Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are the 2018-19 Redskins?

Burgold

It just came to me that the 2018-19 Redskins are Popeye. Some weeks, we eat our spinach and out muscle and beat the hell out of the opponent whilst other weeks Bluto hides our spinach and we get the snot kicked out of us. Our biggest problem is that our cheerleaders, Olive Oyl, wasn't smart enough to pack us two cans of spinach for our Sunday picnic... that's why we keep running out of steam in the second half.

That's my best take. Who do you think the Redskins are this year?

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You guys are really no fun at all :kickcan:

Au contraire, we're ****ing awesome.

tenor.gif?itemid=5713741

They didn't finish the game strong today but I really liked how they came out and punched Carolina in the mouth.  They just need to figure out how to get it together in the 2nd half.  If they can do that I think we'll be playing meaningful football in December.

Same as ever. Terrible with two weeks to prepare. Embarrassing on nationally televised night games. Win games we should lose. Lose games we should win. Odd-ball play calling. Lack weapons. Have some moments. 8-8.

Silver lining: the defense is an off-season and a couple players away from being legit dominant.

31 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You guys are really no fun at all :kickcan:

We're a death by a thousand cuts offense with a top 10 defense.  Don't look now, but we're tied for 5th in the league in turnover differential as well.  This may sound ridiculous, but we got a bend but don't break offense and our defense is really what's winning us football games.  If we get up on you, you're toast, that's what we're starting to look like.

29 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Slver lining: the defense is an off-season and a couple players away from being legit dominant.

I kinda disagree. I think it's just growth from guys like Allen, Payne and Dunbar, maybe Nicholson. Adding players from external hasn't been as good. 

JHC did make one play today and i hope he continues to grow. 

Who are the 2018-2019 Redskins? 

They are a team who can beat, or lose, to any team in the NFL. They are a team that requires ball control. When they dominate TOP they do not lose. I haven't seen too many teams this year with the ability to hold on to the ball for as long as this team can. Yes, there are explosive offenses, but not many that can keep the ball for 8-9 minutes every possession. 

They are a team with a decent, not great, defense ... in a league filled with bad defenses. It benefits greatly from ball control. 

They are a playoff team. 

44 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Poor man’s Jacksonville Jaguars.

Which can lead to 11 wins or 6 wins 

I'm beginning to wonder if Jacksonville is a poor man's Washington Redskins.

I mean for real, our frustration with our offense is valid because we actually do have some offensive weapons outside our starting running back and pro bowl QB.  Teams like Dallas and Jacksonville wish they had that.

I'd put it into the area of a very talented team that's still growing and learning to win together. 

Alex Smith is the icing in the cake because he has to learn all the styles of the WRs and pass catchers and pass blockers, but really it's everybody. 

We have a team that's a lot of drafted and undrafted talent, it's interesting because the roster has kinda been overhauled through competition in a few seasons, with young guys winning out. So, with Dunbar and Monte and Moreau, we've got talent in the secondary but it's mostly potential. With Doctson, and Robinson and possibly Harris or Quinn and Sims weve got talent but it's not realized. Brown and Foster are vets but after that we've got JHC and SDH, not to mention Vigil. Again potential. We've got Allen and Payne, both big first rounders who can firm a dominant line, but are they they're yet? 

So what do we expect from this? I've gotta say that that NO loss had me like a bust on The Apollo. But in hindsight, while i don't expect those lows, i think it's a part of this team's and the young players growth. I question if Jay is the BEST guy to get these guys on the right path (getting the absolute best from them), but i like that he focuses so much on teaching and youth. Ultimately i think he's closer to a Jason Garrett than a Sean Payton, but i can live with that for the time being because for so long we could barely crawl.

I'm happy to be walking now. Maybe we won't be running with the big boys for a while, but at least we can beat most of the teams that are crawling, put up fights against most of the against the walkers, and occasionally take one against a runner. 

Archived