Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox6: Trump Remarks At Foxconn Groundbreaking

Veryoldschool

3 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

You're all insincere since you would be calling Obama and a -----crat governor geniuses if they had shown any interest in attracting foreign investment to generate jobs for Americans.  

Yeah, he only created 17 million +

I guess that’s not satisfacotry.

10 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I'm wondering if building this plant made sense in order for FoxConn to get around tariffs.    

Maybe the Canadian steel firms will do the same thing, buy US Steels plants so they wouldn't be shipping steel to the US

Of course you have to consider the retaliatory tariffs and look at the net impact, is the number of jobs US workers are gaining greater than the number they are losing by following a protectionist model?

Hopefully, the jobs gained would be in Red States and the jobs lost would be in Blue States so I wouldn't care....:-)

Our national leaders have taken our economic strength for granted for generations and the heartland got hallowed out as a result.  Finally, we have a leader that is putting our country first and is going to insist on beneficial trade and as a result, Trump and his party is going to be in power for at least another term.

2 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I'm wondering if building this plant made sense in order for FoxConn to get around tariffs.    

Maybe the Canadian steel firms will do the same thing, buy US Steels plants so they wouldn't be shipping steel to the US

Of course you have to consider the retaliatory tariffs and look at the net impact, is the number of jobs US workers are gaining greater than the number they are losing by following a protectionist model?

They basically took a massive payoff about a year ago from the state to open the plant there.

38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is this the plant that is expected to take at least 25 years for the government to get its investment back?

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/28/technology/foxconn-wisconsin-plant/index.html

How is Harley Davidson, one of if not the most iconic American brands, enjoying this new economic nationalism?

@Veryoldschool. Still waiting for an answer......

Edit:  I'm waiting for him to call me a liberal.  ?

2 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Hopefully, the jobs gained would be in Red States and the jobs lost would be in Blue States so I wouldn't care....:-)

Our national leaders have taken our economic strength for granted for generations and the heartland got hallowed out as a result.  Finally, we have a leader that is putting our country first and is going to insist on beneficial trade and as a result, Trump and his party his going to be in power for at least another term.

How old are you, buddy? I'm just curious. 

#MAGASUPERTRUMP

2 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Boy, I know Obama bloated the federal government but I had no idea it was that bad, oh well Trump will clean up the mess!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/15/obamas-claim-that-businesses-are-in-the-longest-uninterrupted-stretch-of-job-creation/?noredirect=on

Obama oversaw the longest uninterrupted streak of private sector job creation in US history. 

Just now, Veryoldschool said:

Well, imagine how much you will learn over the next 30 years....

No no no. Many in your age group want the country to regress to what it used to be. I'm sorry to tell you that's not going to happen no matter how much people like you and your fearless leader want it to happen :)

21 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

What if, instead of the billions the govt is giving Foxconn for this plant, they invested that same money in education and training to start bringing up a new generation of technology workers to fill those jobs that tech companies import Indians for now? 

These jobs would pay a lot better than the factory jobs and reduce the need for foreign labor. MAGA?

the 'costs' are largely tax exemptions,infrastructure ect that would not be govt 'income' w/o the corp moving there in most cases

that 'money' doesn't really exist to invest, though some give unused land or such

haven't looked at this deal, but these type deals are not normal accounting.

15 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Our national leaders have taken our economic strength for granted for generations and the heartland got hallowed out as a result.  Finally, we have a leader that is putting our country first and is going to insist on beneficial trade and as a result, Trump and his party is going to be in power for at least another term.

Do you think he'll also take steps to *squints* let the racial mix of the country change?

16 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Those retaliatory tariffs are likely to hit our agriculture exports which are generally red states 

Archived