Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

When Kirk left DC the sports media wanted so badly for Kirk to morph into this uber-elite QB just so they could trash on Washington some more and make it seem like they were idiots for allowing Kirk to leave.   Now they are turning on Kirk on a nationally televised game.  

There's a reason his nickname around here was Common Kirk.

You actually believe that they wanted Kirk to be good to clown the Redskins? Put the bottle down.

The Redskins made the dude rich.  There is no way the Skins look good in this, no matter how Kirk plays.  I don’t think anyone is sitting around thinking “gee those Redskins sure are smart” for paying Kirk 44M for nothing, making him the highest paid QB ever, getting nothing in return, and then trading away assets and crippling their cap for Andy Reid’s me down.  The only way the Skins could look smart was to flip him years ago for picks and watch him flame out while they draft a baller.  That ship sailed long ago.

Cousins brings home the loss but at least he got his customary useless TD when the game was out of reach. What an awful move by Minny. Almost as bad as our move. 

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You actually believe that they wanted Kirk to be good to clown the Redskins? Put the bottle down.

The Redskins made the dude rich.  There is no way the Skins look good in this, no matter how Kirk plays.  I don’t think anyone is sitting around thinking “gee those Redskins sure are smart” for paying Kirk 44M for nothing, making him the highest paid QB ever, getting nothing in return, and then trading away assets and crippling their cap for Andy Reid’s me down.  The only way the Skins could look smart was to flip him years ago for picks and watch him flame out while they draft a baller.  That ship sailed long ago.

#WeAre

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Redskins made the dude rich.  There is no way the Skins look good in this, no matter how Kirk plays. 

I don't think they necessarily "wanted Kirk to be good so they could clown the Redskins" but I do think there was a narrative created that "once again the Redskins front office made the wrong decision" merely because Kirk was the best QB they have had in awhile, it automatically meant they had to over pay him or just go all out to try and keep him.  The Redskins organization can and should be bashed for a lot of reasons.  Letting Kirk walk with little resistance should not be one of them.

I don't think the Redskins necessarily look good in this either.  What I am saying is that when Kirk was in DC, he got a lot of similar criticisms that he is now getting from Minnesota and national media, however when he first left D.C. there was this "how could Washington let a franchise QB go" narrative.  It was like they were treating Kirk as if he was some kind of Top 10 QB in the NFL that was a can't do without caliber QB.   Dude was never going to live up to the Vikings contract.  Not his fault of course, but still the narrative was that Kirk escaped chaos and was now going to flourish on a team with a better defense and better play makers around him.  Not like he has been horrible, he has looked good plenty, but he is who he is, who he was here, and who he likely will always be. 

1 minute ago, DCSaints_fan said:

By 2020, in the span of 5 years(2016-2020), Cousins will have made about $128 million.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/kirk-cousins-9915/cash-earnings/

For comparison, Brees has only made about $102 million 2014-2018.

I can respect Kirk getting max value. I thought the Redskins were gping to offer over 100 million to stay here. We tagged him twice for nothing.  

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What’s wierd about “Kirk Guys” is atleast speaking for myself, IDGAF if he loses, plays bad or kicks ass.  You don’t see ‘Kirk Guys’ in here partying after good games.  I’m more of a AntiBruce guy than I am a Kirk guy. 

I think being AntiBruce unites the entire Redskins nation.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Those 16 points are looking pretttty goooood right about now, huh lol...

Seriously, though, I think Josh Johnson's garbage-time stats were more impressive than Kirk Cousins' garbage-time stats.

Could have been 23 or 24. I can't believe that we made not 1, but 2 two pointers in a regular season game... garbage time or not.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What’s wierd about “Kirk Guys” is atleast speaking for myself, IDGAF if he loses, plays bad or kicks ass.  You don’t see ‘Kirk Guys’ in here partying after good games.  I’m more of a AntiBruce guy than I am a Kirk guy. 

Nah, they go over to the Kirk Cousins thread for that lol...then again, it's been awhile since he's had a good game, so....

And right now damn near every Skins fan better be an anti-Bruce guy. And anti-Kirk. And anti-Mara. And anti-Carlos Rogers for dropping that INT that could have propelled us to the NFC Championship game. And anti-Michelle Shepherd, because she broke up with me when I was 19. Yeah, I said it.

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Those 16 points are looking pretttty goooood right about now, huh lol...

Seriously, though, I think Josh Johnson's garbage-time stats were more impressive than Kirk Cousins' garbage-time stats.

Actually Josh's QBR rating was about 124 Sunday, if I remember correctly. Or something close to it.

How about converting 2 straight 2-point conversions ?

Bet that doesn't happen often. Probably never, for the Redskins

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually Josh's QBR rating was about 124 Sunday, if I remember correctly. Or something close to it.

How about converting 2 straight 2-point conversions ?

Bet that doesn't happen often. Probably never, for the Redskins

I think he averaged 12.2 yards per attempt. That doesn't ever happen for the Skins, either lol...

Archived