Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The airline experience has become miserable

No Excuses

1 hour ago, China said:

Dramatic moment flames shoot from plane before emergency landing

Dramatic video captured the moment flames shot out of an engine on a flight in North America — leading one terrified passenger to think, “Damn, it’s gonna go down!”.

The Southwest Airlines flight from Texas was climbing out of William P. Hobby Airport in Houston en route to Cancun, Mexico on Tuesday evening, local time, when the right engine erupted in flames, local television station KHOU reported.

“All I know is it started swinging like left to right, and I thought, I’ve been on a lot of flights,” Flight 307 passenger Coale Kalisek told the outlet.

“I think I fly once or twice a month and I knew that wasn’t normal and so I opened up my window and I’m sitting next to the engine and that whole engine you see like fireballs coming out of it.”

The San Antonio man was headed to the Mexican resort with his girlfriend.

“I’m thinking damn, it’s gonna go down,” Mr Kalisek said.

36f8105386493b90584fc1eb3ec554b7

Click on the link for the full story

I will totally admit that if I were on that flight, I'd **** myself.  But from a purely logical, safety aspect, this really isn't that big of a deal.  Not a HUGE deal in terms of making it safely back to the ground at least.

A United Airlines pilot has been charged in a bizarre ax attack earlier this month in which he savaged a parking arm at a Denver International Airport employee parking lot, causing an estimated $700 in damage. Police say the pilot, Kenneth Henderson Jones, told them "He just hit his breaking point."

While Jones has not responded to messages, Adams County Sheriff's deputies say Jones told them, "He just hit his breaking point." 

According to a police report, Jones also said he was trying to leave but he estimated there were six cars in line at each of the three exit gates. Airport administrators said there have been issues with the lot as people don't have proper permits. Deputies say Jones told them he "was trying to get rid of issues for everyone waiting."

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/kenneth-henderson-jones-ax-attack-denver-international-airport-parking-lot-arm-united-airlines-pilot/

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Airline Passenger Reportedly Mistakes Her Pepper Spray for Hand Lotion, Forces Emergency Landing

An American Airlines flight from Miami to New York was forced to make an emergency landing after a passenger gassed the cabin with pepper spray.

According to one report, the woman claimed that she accidentally deployed the noxious chemical after mistaking it for hand lotion or sanitizer.

American Airlines Flight AA1680 diverted to Jacksonville after the incident about 5 p.m. on Sunday.

A Reddit user who reported that their significant other was onboard the flight, said passengers near the back of the plane began unexpectedly coughing and complaining they couldn't see.

It was unclear what was causing the disturbance, and a flight attendant called on anyone who knew what was going on to come forward, according to a Reddit post.

Click on the link for the full article

Hobby Airport returning to normal operations after employees forced to evacuate air traffic tower

Air traffic controllers were allowed back into their work station up high in a tower at Houston Hobby Airport after they were forced to evacuate in the midst of air conditioning issues.

The airport confirmed the evacuation at about 4:45 p.m., which impacted personnel and equipment.

The Houston Airport System said employees in the tower were relocated to a ground-level fire station on airport property to continue guiding flights through older methods.

Flights were still coming in and out of Hobby intermittently, HAS said. Some ground stops were in effect and arrivals and departures were reduced by about half of the normal operations.

Click on the link for the full article

Approval of a strike by the full membership doesn’t mean the union can strike. Under the Railway Labor Act, workers can ask the National Mediation Board to release them from negotiations, followed by a 30-day “cooling off” period preceding a strike. However, President Joe Biden or Congress could intervene to prevent a strike

• Thumb up 1

No one here has ever used Greyhound or Amtrak?  Talk about miserable experience.  I will caveat it with, after I researched a bit more.  Congress and the President don't seem to care about Amtrak outside of the Northeast corridor.  Technically, the railroad owners have to prioritize passenger traffic over freight.  They don't and know our government won't really enforce.

"Son of Fergasun" coming to visit at last moment... Amtrak seemed pretty reasonable. Equivalent of a red eye train on Thursday night.

Thursday night .. "Your train is delayed 3 hours."  Than 6 hours, than 8 hours.  So he just took Greyhound.  At least he had his own seat.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

No one here has ever used Greyhound or Amtrak?  Talk about miserable experience.  I will caveat it with, after I researched a bit more.  Congress and the President don't seem to care about Amtrak outside of the Northeast corridor.  Technically, the railroad owners have to prioritize passenger traffic over freight.  They don't and know our government won't really enforce.

"Son of Fergasun" coming to visit at last moment... Amtrak seemed pretty reasonable. Equivalent of a red eye train on Thursday night.

Thursday night .. "Your train is delayed 3 hours."  Than 6 hours, than 8 hours.  So he just took Greyhound.  At least he had his own seat.

How far was the trip?  I've used it for short trips with no real issues.

58 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How far was the trip?  I've used it for short trips with no real issues.

9 hours. Not sure what the issue was, but he was coming on the New Orleans to Los Angeles line. Seems like they picked up the delay in El Paso. 

Their report card is horrible... like on time only 20 percent of the time on that route.  Even my not-originally-born in America wife said when she came here for college they couldnt understand why the trains were run so poorly.

That hilarious 

everyone must have been pissed. And grossed out. 

if you had to **** yourself in public, doing it so it causes an international flight to turn around and then it trends on twitter has to be among the more embarrassing ways to do it 😂 

• Haha 3

Looking over plane prices today for a quick trip to Vegas and they are like 1000 dollars

So where do you get good deals on plane tickets

I'm not talking Fronteir or Spirit I saw those prices be like 230 dollars round trip lol it's like are we fliying on the wright brothers plane? But 1000 round trip from IAD to Vegas isn't worth it. I hope there's another option.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Looking over plane prices today for a quick trip to Vegas and they are like 1000 dollars

I'm not talking Fronteir or Spirit I saw those prices be like 230 dollars round trip lol it's like are we fliying on the wright brothers plane? But 1000 round trip from IAD to Vegas isn't worth it. I hope there's another option.

If it is November 16 to 18 -- thats the Grand Prix weekend.  

ITA flight matrix is where I search.  

8 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Play the credit card game and get free flights.  I save thousands and thousands every year with it.

• Thumb up 1