Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Strasburg at 93/94 could be solid.  I'm still kind of worried that he's not living at 96 like he used to.

We'll see what he does the next outting. Could be ramping up slowly.

The guys that show up and just throw 100 worry me. Like they are full speed right away. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Strasburg at 93/94 could be solid.  I'm still kind of worried that he's not living at 96 like he used to.

Don't trust the guns in ST either. It showed Max at 90 yesterday. We also still have 20-some games left.

• Like 2

So, some Phillies fans got a hold of a 4-day old tweet of mine. The meltdown was epic. They don't like being called bandwagoners or frontrunners. The especially don't like being reminded they lost more than 10,000 games. And they really don't like being reminded it took them 97 years to win a playoff series.

Apparently, the World Series is not a playoff series.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well, looked at the Navy Yard Hampton for rooms two days ago for the April 2/3 Phillies games, not bad, $190 bucks.

Today, sold out.  Residence Inn, out.  Courtyard ~$350

The Boo Bryce Premium, lol

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

Well, looked at the Navy Yard Hampton for rooms two days ago for the April 2/3 Phillies games, not bad, $190 bucks.

Today, sold out.  Residence Inn, out.  Courtyard ~$350

The Boo Bryce Premium, lol

I guarantee it's the Philly garbage coming to town. There will be a lot of them. They will be loud, obnoxious. They have to prove how "passionate" and "die hard" they are, after being nonexistent for almost a decade.

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

Corbin with 5 hits allowed through 3 innings?  I'm just checkin the box score so i have no context of it, god forbid they actually broadcast the game.  

Even with the broadcast, you wouldn't be able to tell what's really going on--unless he's hanging sliders left and right. Not to excuse the **** MASN coverage schedule.

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Even with the broadcast, you wouldn't be able to tell what's really going on--unless he's hanging sliders left and right. Not to excuse the **** MASN coverage schedule.

Yeah but i've seen pitchers get walloped because they're working on a pitch and throw it with frequency that you wouldnt see in a regular circumstance. 

The MASN coverage is terrible.  I've only been able to watch about 30 min of a game... the Nats just aren't on TV.  

Side note... was not aware Weiters had signed with the Cardinals.  

Edited by OVCChairman
  • Like 1

How hard would it be for the Nationals to team with Monumental Sports for broadcasting rights....or why haven't the Nats created their own network? I'm tired of the **** we have to go through to watch a game. Mark Lerner is a partner with Monumental

Edited by Barry.Randolphe

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I guarantee it's the Philly garbage coming to town. There will be a lot of them. They will be loud, obnoxious. They have to prove how "passionate" and "die hard" they are, after being nonexistent for almost a decade.

You are right!  I've still gone over the years, even in my Phillies team awful years, as Nats park is just an awesome park.  There are always a solid amount at Nats park. 

But this year, the entire Right Field is sold out to one group of Phillies fans (maybe not entire, i believe they have 500 tickets).