Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

15 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

To be optimistic, I firmly believe NYY is the best team in the mlb, and we were competitive down to the final out today, and stomped them yesterday. Down hill from here

Without Soto and Stras too.  Overall, it wasn't a bad series.  Just let one slip away today.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

To be optimistic, I firmly believe NYY is the best team in the mlb, and we were competitive down to the final out today, and stomped them yesterday. Down hill from here

This is kind of my thought too. Game could have gone either way today--it's not like we got crushed by the Marlins or anything...

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If anyone overreacts after three games they're insane. Especially after...last freaking season.

I saw people posting on Twitter regarding Rizzo's contact situation that "the Lerners make it hard to be a fan" and that people could "no longer support the organization." Insane.

Lets get Stras and Soto back--the bottom of the 8th is entirely different with Soto at the plate.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I saw people posting on Twitter regarding Rizzo's contact situation that "the Lerners make it hard to be a fan" and that people could "no longer support the organization." Insane.

Lets get Stras and Soto back--the bottom of the 8th is entirely different with Soto at the plate.

That is ridiculous.  How can you go that far?  Lol.  The Lerners waited until the last minute to give Rizzo a new contract last go round.  I don’t understand why they’d let him become a free agent.  But then again, they seem to have made all the right moves after winning it all last season!  Maybe they’ll work something out midway through the season.  After-all, it is the weirdest year to date!

Edited by -JB-

So, they're playing everyday? I kept wondering why everyone was saying three games, I only remembered two...

Anyways, completely off point, but I love the pumped in crowd noise. I wasn't sure about the idea when it was first brought up, but I think it works well. It sounds realistic (minus the booing) and it really helps the game not feel like covid baseball for the home audience. Also, this will help football...the washington football team especially.

36 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Anyways, completely off point, but I love the pumped in crowd noise. I wasn't sure about the idea when it was first brought up, but I think it works well. It sounds realistic (minus the booing) and it really helps the game not feel like covid baseball for the home audience. Also, this will help football...the washington football team especially.

Honestly I haven't decided yet.  Mostly I don't think about it, which is good I guess.  It's just background noise. 

On the one hand, when i do notice it, it's usually because they overplay it - Like a huge roar for a routine pop-up or a fielding play.

On the other hand, a friend watching an Angels home game said that with the lead-off Angel on first, they pumped in boos each time the opposing pitcher threw over to hold the runner, which was EXCELLENT.

I think there's a rare opportunity here, though, to really hear the sounds of the game.  One of the cool things about going to spring training practices  is you can clearly hear the banter between players.  If they put more mics on the field we could hear the back and forth between the players, what they say to umps, what the guy who gets to first and the first baseman are talking about, etc.  Its a once in a lifetime oppportunity to get a different perspective on the game.

Maybe not for every game, but I'd like to see them do that occasionally.

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

~~~~

Also, it wasn't clear to me at first whether the pumped-in crowd noise was just for the viewers at home or whether it was pumped in at the ball parks. But it is at the ballparks, so the players hear it too.

Hmm, I honestly don't know. I read somewhere that they agreed to crowd noise, but no booing. If they're booing like you said, it might just be for the audience or maybe they decide on a game by game basis?

I think Kirk was right, this is refreshing and the Redskins need all the help they can get.

thought the season would at least last a couple weeks before they stopped it. only took 1 weekend. everyone saw it coming though when players were testing positive after playing in games. the testing protocol (for baseball and our country) is a joke

Edited by mammajamma

Didn't realize it was an option to be total assholes and play Soto despite a positive test. 🙄 Thanks, Miami. 

Enjoy the next series. Enjoy whatever follows without getting too caught up in what's coming. I've been trying to live like that for 5 months now and it's really the only way to manage life these days. 

• Like 1