Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Love them or hate them, you've got to admit the Patriots are good at meticulous details. The two dudes jumping into the endzone to down the ball at the one, and now the Patriots faking out going on fourth just to run down the clock. That's the type of coaching and strategy I dream of at night.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Love them or hate them, you've got to admit the Patriots are good at meticulous details. The two dudes jumping into the endzone to down the ball at the one, and now the Patriots faking out going on fourth just to run down the clock. That's the type of coaching and strategy I dream of at night.

The move at the end of the half with. Brady getting the entire offense up to the lone quickly to show they weee for it on 4th down, then having the offense run off and the punting team run on was a thing of beauty.

Tomlin needed to call a TO anyway on the 4th down play, in case you stop them, you have the ball at the Pats 40 with 40 seconds left and a TO.

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bellichick just totally schooled Tomlin on clock management.

Pitt takes 2 TOs into halftime.  Had a chance to have the ball with about 40 seconds and a TO.

It was more dumbassery on Tomlin's part. 4th down, 50 seconds left. You call the TO. If they don't make it, you have enough time to go for a TD, if they punt, you have time for a drive. The downside is you might save NE a timeout if they make it, but with that amount of time and the Patriots having 3 Tostados anyway, that shouldn't have been an issue that decided anything.

Just a coach who's a couple of steps behind, consistently.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Why are the Steelers keeping Boswell? Does he have dirt on someone?

It's just pure incompetence at this point. Did you hear that Tomlin quote? "He's earned it" because he was good in the past. So, never mind that he's ruining your season, just keep him as a thank you because he used to be good. My word.

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's just pure incompetence at this point. Did you hear that Tomlin quote? "He's earned it" because he was good in the past. So, never mind that he's ruining your season, just keep him as a thank you because he used to be good. My word.

There are like 19 players that fit this description for the Redskins.

Archived