Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

SWFLSkins

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You make your own luck.

Up 10 with under 5 minutes to play, you should win. We weren't lucky to win but it'd have been unlucky if we lost.

Agree and disagree. You got to play well to win typically so that's not luck.  But fumbles as example statistically speaking as for recovering them according to statisticians who track it is random.  Some times some years have bounces literally going their way and some don't.   As for a schedule -- ditto.  The Redskins didn't make the Giants a bad team and now its an easier game.  They didn't "create" that luck.  Ditto make Atlanta subpar after them before the season being a chic Superbowl pick, etc.

I feel like I've been pissing all over Gruden the last 24 hours or so (and I believe rightfully so for those last 6 minutes) that I haven't expressed my excitement for other areas of the team, and what was truly a great win (minus Gruden's concerted effort to blow it at the end.) 

So, here are my list of really good things I'm really excited about. Lots of good ju-ju.

- The DL is really coming around.  Payne and Allen in the middle could develop into one of the best interior pass-rushing tandems in the NFL. Good ju-ju

- Kerrigan and Smith will start to get home more as the season progresses. Good ju-ju

- The young secondary is holding together with a few predictable wobbles.  Getting Dunny back will help.  Good ju-ju

- Norman has played MUCH better after a REALLY bad game in New Orleans.   Good ju-ju

- Luavao at LG is better than Rouiller at LG and Bergstrom at C.  And when healthy, Luavao is not as bad as folks want to make him out to be. Good ju-ju.  He's not Russ Grimm. But he's ok.  The problem is he's not healthy very often.

- AP is probably a top 5 back in the NFL today.  The vision and the way he cuts, his ability to get up to top speed in 2-3 steps, it's amazing.  Good ju-ju The last back we had here who even approached his talent level was Portis. (All due respect to Almo, he doesn't come close to the talent level, though he was my favorite Redskin for a few years.)  Even @McD5 would have to admit that he's better than Ladell Betts.  (for those of you who weren't here from 2004-2009-ish to know what that last comment is all about, I'm sorry, it's something you had to experience, words, at least not my words, cold do it justice)

- (As an aside, I really do miss the posters of yore) 

- Reed is not hurt, and it's week 8. Good ju-ju (I just knocked on every piece of wood in my house, and then went outside to knock on every tree in my yard.)

- The 'Skins are not turning the ball over, and they are getting takeaways. This is a formula for success.Good ju-ju

- Alex Smith, while really playing like poop, at least typically doesn't COST you a game by making a big mistake. Good ju-ju  He might cost you a game by not making enough big plays.

- ST have been pretty ok this year so far. Pretty good ju-ju

- The schedule is nowhere near as daunting now as it was before the season.  Good ju-ju

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

3rd ranked running game, 5th ranked defense.  what a turnaround from last season.  Offense in totality ranked 24 but imagine if they can get the passing game going, too. 

They will..**** we've been with out Crowder a few weeks..which I believe makes a difference..than p rich yesterday...still no excuse for as missing sprinkle in the ez and j doc who we know can catch the ball..see last year saints/seachickens games.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That is championship stats right there!!..

11 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Haha that's how I was in the Buffalo wild wings i was at..there was a few skins fans..I was jumping and screaming like that in the video above. IT WAS AWESOME!!

This is what fans going back decades were doing instead.. of griping about individual statistics for individual players that are really.. all team stats anyway. :) 

Go Skins! 

2 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

This is what fans going back decades were doing instead.. of griping about individual statistics for individual players that are really.. all team stats anyway. :) 

Go Skins! 

Very awesome I love that... Very good call... I couldn't agree more I'm bringing it back baby...I thought I was going to get 86'd they're not used to fans like me around here though I've lived here my whole life LOL I know it sounds crazy... I jump and scream and yell as if I'm in the stadium...I'm not ridiculous or disrespectful obviously when Adrian Peterson only games 3 yards it's a small clap and maybe a fist pump no yelling..but when Kerrigan strip that ball and Preston Smith picked it up and scored I jumped and screamed and got instant flashbacks of 82... This poor lady sitting next to me had her purse on a chair next to her and I guess I jumped up and mowed over the chair and her purse went flying I was jumping and screaming yelling as loud as I could all the way back to the bathroom hooping and hollering..and then to end the game almost the same way as when Nick Novak made it in 2006 to give us the win with the Troy Vincent block... A few years ago I was here at the Blue Wave watching the Skins Eagles game the one that went back and forth I think our kicker missed a field goal Eagles won by a point or two that whole game I had all eyes on me as I was hooping and hollering..lol and I remember the bartender say to somebody he's only drinking Coke lol

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Very awesome I love that... Very good call... I couldn't agree more I'm bringing it back baby...I thought I was going to get 86'd they're not used to fans like me around here though I've lived here my whole life LOL I know it sounds crazy... I jump and scream and yell as if I'm in the stadium...I'm not ridiculous or disrespectful obviously when Adrian Peterson only games 3 yards it's a small clap and maybe a fist pump no yelling..but when Kerrigan strip that ball and Preston Smith picked it up and scored I jumped and screamed and got instant flashbacks of 82... This poor lady sitting next to me had her purse on a chair next to her and I guess I jumped up and mowed over the chair and her purse went flying I was jumping and screaming yelling as loud as I could all the way back to the bathroom hooping and hollering..and then to end the game almost the same way as when Nick Novak made it in 2006 to give us the win with the Troy Vincent block... A few years ago I was here at the Blue Wave watching the Skins Eagles game the one that went back and forth I think our kicker missed a field goal Eagles won by a point or two that whole game I had all eyes on me as I was hooping and hollering..lol and I remember the bartender say to somebody he's only drinking Coke lol

At any age, not a thing wrong with that level of emotion and passion, imho. I consider sports as our friends. They are a choice we make to complement or not complement the rest of our personal lives. Sure, they will let us down and annoy plenty, but if choosing to hang with them, enjoy what you can while you can. 

I was more like your level of watching when young, but even today, I still literally clap or fist bump the air regularly when a strong play breaks favorably. I completely understand that many games like last Sunday's can be exhausting and frustrating. Win them, and forgiveness comes next. 

I'm actually encouraged that they're winning games while the pass game gets itself together. It may never be tops in the League, but I will be surprised if the pass game doesn't improve quite a bit. In the meantime, other areas are impressing, there can be much to be excited about for the remainder of this ride.  

Archived