Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

11 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

being an NL team (single, SB, bunt, sac fly) 

We're going to hit some homers this year: Soto, Rendon, Dozier, Zimm are all 25-30 HR guys--possibly a 30+ or 2 in there.

But with all of the speed this team has, there is going to be a lot of 1st to 3rd, sac fly, type runs.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

We're going to hit some homers this year: Soto, Rendon, Dozier, Zimm are all 25-30 HR guys--possibly a 30+ or 2 in there.

But with all of the speed this team has, there is going to be a lot of 1st to 3rd, sac fly, type runs.

No doubt. I mean the team shouldn't be playing for a bloop and a blast (exception being the obvious need multiple runs late).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

No doubt. I mean the team shouldn't be playing for a bloop and a blast (exception being the obvious need multiple runs late).

I'd love to see them really excel at small-ball. Goes with the whole talk of the little things this spring. Get on, move a guy over, put together some singles that turn into runs. etc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Good for the Mets. They had to keep him. A competitive division when you're also fighting for the title is a cool thing. NL East = NL Beast would be sweet. Sorry Miami, we're not talking about you.

The NL East and Central are going to be dogfights--it's going to be super-fun to watch.

Bold prediction: The Padres will push for a Wild Card spot.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Bold prediction: The Padres will push for a Wild Card spot.

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

93 wins and an NL East title for the Nats. Normalcy will be restored.

Phillies will finish in fourth and Harper will hit under .260. This winter, Philly fans will be asking what they can get back if they trade him.

Agree on Padres.  Also, super excited they bucked the rule and Tatis is on the roster opening day.

$1 friendly bet Warhead that the Phils finish better than the Nats?  :)

26 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Have you posted n a Nats thread in the last 3 years?

Most likely no.  Nats were better and there wasn't really a rivalry.  Back to the fun.  Just as when the Phillies were good, and the Nats weren't no one really spoke to me in the Nats thread either, so goes both ways.

I've done nothing but constructive/fun convo, and that's all i'm here for.

2 hours ago, superozman said:

Most likely no.  Nats were better and there wasn't really a rivalry.  Back to the fun.  Just as when the Phillies were good, and the Nats weren't no one really spoke to me in the Nats thread either, so goes both ways.

I've done nothing but constructive/fun convo, and that's all i'm here for.

Well, constructive/fun convo works when your team isn't very good. We know, we had a few years of that not that long ago. Just interesting you only show up after Bryce signs in Philly. Kinda like another Philly fan who only shows up on this board when his team is winning...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

So Andrew Stevenson is on the opening day roster.  Good for him.  How long is Michael A. Taylor’s DL stint?

Edit: Michael A., Howie Kendrick, and Koda Glover are all on the 10-day injured list ( formerly called the disabled list), retroactive to March 25, per Mark Zuckerman. 

Edited by Dan T.

Ready to rock today. Section 203. I didn't go to a game at all last year because life (I'm usually able to go to 5 or 6 a year). I really like the roster. I second the 93 wins and take back the East.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Taking my 8 yo daughter to opening day. Her first big outing with just dad. Sec 303. 

Awesome. One of the benefits of your kids growing like weeds is getting to do cool things like that with them. I took my 2.5 year old (now 3) to a PNats game last year. He was good for like.. a half inning at a time lol. Then it was time to get up and walk around the concourse. His main takeaway from the game? The scary mascot, which he still talks about 9 months later. 

So yeah, start em early but definitely easier to justify big league ticket prices when they get a little older. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Taking my 8 yo daughter to opening day. Her first big outing with just dad. Sec 303. 

My 5 year old and I go once a month or so. She spends a lot of time on the playground, but she'll also get into the game and that's the most fun.

• Like 1