Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Marlins season officially put on pause and won’t play for likely a full week. Would that mean we’re given the W then for all 3 games this weekend rather than try to find time at the end of the season to play them?

Of course not. They would hold to reschedule. Giving them 3 wins and other teams would flip their ****.

#1. Don't go to Miami and don't play Miami here in DC for at least 2-3 weeks.

#2. Whoever wants to opt out now. good for you.

#3. WTF?!!?!?!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

He did this early last year too, and everyone wanted to move him up after a couple of games. He finished with an 88 OPS+. Robles is going to be a stud, but lets let him prove it over more than 14 PAs.

Thing is.  Last year we had Rendon in the lineup.  A little bit more loaded.  Also, it was Robles first rodeo.  No way should Robles bat 7th in this lineup.  Come on, Davey.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of the golden numbered jerseys?  I was talking with my bro in law yesterday and he said he loves them.  And just seeing them on TV right now I still am not a fan.  Gold just doesn't go with the red very well to me.

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I used to like rugby, maybe I'll find some rugby to watch.

Aussie Rules has been a lot of fun this year. They have games most nights and shortened the quarters so it's even more fast paced. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Aussie Rules has been a lot of fun this year. They have games most nights and shortened the quarters so it's even more fast paced. 

I didn't know the rules, but I enjoyed what was going on. Anything is better than watching the Nats right now. I'm not throwing in the towel or anything, but I've been watching while I kinda, half ass babysit. Everytime I turn around, the Nats are committing errors...literally everytime I stop to look at the TV. This team is not ready, something is way off.

Yeah, this new lineup needs some gelling time.. not panicked because 1) its still early, and we still have the best rotation in baseball & 2) there's a 5% chance this season actually finishes

At least the Stanley Cup playoffs start this weekend

39 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Yeah, this new lineup needs some gelling time.. not panicked because 1) its still early, and we still have the best rotation in baseball & 2) there's a 5% chance this season actually finishes

At least the Stanley Cup playoffs start this weekend

Don't worry. The season will be cancelled and we'll be reigning champs for another year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You have to wonder how much the Nats' hearts are in this season. We just won the WS, so there has to be an emotional let down, plus the extreme abbreviated season, games getting cancelled, worry about the pandemic and playing in this environment, missing staples of the locker room in Rendon and Zimm, with Soto inexplicably in limbo.

image.png.fdf8d9f278462b66ca14aef4b7e6a07a.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

You have to wonder how much the Nats' hearts are in this season. We just won the WS, so there has to be an emotional let down, plus the extreme abbreviated season, games getting cancelled, worry about the pandemic and playing in this environment, missing staples of the locker room in Rendon and Zimm, with Soto inexplicably in limbo.

I was wondering that last night. The errors don't excuse anything. But you just voted as a team to not go to Miami over the weekend. I think a lot of teams are probably having these issues where players aren't as focused as they could be. Doesn't excuse Bonifacio for being terrible so far.

• Like 1

Yep was thinking the same thing. In this shortened season with so many distractions, the overwhelming sense that the season is likely going to be ended prematurely, and many of the opinion that whoever wins the WS this year won’t be a “true” champion given the modified format, how can you really expect your reigning champs to have the 110% level of focus and passion that’s required to win at this level? There’s a reason repeats are so rare, and that’s in normal circumstances. 

We should have paid Tony what he wanted. I don't know how many different times we as fans have to say and rephrase "pay the man" before it actually happens. Some players really are worth it.

If we're going to be awful this year, play Kieboom every day and pray we unearth a gem. 

• Like 2