Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’d take Jerry over Dan in a heartbeat. Maybe that’s going from the frying pan into the kettle.  But Dallas seems to have their **** at least a bit more than Dan and Bruce.

I wonder how many from each 'side' would make that trade.  When the Eagles win, we are all doomed.  

**Where is Westy, btw?**

Just now, Roger.Staubach said:

I wonder how many from each 'side' would make that trade.  When the Eagles win, we are all doomed.  

**Where is Westy, btw?**

Any Dallas fan who wants to trade with the Skins isn’t paying attention to record, game day attendance, relevance, or tv ratings.  

Trust me, you’re better off with Jerry and the clapper than we are with Dan, Bruce and Jay.  

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

NO was due to hit a wall. dallast d is decent. But NO will be at home and there will be much on the line for them than when they played dallast. They were on a 10 gm winning streak. those are hard to maintain.

NO let their guard down - got caught. Will not happen again, If it does, then I will be a believer in the dallast D. It would b better fro them to paly LA. They are a bit of paper tiger to me. You make them pass and they are not nearlyh as good a team. Also, that D for LA is mediocre and can be had. NO on the other hand, not so much.

The Saints did hit a wall...  The Dallas defense wall.  Dallas player TOLD the Saints they were going to punch them in the mouth and did it.  Saints didn't just have some bad game, the Cowboys made them have a bad game.  Dallas defense is very good whether you want to admit it or not.

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, Romo helped waste Romo.  I say this also knowing Romo would have been the best QB the Skins have had since... Rypien in 1991?  But he had some really untimely booboos which helped him earn his reputation.

Jerry might be an obnoxious blow hard but he’s kept the fan base together, put forward a pretty good product some of the time.

I’d take Jerry over Dan in a heartbeat. Maybe that’s going from the frying pan into the kettle.  But Dallas seems to have their **** at least a bit more than Dan and Bruce.

Id definitely take JJ over Dan everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.  Dan will never win a SB as an owner, JJ got three.  Plus JJ seems kinda cool but Danny Boy is corny as hell.

3 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

The Saints did hit a wall...  The Dallas defense wall.  Dallas player TOLD the Saints they were going to punch them in the mouth and did it.  Saints didn't just have some bad game, the Cowboys made them have a bad game.  Dallas defense is very good whether you want to admit it or not.

Umm, so the Cowboys said they were going to beat the Saints? Isn't that basically what every team says? Do you think they're going to come out and say that they plan on getting their asses kicked for three hours?

21 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You have to be a Cowboys fan with the way you defend them any time some says something negative about them.

Actually I talk facts not blind hate that makes no sense.  Secondly I just said the SEAHAWKS were 10-6, so how are they flawed?  The Seahawks....  The Seahawks....

So if you can't stand to read honest opinions on football that is currently played then run over to Larry Michael podcast and let him blow burgundy and gold dreamy smoke up your ass.  I apologize for speaking on what I see.

12 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Umm, so the Cowboys said they were going to beat the Saints? Isn't that basically what every team says? Do you think they're going to come out and say that they plan on getting their asses kicked for three hours?

They called the Saints out BEFORE they played them.  That isn't enough motivation to keep from "hitting a wall"?  D-Law said what they were going to do to them and how they would out physical them.  And they did.

1 hour ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

They called the Saints out BEFORE they played them.  That isn't enough motivation to keep from "hitting a wall"?  D-Law said what they were going to do to them and how they would out physical them.  And they did.

You are not following the party line here.  Obviously, there is no easier team to beat than a team on a 10 game win streak.  Dallas lucked into that, the same way they were lucky to win 8 of their last 9 games.  The refs just gave them the wins.  Why can't you see that?

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

You stopped in the wrong city, pilgrim. Dallas is further west.

I think Robert Craft and Michael Jordan and real cool owners as well.  Should I stop in New England and Charlotte too....  Pilgrim?

For the record I just agreed with another poster who would rather have JJ than Snyder as an owner.  Shall I force them to go on a road trip to every owner I think comes across as a cool guy too?

4 hours ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

I said they were a decent D - did I not? They had a good day at the right time against NO. NO had a bad game at the same time. As I said, let's see dallast do it again. If they play NO next and do it again, then OK they are better than I think they are right now. Until then, they are just OK.

I agree with another poster - you sure do get sensitive if someone says anything about dallast. And please spare us with I deal in facts garbage. You are providing irrational defense for them. So just admit you are cowboys fan. It will be good for the soul.

