's a FA and speed guys fall off after 30). But no excuse for letting Soto walk. He is MLB's Pat Mahomes.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wanted to keep both but was ultimately okay with letting both go considering the money they got. I can even justify letting Turner walk(he'll be 30+ I believe when he's a FA and speed guys fall off after 30). But no excuse for letting Soto walk. He is MLB's Pat Mahomes.

Obviously Soto is the guy you MUST keep now. If they F that up, it'll be upsetting. 

Listening to Turner before the season on the radio. He might look 15, but he sounds like a baseball lifer who thinks about all the little things from how deep in the zone to hit, to situational defense. He's a sneaky leader on this team and should be kept.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

ya i think turner has outgrown his "speed guy only" reputation though. he was one of the best hitters in the league last year. so even with some age and loss of speed, he's still incredibly valuable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I wanted to dump Bryce but keep Rendon. Bryce is really good, but he couldn't get the clutch knocks that Tony Two Bags gave us all throughout that playoff run. Rendon was a lot of fun and was beloved by the team when he was here, but he also played like he was dead inside. Ice water all through his veins, no fear, no panic. Bryce definitely got in his own head when things weren't going well.

• Like 3