Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the most fun you've had lately?

Spaceman Spiff

Most fun I’ve had, probably these past couple of months in general. Moved back home after a summer of being in CT for an internship. Been hanging with friends, watching more skins games than I was able to do while i was at college (both schools i went to were in giants/jets/patriots territory). Traveled a couple times (Iowa with the family for grandpas 90th, and Nashville the weekend after to visit my brother). Went to a Halloween party. Great times. 

I know it's stupid, but Topgolf. As someone who played nine holes of golf in my entire life, this was an absolute blast. Wife was a natural (she had never played in her life). It took me a full round to get my swing, but damn that crazy fun. It was my birthday, so the mimosas were flowing right when they open, then we hit up a bunch of nearby breweries. You guys up in Nova are spoiled with some DAMN good ones. 

IMG_2794.JPG

37 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Where did you meet Willie?

In the space time continuum. 

My bad, should've been more specific.  I didn't actually meet Willie, but more smoke his brand of top-shelf marijuana. 

26 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Ahh, so Richmond I'm guessing? Speaking of microbreweries, I believe it's pretty close to Hardywood right?

Yup. Hardywood is just east of the Redskins training camp site (still the best/most fun of the breweries to go to around here, depending on  what events they have going on, IMO), and there are a bunch of breweries/cideries just east of the TC site in Scott's Addition. This is just a little more west (but not that far at all) on the Richmond/Henrico line. Henrico has been talking about trying to turn the nearby industrial/business park area into Scott's Addition 2.0, because you just can't quench our insatiable thirst for more breweries down here. There's also a Vail (one of the Scott's Addition breweries)  opening up a few blocks from where I live,  just south of the river. I'm in trouble. I might end up needing to take on a second job, perhaps at a brewery.

37 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Yup. Hardywood is just east of the Redskins training camp site (still the best/most fun of the breweries to go to around here, depending on  what events they have going on, IMO), and there are a bunch of breweries/cideries just east of the TC site in Scott's Addition. This is just a little more west (but not that far at all) on the Richmond/Henrico line. Henrico has been talking about trying to turn the nearby industrial/business park area into Scott's Addition 2.0, because you just can't quench our insatiable thirst for more breweries down here. There's also a Vail (one of the Scott's Addition breweries)  opening up a few blocks from where I live,  just south of the river. I'm in trouble. I might end up needing to take on a second job, perhaps at a brewery.

Hahaha! Awesome. Every time we're in Richmond we stop by Hardywood, so we got lucky with one opening up in Charlottesville. It's nice to be able to be there on the Gingerbread Stout release day and not have to wait in line. Speaking of which, if you can get your hands on "Christmas Pancakes" I personally thought it was better than their Gingerbread Stout this year. SO tasty.

2 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

I've been carefully monitoring a Topgolf  being built about a block away from where I work. 

we went for a kids party. Friend of ours is the sales director at my local Topgolf. I've never swung a club but after the first 20 swings I was hitting it decently. It was a ton of fun.

My mom bought a beach house in Santa Cruz (eventually to retire to in a handful of years) and she has been gracious enough to let my wife & I use it whenever.  Taking the kids there and witnessing their first experience on the boardwalk and going on the rides they are old enough for......was a blast.  

Santa Cruz is a fun city, being able to access it at zero cost for boarding rules. 

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

My mom bought a beach house in Santa Cruz (eventually to retire to in a handful of years) and she has been gracious enough to let my wife & I use it whenever.  Taking the kids there and witnessing their first experience on the boardwalk and going on the rides they are old enough for......was a blast.  

Santa Cruz is a fun city, being able to access it at zero cost for boarding rules. 

But the vampires, man ...

On 11/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm assuming it's not discussing, the WaPo Journalist killed at the Saudi Consolate, Trump, Immigration, mass shootings, Trump, an assault on American democracy aka Trump, more Trump, Georgetown Hoyas basketball, White Nationalist Demonstrations, Trump, Election 2018, Trump, Russia, Trump, Brexit and more Trump. 

Wait, we're allowed to talk about things other than politics in Tailgate ?

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wait, we're allowed to talk about things other than politics in Tailgate ?

I don't know how long you've been posting here, but there was a time.  It was a great time.  It was a time where the Tailgate wasn't dominated by politics and social justice issues.  It was a rollicking, hilarious, fun time.  It was a group of people coming together from different backgrounds uniting over booze, boobs, music, movies, jokes, and finding common ground instead of the divisive echo chamber that it's become.  

We've lost a lot of good people along the way.  But fear not.  We can get it back. 

We can get it back.

Went on my first cruise 2 weeks ago, too many margaritas to remember much. Went to Mexico and Atlantis, I was suspect as I didn’t think a cruise would be much fun/worth the money. I was wrong, easy fun vacation with my girl and another couple that are good friends of ours. 

95B12F3A-3AEF-469A-9D66-6E1453C55135.jpeg

Most "kid" fun I've had is playing Astro Bot on PSVR.  It's one of the most fun video games experiences I've ever had.  It gave me that feeling I got when I played Mario 64 on N64 for the first time and saw a 3D rendition of Mario.  It just blew me away.  Well Astro Bot gives that same exact feeling but instead it does for platformers in VR what Mario 64 did for them in 3D.

Most "adult" fun I've had recently was my SCUBA OW certification class/pool work last weekend.  It was a long weekend that was from 9am - 10pm both Saturday and Sunday, but I learned a ton and I found all of the science/chemistry and what not behind SCUBA extremely interesting and I had no clue about all of it.  The pool work was fun too.

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

By the National Harbor?

No, Richmond. I assume they're building one there? That will be be pretty sweet. I need to get up there and check out that area again. Last time I was up there was 2014 when I went to see the game Colt McCoy replaced Kirk in a game against the Titans. I didn't get to check out the harbor much.

4 hours ago, max21 said:

Went on my first cruise 2 weeks ago, too many margaritas to remember much. Went to Mexico and Atlantis, I was suspect as I didn’t think a cruise would be much fun/worth the money. I was wrong, easy fun vacation with my girl and another couple that are good friends of ours. 

95B12F3A-3AEF-469A-9D66-6E1453C55135.jpeg

That looks like the worlds most poorly designed water slide.

pitch meeting: we are thinking of a 4-story water slide built so you come out of an aztec temple. But instead of gliding smoothly into water you glide into concrete. And Incase you keep going there will be a metal barrier. Hard Stop. But the end will be surrounded by water so you get the impression that you landed in water. What do you think?

I was Dr Frank N Furter at a little post-halloween gala to support a library and museum in Lexington Kentucky.   Open bar of Four-Roses, 4 inch high foot-torture devices, fishnet stockings, and unexpected appreciation from 20-something onlookers.... 

This geezer had a sloppy, bleary, happy smile.   

2 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

No, Richmond. I assume they're building one there? That will be be pretty sweet. I need to get up there and check out that area again. Last time I was up there was 2014 when I went to see the game Colt McCoy replaced Kirk in a game against the Titans. I didn't get to check out the harbor much.

It's getting there... The MGM opened last December. They put the Top Golf about maybe five minutes from there.

More on Meow Wolf, which I just learned.  I knew it was built in an old bowling alley in Santa Fe.  If nothing else, the sign out front gives that away: 

667ff2706c42c666850b96f731903092.jpg

But what I didn't know is that the abandoned bowling alley was purchased for the artists who created Meow Wolf by none other than George R.R. Martin.

Learned that through this movie trailer.

Also, plans are underway for versions to open in Denver, Las Vegas, and Austin.

Archived