Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox6: Trump Remarks At Foxconn Groundbreaking

Veryoldschool

Just now, mistertim said:

Lol wut?

That's so hilariously stupid but at the same time sad because you KNOW Trump will do the same thing but with congressional Dems and his mouth breathing followers will swallow it whole.

This is nothing. In less than 5 years, the GOP will blame Trump and all of his awful decisions on Democrats. 

There is a reason the well educated centers of America have abandoned the GOP. Anyone with a functioning brain can see that the GOP is nothing more than a fraternity of corrupt, shameless men.

19 hours ago, Yohan said:

Though, I was never fully on board with the Foxconn deal, and have doubts about the jobs numbers. I am hearing rumblings that Rueters has done a piss poor job of investigating this and that there is a lot more to the story, then what is there...clicks I guess.

So the Reuters story has been heavily updated since its original source story. It now mentions that Foxconn still plans on hiring 13000 as intended (I have doubts on what this means, as it probably includes the construction jobs to build this) and Foxconn still plans on their $10Billion investment in WI. This was information available yesterday, but somehow left off. The story also fails to note that the first phase is still happening (underway) a $300 Million investment, plus $100 Million to the UW system. The story also fails to note that the Tax Credit or Incentive for Foxconn is based on meeting hiring requirements, which Foxconn failed to meet in 2018 (they were supposed to hire 260, but only hired 178.)

My point is, if you are given a set of facts, you should probably include all of them, not pick and choose.

So if my math is correct. The 4.5 billion Foxxconn received in breaks and gifts basically equates to $346,153.85 per worker. How is the state ever going to recoup that? They're never going to collect that in taxes, ever! When the company is due to pay the required taxes at normal levels, they'll look somewhere else for a new home. Has anyone seen the percentage of taxes they'll pay in profits? I haven't. 

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

So if my math is correct. The 4.5 billion Foxxconn received in breaks and gifts basically equates to $346,153.85 per worker. How is the state ever going to recoup that? They're never going to collect that in taxes, ever! When the company is due to pay the required taxes at normal levels, they'll look somewhere else for a new home. Has anyone seen the percentage of taxes they'll pay in profits? I haven't. 

Foxconn hasn't received 4.5 billion in breaks and gifts. Foxconn has to meet certain hiring thresholds and building investments to do so. Foxconn missed their 2018 hiring threshold, and didn't receive the incentive.  (It sad to see the nice chunk of farmland and wooded area is a giant mud hole now.)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Ugh........ even reading about this Foxconn swindle from a distance makes my head ache. You got CONNED Wisconsin, you got played HARD! And as bad as that is the sheer delusional bull**** following the con generates zero sympathy from me. You got sold an empty bag and you are STILL wandering around imagining what is in the bag, what was in the bag, what a helluva bag it is and how everyone is going to be jealous when they see what a great bag you have. Scott Walker touches himself when he sees your tears.

This dismal year has left my ability to sympathize prostrate, seeing these rubes twisting in the wind just makes me say, "Hey, nice hat you got there!"..................."dumbass"

That Verge article is incredible. Wisconsin GOP saw jobs/ an advertising campaign at any cost and FoxConn saw dollar signs without a close to solvent business plan. 

Both parties were incredibly stupid. They may as well have built the escalator to nowhere from The Simpsons. 

Season 4 Escalator To Nowhere GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• 5 months later...

Archived