Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

21 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Why do you want a chronically injured slot receiver whos best year was 2 seasons ago? 

The old philosophy of keeping people around who don't give you what you want needs to go!

Find a replacement and move on.

Lol I’m just a fan, what I want doesn’t really matter much ? i personally would love if Crowder is back, because of what he did 2 years ago. If not, oh well ??‍♂️

I just think he’s not as bad as he was last year, and his progress this year has slowed down due to his injury (and the passing game in general not being that good this year). :) 

Nobody relishes the idea of going without Trent for a stretch, but let’s bright side this deal.

At this point for us, really only the division games matter.  You handle those...playoffs.  And those games kick in at Thanksgiving.

So, we’re setting the table to have Trent and CT essentially “September fresh” for the December playoff run.  That’s the luxury of being 5-2 in a soft division.  Just gottta steal a couple wins in the meantime.

4 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Trent out "about a month"? GTFO. So much for feeling good. Thought the passing game was bad before...

Gonna have to redo the playbook a bit- utilize Alex's strength, boots and options. 

where'd you get the "about a month" timeframe? gruden said in his press conference that they don't have a timeframe yet, but its week-to-week at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

where'd you get the "about a month" timeframe? gruden said in his press conference that they don't have a timeframe yet, but its week-to-week at the moment. 

UjsqjG2E_bigger.jpgDan GrazianoVerified account @DanGrazianoESPN
FollowingFollowing @DanGrazianoESPN
More

A bit more on Washington LT Trent Williams: I'm told the expectation is that he'll miss "about a month" following thumb surgery. Washington's next 4 games are vs. ATL, at TB, vs. HOU, at DAL.

My question is- as tough as Trent is, I would be shocked that a broken thumb would sideline him a month. Seems that a hard cast would do the trick? 

2 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

More

A bit more on Washington LT Trent Williams: I'm told the expectation is that he'll miss "about a month" following thumb surgery. Washington's next 4 games are vs. ATL, at TB, vs. HOU, at DAL.

My question is- as tough as Trent is, I would be shocked that a broken thumb would sideline him a month. Seems that a hard cast would do the trick? 

well...****. I mean, I guess "about a month" could mean he could be back in 2 weeks, could be back against the bucs, could even be back thanksgiving against dallas. 

although the thing that matters most is that he's healthy enough for the stretch of games in December. MNF in philly would be a perfect time to have him back and healthy. that could be a huge game that will decide who wins the division. 

16 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Dislocated thumb, not broken.  And with him needing surgery, that means he probably tore ligaments and had other damage they need to fix and post surgery is much different than a broken thumb.  Also, you could be right that it is broken too and I just missed it, but when you dislocate you can also break.

If the Redskins can go 4-2(or better) vs. NFC East opponents, they most likely are winning the division.  The next 4 games feature only a single division opponent and it happens to be at the very end of the 4 weeks, Dallas on Thanksgiving.  

I am seriously doubting this injury keeps Trent out more than a couple of games, but as long as he is back for Dallas on Thanksgiving, I think the team can re-group and weather the storm as long as the defense keeps up their stellar play.

50 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

More

Oh WTF! Well that changes things a bit. Vic Beasley just got a whole lot scarier.

20 minutes ago, -JB- said:

At this point we must accept that Chris Thompson will never be fully healthy.  

Well, his injury this year was for the most part on Gruden for even having Thompson out there for a meaningless 2 point conversion try against the saints. Gruden should be in jail for such assault. If we don’t throw a meaningless pass at him with guys all around him, in a game we had already lost, his ribs would be fine right now. 

That TW injury hurts.  Nsekhe has done well replacing him before, so I hope he is ready.  And let's pray for his and Moses health, bc Christian in the game scares me.

It's a bummer about CT and JC missing the ATL game, but if they are not close to 100%, I agree with the decision to sit them.   As someone mentioned, having these guys healthy for the stretch run vs division opponents while essentially shortening their season is a good thing.  

We need to take 2 out of next 3, or else we run the risk of being 6-4 at best going into Dallas on Turkey day where we've rarely had success.  And at that point, any advantage we had in the division is flushed down the toilet.  

I might get killed for this but Trent was inconsistent and not having his best season this year, don't get me wrong I want him out there and Ty has scared the death out of me based on his play on the right side but go back and watch the film from when he came in last week.

He played well, the good thing is the next 2 games are against meh defenses, the Bucs have JPP who is ballin but for the most part, the Falcons and Bucs are 2 of the weakest defenses we will play all year.

48 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Here's my fear: Our backup swing tackle is now Geron Christian, ready or not.  Hmmm.

39 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

That TW injury hurts.  Nsekhe has done well replacing him before, so I hope he is ready.  And let's pray for his and Moses health, bc Christian in the game scares me.

I think he's a better option than what he had in there during last year's injury bug - TJ Clemmings.

Which is exactly why we spent a 3rd round pick on him. Credit the FO for spending a relatively

high pick for a backup, which in this particular position was needed.

And not many teams have better options as a 3rd string LT anyway, IMO

Yes, I can't see this thumb injury keeping Williams out a month.

Trent is tough as nails. He's probably throwing a fit now about not being allowed to play.

I have no worries about Ty. He is an excellent back-up left tackle. I can think of several offensive lines (giants) where he would start over pretty much everyone playing on that line now.

Not so much worried about missing Trent because of Nsekhe. Definitely worried about CT, we need him in high scoring affairs when we are forced to pass the ball, such as potentially this week against Atlanta. Hopefully Bibbs can be that security blanket for Alex. 

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

****. Trent had surgery on his thumb and it’s a week to week injury....Gruden says he’s out for Sundays game. And Crowder and Thompson also out. UGHHHHHHH. 

I mean I'm barely worried in the least, Ty's been fantastic filling in for him in the past..And its probably his previous efforts that afford Gruden the luxury of benching Trent to heal. Maybe if this was the playoffs Trent plays, but in week 9 Ty's proven his worth and Jay can think long term..

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, his injury this year was for the most part on Gruden for even having Thompson out there for a meaningless 2 point conversion try against the saints. Gruden should be in jail for such assault. If we don’t throw a meaningless pass at him with guys all around him, in a game we had already lost, his ribs would be fine right now. 

Doesn’t help that Alex Smith left him out to dry, on that pass...

Archived