Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, hatchetwound said:

Last post about the logo, then I'll shut up.  I didn't mean to derail the conversation here.

According to the link you provided, the script W was 1953 before the 1960s Washington Senators.  

Right, I was referring to using the singular W in the 2000's.  Lot of companies use the cursive W (wegmans comes to mind too)

I love the Curly W. I still have one of the all blue caps they had with it their first few years. Onfield version. I wish they'd still rock that sometimes with the patriotic blues.

The other W in spring training is cool also. Grabbed one of those hats. I hope they wear those with the script Nationals jersey' during a home game.

I like some ability to mix it up without going numbers with dayglow colors or weird fonts. So, it's good by me.

Only thing they did those first few years and stopped was a Senators throwback game or two. I'd like that. 

• Like 2

The other thing I'd like them do more often is the old Homestead Grays uniforms--I really wanted them named the Grays

Just now, bearrock said:

9 up, 9 down for Max.  I think somebody is ready for opening day 😛

It's the rare time his 2nd start is the bigger deal.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Bold prediction:

Juan Soto has a better season than Harps.

It's actually not that bold based on Harper's last few years. 

I do worry a bit about Soto this year. Sophomore slump is a real thing and he definitely went through a few rough stretches last year. 

In terms of production, looking at the lineup, I think we need Soto and Rendon to combine to average .290+, combined 50-60 HR, combined 180ish RBI. There's a pretty steep dropoff after those two, and they should have plenty of RBI chances with Eaton and Turner in front of them. Critical that they cash in often.

5 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

It's actually not that bold based on Harper's last few years. 

I do worry a bit about Soto this year. Sophomore slump is a real thing and he definitely went through a few rough stretches last year. 

In terms of production, looking at the lineup, I think we need Soto and Rendon to combine to average .290+, combined 50-60 HR, combined 180ish RBI. There's a pretty steep dropoff after those two, and they should have plenty of RBI chances with Eaton and Turner in front of them. Critical that they cash in often.

One thing about Soto that could help that sophomore slump, is how disciplined he is at the plate.  The most consistent praise I heard about him last year was his plate vision as a rookie.  That he was so good at seeing pitches.  Even if he has a step back in hitting, he's not going to likely be seeing the ball any differently.  Hopefully that helps him overcome that possible down tick.