Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

You literally could not have a worse post-signing period than Harper. First he got in trouble for saying "Want to bring a title back to DC" Then he is caught trying to influence the FA market by trying to bring Trout to Philly on WIP radio, and then ardently defends it. "Damn right I should be able to recruit him right now" Why? What gives you the right?

I'm not holding the contract thing against Bryce at all.  10-300 looks nice but it isn't like the Nats were putting it out there that they wanted to defer 1/3 of it for decades.

Let's assume Bryce is a financially sound guy who wants to make good, solid investments which will help support several generations of his family, and doesn't spend it all on hookers and blow.  He's absolutely right, 100 million deferred for 40 years isn't earning anything right now.  I'd have taken the extra 130 million up front right now too.

I know this is a long shot, but what if baseball falls out of favor, or the Nats get contracted for some reason, the Lerners go bankrupt or the league folds or something.  All pretty remote but a lot can happen in 40 years.  He'd be **** out of luck at that point.

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

You literally could not have a worse post-signing period than Harper. First he got in trouble for saying "Want to bring a title back to DC" Then he is caught trying to influence the FA market by trying to bring Trout to Philly on WIP radio, and then ardently defends it. "Damn right I should be able to recruit him right now" Why? What gives you the right?

Gotta let it go man.

We, as a fanbase, cannot spend the next 13 years obsessing over Bryce Harper. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Gotta let it go man.

We, as a fanbase, cannot spend the next 13 years obsessing over Bryce Harper. 

Well he plays in the division now. You'll be hearing a lot about him over the next 13 years. 

Love having another lefty, but prior to last year, he was basically pitching BP--2.5 HR/9 and 1.9 HR/9. Last year, he was really good, just 0.2 HR/9.

As a point of reference, Shawn Kelley gave up 1.9 HR/9 last year.

Hopefully, he made an adjustment last year. Per fangraphs, he did throw his slider significantly less. We shall see, hopefully it's not another Joe Blanton situation. 

I do agree we have to let it go eventually... But seriously, it is like watching your woman leave you for Dylan the stock trader who lives across the street. Now you have to deal with the thought of going to take out your trash every night and seeing their humping silhouette through the bedroom window.

Every. Night.

Actually, "Dylan the stock trader" sounds like she stepped her game up from you. More like Jerry the mattress salesman

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Absolutely no one outside of DC/Nats fan is thinking this.  His current team is the Phillies, and no Phillies fan cares about any of this, in fact, the DC slip was ignored and Philly hearts Trout.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I do agree we have to let it go eventually... But seriously, it is like watching your woman leave you for Dylan the stock trader who lives across the street. Now you have to deal with the thought of going to take out your trash every night and seeing their humping silhouette through the bedroom window.

Every. Night.

Actually, "Dylan the stock trader" sounds like she stepped her game up from you. More like Jerry the mattress salesman

What you don't know is Dylan/Jerry the stocky mattress guy has ED, so every night, your former lady is lying in bed thinking back to all the hot monkey sex she used to have with you at Nats park.

Okay, that may have been taking it over the line.

• Haha 2

I'm already tired of hearing about Harper.  He's on another team and is therefore dead to me.  I'd really rather not have the local media cover his every move.

The ONLY thing I am more tired of than Harper in Philly coverage is people noting that the Kieboom brothers have the word BOOM in their name every time they hit a ball hard.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, bearrock said:

That tweet feels like a shot at Doolittle for speaking out againat New Era moving union work in New York to non union workers elsewhere.  Am I reading it wrong?

Nah. 

If you look at the thread. Doolittle and Dara Lind even up going back and forth a little. She says it was kinda a joke. So, I don't know.

I think it's a cool little thing the Nats and Doolittle did. Nobody is taking it seriously as reporting. Kind of like the local network having a kid interview a player at camp. Nobody is taking work away from a reporter. It's a schtick that happens now and then.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Nah. 

If you look at the thread. Doolittle and Dara Lind even up going back and forth a little. She says it was kinda a joke. So, I don't know.

I think it's a cool little thing the Nats and Doolittle did. Nobody is taking it seriously as reporting. Kind of like the local network having a kid interview a player at camp. Nobody is taking work away from a reporter. It's a schtick that happens now and then.

Ah, thanks for pointing out the exchange with Doolittle.

Yeah, nice feature from Wapo.  I thought Dara Lind was taking a snipe, but I see now that it was a joke.  Doolittle is definitely one of my favorites on the Nats.  

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Yeah, nice feature from Wapo.  I thought Dara Lind was taking a snipe, but I see now that it was a joke.  Doolittle is definitely one of my favorites on the Nats.  

Yeah, he seems like solid people and looking at her feed. Seems she's a Nats fan who just make a joke but kind of also wanted a reason to voice support for other reporters. So, that's cool.

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Every. Night.

Yeah, but into your life walks two ridiculous young hotties (Soto & Robles).

You'll survive lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bacon said:

I got a $15 MLB shop coupon, so I bought these socks:

You just know they're going to be lucky and I'm going to be stuck wearing them for far too long. 

Didn't know those existed. I just used my coupon on a training shirt. 

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

If it were a serious shot at Doo, I wouldn't have posted it here, I would have tweeted invective at Dara Lind. :)

Doo is one of my favorites and he and his wife are EXCELLENT twitter follows. 

• Like 1