Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

Just now, bobandweave said:

Unpopular thought...life long professional wrestling fan and still today is the best drama on TV to me period. Doesn’t matter that it’s scripted everything on Tv is scripted. Huge fan of NJPW, wish everyone that had fond memories of the 80s wrestling would check it out.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I have a good attorney friend of mine who is a HUGE pro-wrestling fan. I had to take a mega double take when I started looking over his facebook after we started working together. But, he's genuinely a fan, goes to WWE events as well as minor local pro events. Absolutely loves it all.

Me...you couldn't drag me to one.

I was a fan in my 20's with Goldberg, after that not so much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I stand by the meat thing!

You can stand by it all you want,just stand way the **** away from here. ;)

It's just about football season so imho Fantasy football is fall asleep boring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Cincinnati... Ohio? in America?

Yes, but I assumed he was talking about the Americanized Chinese food places like the cookie cutter buffets and PF Changs, not the truly authentic Chinese places.

Let me tell you though, if you ever go be prepared the Cantonese can be flaming hot, and some of their textures can be rough on an American palate. Especially the pork belly!

3 minutes ago, PCS said:

It's just about football season so imho Fantasy football is fall asleep boring. 

Fantasy Football is Dungeons and Dragons for jocks.

VERY unpopular opinion here at ES, but I can't watch a game of football on TV anymore. 3+ hours for 15 minutes of play...nope can't do it.

Just show me the highlight reel. I could literally watch EVERY game played in the span of time of a single game by watching an edit that was ONLY of the time the ball was in play.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Fantasy Football is Dungeons and Dragons for jocks.

VERY unpopular opinion here at ES, but I can't watch a game of football on TV anymore. 3+ hours for 15 minutes of play...nope can't do it.

Just show me the highlight reel. I could literally watch EVERY game played in the span of time of a single game by watching an edit that was ONLY of the time the ball was in play.

DVR the 1 o'clock game.  Putz around in a cone of sllence until 1:45 or so.  Rewind to the beginning of the game and fast forward through all the commercials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

DVR the 1 o'clock game.  Putz around in a cone of sllence until 1:45 or so.  Rewind to the beginning of the game and fast forward through all the commercials.

I do this. I find it irritating that in the broadcast they don’t replay all the plays. So much happens every second that I can’t catch it all. By recording the game I can rewind to my hearts content, fast forward commercials, best way to watch a game. But...I have learned the hard way that I can’t have my phone near me watching the games. Too many texts come in at that time to not be spoiled so no electronics including ExtremeSkins (unpopular) when the games on

• Like 2

I'll probably get dinged with the stereotyping label for this one, but "Driving while Asian" is a thing.  More specifically, driving while being an Asian woman over the age of about 35.  I've nearly been killed three times in a car, twice when I was nearly broadsided by someone running a red light more than 4-5 seconds late, one of those times when my kids were with me.  All three times...middle aged Asian woman.

In fairness, I live in an area which has a pretty high concentration of Asian individuals, so it's more likely to happen here, but after the third time, I began to think there was something to that stereotype.

The Phantom Menace was the best movie of the prequel trilogy; the subsequent movies are unredeemable. Anyone who rates Revenge of the Sith over Return of the Jedi is in desperate need of a brain.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was the best show of the 1990s.

Breaking Bad is a well-executed but ultimately unambitious TV drama. Mad Men is so mediocre it will be lucky to be mentioned in conversation in 10 years.

The Dark Knight Rises is terrible, but it was the only way for Nolan to free himself from making another superhero movie.

Dunkirk is a sublime 70 minute war movie with a terrible 30 minute civilian subplot grafted on because Nolan ran out of money.

A promotion/relegation system would improve all American team sports.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

A promotion/relegation system would improve all American team sports.

I don't think this would be unpopular.  This is riveting in the premier league towards the end of the season.  I'd like to see it in college football especially.  We generally know/accept that the Power 5 have a stranglehold on the four playoff spots.  As a Big 10 fan, I'd be perfectly fine with dumping Rutgers, Illinois, and Purdue* down for a season and welcoming the best of the other conferences up.

*I would have said Maryland but didn't want to kick them while they're down.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Game of Thrones TV Series is crap.  The acting is an awful corny style, Tyrion's accent is cringe-inducing, the costuming and set design are lame and dreary, and it somehow managed to lose all of the subtlelty and wit as well as the vibrancy of imagination of the books.  It's a terrible adaptation that somehow became a megahit.  It's not going to age well.

Another one that's just true, not really unpopular: George RR Martin ****ed his book fans over by getting lazy and rich and giving up on them because he lost his inspiration and didn't feel like grinding it out to finish what he started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I do this for all live sports.  I don't have the time nor inclination to watch commercials.  

56 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

One of my all time favorites, only rock band that got its start in the early 90s and made amazing records each of the the past three decades. American Idiot is a masterpiece anthem album much better then Tommy and just slightly under Pink Floyd the Wall. Imo of course but what damage do you think they caused?

I love them too man.  I saw them last year and they still put on an amazing show.  But I've got to say I don't love their albums after 21st century breakdown.  I like Revolution Radio, but don't really love it.

Here's an opinion that I know is going to piss at least a few people off:  Bruce Springsteen is lame.  His bloodless music is for white New Jerseyans and Long Islanders who live drab lives devoid of art and soul.

Ooh, another one:  Dave Matthews is corny and boring too.  He's for sheltered middle class young Gen Xers who grew up spoiled in the 90's.

• Like 3

There's a musical gap that I've never been able to get into.  My parents played a ton of what is considered oldies now, so I have tons of what was considered rock/pop from 1955 - 1972 in my old and current music collections.  My older sister made sure I listened to tons of 80's pop type stuff.

Disco is pretty bad, but there's another type of music rock music that to me, was mostly centered in the 70's, that I just can't get into. Bands like Pink Floyd, The Who, The Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, Val Halen, etc.  These bands are all in some sort of category I can't define, but I find them all almost completely unbearably bad.

Edited by Forehead

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Van Halen sucked ass and the fact that they're played so frequently on classic rock radio along with the likes of Led Zeppelin and Rush is a joke.

Please. That is preposterous.

• Haha 1