Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

SWFLSkins

I know everyone is chomping at the bit to point out everything wrong over and over in other threads. Which is fine and anyone's right.

But thankfully, there is this good vibes side! I think it is actually encouraging that despite their flaws, they finally got back to back wins!

Zeke run wild? Not today! Drop 40 on a good defense, like they did to Jax? Not today! No, CT, Crowder, Richardson, Dunbar (Moreau got hurt in game)? No problem!

1st place!!! 

35 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

In reality probably in the exact same spot lol...I highly doubt Allen would have shot down the idea had he been told ahead of time.

Maybe, maybe not. Snyder might have.

Say what you want about AP, he comes with some off the field baggage, and say what you want about Snyder, He might be uncomfortable with some of that.  Which would be his right.

Maybe not, they did sign Gallett after some off the field stuff.  However I’d understand if Snyder would want to be consulted on a guy okie AP. Even if he just blessed it, or if he wanted certain questions answered.

But credit the Skins in this regard, under Snyder, there haven’t been a lot of off the field player-instigated issues with this team.  It feels like less than other teams.  In fact, ST’s drunk driving is the last one that really sticks out..

Most of the drama has been on the field stuff.

in the playoff runs we've had, there has been an element of luck.  Last season, especially schedule wise, it was as unlucky as it could get.  Not only did they have a tough opponents but they seemed to face them when they were hot coupled with all their injuries.

I didn't love Jay's conservatism at the end of the game but they held on.  The column below from Boswell has some merit to it -- maybe this is the year the bounces go their way?   Heck Alex fumbles this year at times but the team recovers.  Peterson fumbled and it bounces right back to Alex.

They sign Peterson off the scrap heap and even Jay admitted they probably wouldn't have signed him if it weren't for Peterson insisting he worked out in front of them beyond the actual try out.  Peterson would have unlikely been signed if not for multiple injuries in the preseason to running backs.  Not saying though that Guice's injury was lucky -- that was obviously unlucky.  But reading articles about how Peterson isn't just a beast but is working to set an example and actively change the culture.   Wow.

then the schedule in theory looked tough before the season, now it doesn't, not a single winning team left.  That's insane.  Not to jinx them but maybe the football gods are smiling on them this season, will see.

Next week is big.  This was a huge win.  But I think there is something to what Keim said this week which was he expects them to beat Dallas and then letdown and lose to the Giants because that would be soooooo Redskins like.  To me beating the Cowboys is huge but losing to the Giants a week after -- I think would be a kick in the gut.  So lets go 2 in a row.  If they lose a game after that to Atlanta not the end of the world. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/its-too-early-to-say-this-is-the-redskins-year-but-the-signs-are-there/2018/10/21/7c99afe0-d558-11e8-a10f-b51546b10756_story.html?utm_term=.d28c79a14021

The calendar flips in sports, a new year arrives, the evil old days disappear, the memories that haunted you are temporarily washed away, and every team in every sport is entitled to ask: “Is this our year?” Then, you must go out, often in the early weeks of a fresh season, to create a sense that things have subtly changed. You’re better, luckier. Because, sometimes it really is your year.

When it’s your football season, you get the freaky bounces, the barely-known penalties, to have the close games go your way, to stay healthy, or overcome injuries. Such things seldom happen to the Washington Redskins. At least not often in the past 26 years. But it is the right of fans, and the responsibility of pro athletes, to see great hope in early-season omens.

All these types of things, including an obscure “snapper infraction” penalty, happened in favor of the Redskins in their 20-17 win Sunday evening at FedEx Field, when a 52-yard Cowboys field goal to force overtime doinked off the left upright as time expired. A stadium that had been alive all night — perhaps the noisiest in a couple of years — exploded with hometown team cheers and Dallas groans.

The feeling the Redskins have, after back-to-back, down-to-the-last-play wins, is exactly how teams feel when those special seasons — when you’re pretty good, nowhere near great, but also kind of lucky and very plucky — start to arrive.

It’s your year to have the other guy, in this case Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott, fumble the ball on his goal line for an easy gift touchdown. This time Ryan Kerrigan did the sacking and Preston Smith scooped up the easy one-yard touchdown fumble-recovery “run” for a 20-10 lead with 4:55 left.

[Adrian Peterson’s ‘presence alone’ sparks Redskins’ running game]

It’s your year to have the other team’s field goal snapper, Louis-Philippe Ladouceur, a 14-year veteran, be called for that “snap infraction” — for a minuscule movement of the ball as he prepared to snap. “I never had that [called] before. I do the exact same thing every time,” Ladouceur said in the Cowboys’ locker room.

Archived