Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

The word on the DC streets is that the old RFK site is going to have the new stadium with only or around 55K seats.

Yeah, we'll see if that spending bill add-on makes it through. Also MD governor wants them to put it near MGM.

RFK site would be the best with the Metro access and hopefully they could get the area rezoned for commercial development. I'd think 60K sounds right......like 33K lower deck, 7K club level, 15K upper deck, and the rest in suites. 

I just hope they can move out of Landover sooner than the lease expires. The thought of being there thru 2027 makes my head hurt. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m not critical of them wanting to win. I’m being critical of them acting like an 11-5 or 10-6 season is the end of the world after having gone 12-4/13-3/14-2 for like the last 5 or 6 seasons. 

But yes you are, because what the Patriot fans are "whining" about is they're upset that they don't think they're going to win a Super Bowl this year. 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

But yes you are, because what the Patriot fans are "whining" about is they're upset that they don't think they're going to win a Super Bowl this year. 

I haven’t heard any of their fans that i know say that they don’t think they’ll be in the super bowl. Are there seriously people that think that?? 

The ones that i know are still positive 100% that they’ll be in the super bowl again. The ones that I know were just crying cause they’re going to finish with more than 4 losses. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I haven't watched enough of them this season to know how they've looked. Last week they got defeated on a freak play and this week lost to a more desparate team. Yes, there is criticism about how Brady looked today. But the Pats are still only one game back from getting a bye, and even still, will get to play at Foxboro in the first round, and would find it hard to bet against them if they made it to the divisional round and had to go to Houston.

I get that the Pats fans have different standards and that this'll be the first year that they haven't won 12+ games, but some of the commentary is ridiculous. "Potential season-crippling loss?" That is irresponsibly overdramatic, IMO. 

21 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

A friend of mine who is a Pats fan texted me an article from a Boston Globe writer who proclaimed today's Pats loss as a "potential season-crippling one." Jesus...…….

We’re there actually pats fans prior to Brady?i had never met one in my life and now people I know born and raised here who suddenly got into football and loved the patriots. 

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

II get that the Pats fans have different standards and that this'll be the first year that they haven't won 12+ games, but some of the commentary is ridiculous. "Potential season-crippling loss?" That is irresponsibly overdramatic, IMO. 

Because it means they have no shot at the number 1 seed, and are in position for only the number 3 spot right now. And they're 3-5 on the road this year. So yeah, it was potentially season-crippling.

9 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I get that the Pats fans have different standards and that this'll be the first year that they haven't won 12+ games, but some of the commentary is ridiculous. "Potential season-crippling loss?" That is irresponsibly overdramatic, IMO. 

Exactly. I find it hard to feel sympathy for them given the amount of success they’ve had. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Because it means they have no shot at the number 1 seed, and are in position for only the number 3 spot right now. And they're 3-5 on the road this year. So yeah, it was potentially season-crippling.

Remember - the Pats standards are quite a bit higher than the annual skins standard of finish close to .500 and hope to get the 6th playoff spot each year.

Archived