Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Texans

KDawg

21 minutes ago, Pittman4Two said:

Hello friends.

Just stopped by to say that I'm sorry for what happened to Alex Smith.

I sincerely hope he has a speedy and fully recoveries all over him. ;)

Rob Johnson is still available (somehow) on the free agency FA boards.

All the best,

Pittman4Two

Long time no see.. thanks for the condolences

23 minutes ago, Pittman4Two said:

Hello friends.

All the best,

Pittman4Two

Thanks for you concern!

Missed you Pitt, really have missed you for "Pewter Pirates" week recently. You need to stop by more often, a lot of our more recent posters don't really understand what your predictions bring to the board. We need to see those again.

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

You need to stop by more often

It's hard to find time when you're doing 20 and back missions for the SSP. 

I mean, I tried to patent an idea and shop it to Pitt regarding his senior VP status at Waste Management, several years ago.

We were going to use Musk's rockets to take our waste to the Sun and I was trying to get Pitt in on the ground-floor, but alas he had to go to Mars. 

29 minutes ago, Pittman4Two said:

Hello friends.

All the best,

Pittman4Two

For those of you with the confused face - Pittman4Two is a legend around these parts from many years ago.  Thanks for stopping by P42! :)

Missed your "Pewter Pirates" thread last week - did you post one?

- Not to derail the thread... sorry. 

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

It's hard to find time when you're doing 20 and back missions for the SSP. 

I mean, I tried to patent an idea and shop it to Pitt regarding his senior VP status at Waste Management, several years ago.

We were going to use Musk's rockets to take our waste to the Sun and I was trying to get Pitt in on the ground-floor, but alas he had to go to Mars. 

Man, sounds like Westy, without the submarines. :drooley:

4 minutes ago, Shanwood said:

Colt was throwing the ball to the sideline. The timing was off. I think it was a poor call though. Should have tried something closer to pick up yards for the field goal.

Don't know if there was a enough time on the clock to spike it.  And I'm pretty sure Houston was funneling everything to the middle of the field. 

About the Reed ran the wrong route thing, is there no route where he curls inside?  Maybe an option route and he can go either way?

I know that was a quick throw, so maybe not. But I don't buy into an announcer proclaiming to know our playbook and swaying the vote. They know few to none of the millions watching can conclusively dispute them and its their job to tell us what they think happened. 

One of the 2 has only been using Jay's playbook for 9 games. Reed throws his arms up in the air, which tells me that he actually ran a route in Jay's playbook and was miffed. I don't see him running wrong routes often.  If there is such a route, the door is wide open that Alex screwed up.  Flip a coin. Maybe one of the many lurking reporters can ask Jay about it, but we will get the "not on the same page" answer, but it was the difference in the game and is a worthy question nonetheless.

It doesn't seem fair the QBs almost always get the benefit of the doubt on these things. Reed is no spring chicken, he is our best hands guy and a vet in Jay's offense from day 1.

32 minutes ago, Shanwood said:

Colt was throwing the ball to the sideline. The timing was off. I think it was a poor call though. Should have tried something closer to pick up yards for the field goal.

I believe the goal was to get a PI call. As close as possible to the endzone.

One thing that had me feeling positive about our chances with colt was that right when he went in, Reed finally caught another TD. First TD since week 1.  I’m not sure what the reason is but somehow reed and Alex Smith just weren’t quite on the same page much of the time...i think reed will start getting more catches with colt playing the rest of the season. 

32 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I believe the goal was to get a PI call. As close as possible to the endzone.

Probably saw the two previous muggings that went uncalled and figured it was worth a shot and maybe the refs would call it this time.  Pretty unbelievable that it was not called.

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

One thing that had me feeling positive about our chances with colt was that right when he went in, Reed finally caught another TD. First TD since week 1.  I’m not sure what the reason is but somehow reed and Alex Smith just weren’t quite on the same page much of the time...i think reed will start getting more catches with colt playing the rest of the season. 

I actually look forward to offense taking a major step forward under McCoy.  Smith just wasn't comfortable making tight throws.  

32 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

About the Reed ran the wrong route thing, is there no route where he curls inside?  Maybe an option route and he can go either way?

It's impossible for anyone outside of the Redskins building to be 100% sure. There are routes were you move one way and then come back the other - normally called a pivot route. If it was a called pivot route then the pick is on Smith. It did not look like it was though.

It looked like a choice/option route where Reed is supposed to make a cut based on the alignment of the DB. Its then a timing thing - especially down by the goalline. Once you make the choice on the cut unless the QB is expecting the second move you can not pivot on the route. The QB will be throwing the ball to the back of your head before you come out of the cut. Reed should have boxed out the DB and showed Smith his numbers.

32 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I know that was a quick throw, so maybe not. But I don't buy into an announcer proclaiming to know our playbook and swaying the vote. They know few to none of the millions watching can conclusively dispute them and its their job to tell us what they think happened. 

That announcer was Trent Green - he's thrown a lot of passes on that route down by the goalline. He can't be 100% sure either - but I'm going high 90's he is right.

43 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Jay addressed it in an interview last night.  He said it wasn't anyone's fault.  Reed broke the right way on a choice route, getting open, but Alex's view was blocked according to Jay so he didn't get a good view to see Jordan's move away from the defender, 

1 hour ago, TheGreek1973 said:

All the debacle of the last couple of minutes happen with the terrible PI call on Norman.  if not for that we probably win this game.

That and Vernon Davis dropping a ball that was right in his hands. He's becoming a liability IMHO.

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

That and Vernon Davis dropping a ball that was right in his hands. He's becoming a liability IMHO.

You can count on him making 1-2 game altering plays in the wrong direction.  I know Davis is a proven veteran, but they may want to consider putting plays in for Jeremy Sprinkle.  Davis sucks

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jay addressed it in an interview last night.  He said it wasn't anyone's fault.  Reed broke the right way on a choice route, getting open, but Alex's view was blocked according to Jay so he didn't get a good view to see Jordan's move away from the defender, 

I think Jay has been in Washington too long what does he think he is running for Congress, just answer the dam question Jay lol

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I 100% guarantee it was someone fault :-)

The way he explained it was Alex's fault but defending him by saying he had blocked vision.

Just now, Stadium-Armory said:

Our defense is still really good in the red zone.

Good red zone defense, bad third down defense.  Be cool if they can get that figured out.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I watch the kick, it hit the middle up right then fell back into the endzone instead of through the uprights

Ya, third down play.  I agree Houston was covering the sidelines, but I'm pretty sure they weren't going to let that be easy on 2nd or 1st down either.  Could they have a called a better play? Yes, but I don't believe the plan was to take a shot downfield, that was an option and Colt chose that probably hoping for the PI seeing everything else was covered.

Edit- I see others already pointed it out that it was short 

So, Trey Quinn had the 2nd most offensive snaps out of the receivers.  Doctson > Quinn > Harris > Floyd in terms of snap amounts.  Does that surprise anyone else?  The last pick in the entire draft, first game in the NFL for him, and suddenly he's getting the majority of snaps.

What does that say about our WR corps if Quinn is immediately promoted.

Archived