Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He really is Gio 2.0. 

Well, he settled down, needing 22 pitches in total to get through the next two innings. Again, it's Spring, so I am not making too big a deal about it--but it's not exactly ideal. If he is working on pitches, then fine. Hopefully, he continues what worked for him last year.

And then....

I can't help but be concerned about Corbin. He's facing the Marlins' farm team.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Make that 5 runs. He has not had a good Spring...

I saw that it was a lot of sliders. Kind of beyond the talk of just working on lesser pitches. He needs to tighten up.

As much as I want to make a run at Keuchel. He is a Boras guy and after this offseason. I don't see the Nats doing him a favor with another player. Even if he represents guys like Rendon (who should be extended ASAP). Other FAs. 

Nah.

14 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

His logo needs a reimagining. Was #34 not available in PHI? Guess they'll probably retire it for Halladay.

He opted not to wear it.  

34 hasn't been retired yet.  Its been worn since Halladay, just not since his death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Look what he did under the pressure last year, and the playoffs...

Most on this team came up short in the playoffs. I do believe one year he was only of a few who actually did ok.

I meant during the long grind of the year(s) in Philly with those fans. A slump here. A losing streak there. Things that are not his fault. Fans up there don't care. It'll be an Eagles chant before the summer is over.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Seems like a fair deal for Rendon too.. Get r done.

Ha. Not gonna happen, only two of the six years for Bregman are FA years, they’re basically knocking out arbitration and a short extension in one deal (which is why it’s only $16m aav). 

We've been assuming Kieboom was destined for 2B but maybe it'll actually be 3B. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Everyone is focusing on the talks "halting" but Rendon goes on to say "but they said we'd keep talking."

This isn't the take-it-or-leave-it deal with ****ferbrains.

Agree it's not the end of the discussions. Still... Nats made an offer to try to get this done before the season but they weren't close enough to to the ballpark to actually sit down and hash it out. Prior to the season starting was/is the time to do this deal. It's not over by any means, but the odds the Nats extend Rendon are definitely down some in the past month. 

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

We've been assuming Kieboom was destined for 2B but maybe it'll actually be 3B. 

Agree it's not the end of the discussions. Still... Nats made an offer to try to get this done before the season but they weren't close enough to to the ballpark to actually sit down and hash it out. Prior to the season starting was/is the time to do this deal. It's not over by any means, but the odds the Nats extend Rendon are definitely down some in the past month. 

We also have Luis Garcia, who is very promising.

As for Rendon, I still think they'll get something done--moreso than I ever did with Royce Heaper.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

We also have Luis Garcia, who is very promising.

As for Rendon, I still think they'll get something done--moreso than I ever did with Royce Heaper.

Garcia’s a couple years away but has looked good this spring. He’s grown a lot since I saw him in person last year.

Agreed on the odds of Rendon extension being better than Harper’s... mainly due to player personality and how big the contract is going to be compared to Harper’s. 6yr $150m probably gets it done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Here come the obnoxious fair-weather dbags

I guarantee the kid holding the sign has not been to a game since 2012, and the absolute latest.

Why the **** does the WaPost continue to cover **** like this? There isn't enough Nats stuff to write about? Like Soto, Robles, Gomes, Dozier, Corbin.... We have to read about what the other team's fanbase is planning? COVER THE TEAM LIKE A PROFESSIONAL NEWSPAPER. This **** gets old. The media in DC is more proud of tearing down than providing team coverage.

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1