3 hours ago, Nerm said:

You are not following the party line here.  Obviously, there is no easier team to beat than a team on a 10 game win streak.  Dallas lucked into that, the same way they were lucky to win 8 of their last 9 games.  The refs just gave them the wins.  Why can't you see that?

No one said any of this. They are on a nice run. Good for them. They are playing good ball right now and deserve credit for the win. But let's not pretend they are elite. They did not exactly beat the murders row coming down that stretch. They did beat NO, but they also lost to the Colts 23-0 just a few weeks ago. Tampa Bay? Us? the Falcons? Even Philly is just an OK win.

At least we know you are a cowboy fan so the irrational defense like the statement above makes more sense as opposed to the other one who is still in the closet 🙂 

Let's take this a step further. While the D for dallast is getting a lot of love, I believe it's the improvement on offense that is not getting enough love - especially Dak. He was literally giving games away early in the season. However, since they were 3-5. he has played at another level. He is taking care of he ball much better and making great decisions. Also, to the Jerry FO vs. Redskins FO, getting Cooper was a brilliant move (vs. we get Ha-Ha - kind of a prophetic name actually). It gave Dak a legitimate #1 WR that other teams have to prepare for. But it's more than that. He is just playing with a great deal of confidence and poise. I can't believe Seattle did not have anyone spying Dak on the QB draw. He has been making those plays quite a bit coming down the stretch. He is of course not a running QB, but when he does, he is very effective. Very hard to bring down.

Certainly a good win for them as any PO win is a good win. But it gets much tougher next week - especially if you have to play NO. The Rams are much better match up for you. Your D can take the run away and make Goff beat you. That has proven successful in recent weeks against them. Also, that D of theirs is suspect. Dak and the off should be able to put up some points. So ultimately you should be rooting for a philly win - as hard as that may be.

The Cowboys could easily find themselves in the NFC Championship game. Their defense is absolutely legit and full of confidence. If they end up playing the Saints in NO, that'll be a tough out for them, despite what they did to them earlier in the season. I think they can definitely beat the Eagles again, and if they can beat the Saints, they can beat the Bears. Hoping someone shuts them down, but they're a scary team right now. Luckily they won't have any more home games unless the Eagles somehow pull out a win. That's when it's time to pray for Armageddon to hit. But as much as it hurts to say, Dallas outclasses us in just about every single category. By miles. And yes, I'd take Jerruh over lil' Napoleon any day of the week. Then again, I'd also take a dead drifter, so ...

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Any Dallas fan who wants to trade with the Skins isn’t paying attention to record, game day attendance, relevance, or tv ratings.  

Trust me, you’re better off with Jerry and the clapper than we are with Dan, Bruce and Jay.  

I think it is Bruce that is killing you.  Jay has been working with a MASH unit for the last two.  And, now, you may not have a QB.  Jay has been dealt a tough hand.  (I also feel sorry for Alex Smith.  Guy is just not wanted for whatever reason yet he was good.  I hope his career isn't over.)

12 minutes ago, Roger.Staubach said:

I think it is Bruce that is killing you.  Jay has been working with a MASH unit for the last two.  And, now, you may not have a QB.  Jay has been dealt a tough hand.  (I also feel sorry for Alex Smith.  Guy is just not wanted for whatever reason yet he was good.  I hope his career isn't over.)

Bruce is killing us because Dan empowers him to do so.

Jay consistently minimizes the talent in the team.  Garrett is a better coach than Jay and it’s not close.  And yes, that is saying something because Garrett won’t be confused with Tom Landry any time soon.

9 hours ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

I think Robert Craft and Michael Jordan and real cool owners as well.  Should I stop in New England and Charlotte too....  Pilgrim?

For the record I just agreed with another poster who would rather have JJ than Snyder as an owner.  Shall I force them to go on a road trip to every owner I think comes across as a cool guy too?

You are literally the ONLY person I've ever heard, Dallas fan or not, to say that Jerry "Glory hole" Jones is "kinda cool". Even the most die hard Cowboys fans I know would never pretend that he's cool lol

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

You are literally the ONLY person I've ever heard, Dallas fan or not, to say that Jerry "Glory hole" Jones is "kinda cool". Even the most die hard Cowboys fans I know would never pretend that he's cool lol

He thinks "Skeletor" is cool. :ols:

Archived