Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

They rightfully should... can you imagine the head explosions on fox news if they actually take away a trump justice (in addition to expanding).

Can we first impeach the ****er named Alito?  Just because he sucks ass.  Major partisan hack.

Democrats need to start  impeaching for no reason.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

This is the damn truth.

They need to pack everything.  That's how I feel right now.

BTW, it is pretty pathetic that the majority of Americans wanted ACB confirmed.  I heard 30% democrats wanted her confirmed. Wth is wrong with them?

The supreme court needs to have bad approval rating.  They seem to be way avove 50%.  

I would have been less infuriated if it didn't come after the Merrick Garland incident and the "We won't confirm a justice in the election year.  Hold the tape." incident.

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Can we first impeach the ****er named Alito?  Just because he sucks ass.  Major partisan hack.

That's a good way to lose the moderates and independents.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

who's giving up? i already voted for biden. but we definitely need more progressive options than what the democratic party has been offering up for decades, if they take this election and do nothing with it

42 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

if they don't add seats after this bull****, i'm done with the democratic party after this election

That sounds like giving up, if you don't get that preferred scenario. It may not happen, but the Democratic party is the only way out/forward. 

I'm really curious as to all the sudden frustration,  like we didn't already know this was gonna happen the moment RBG died. 

This stuff just isn't gonna work. It didn't work in 2016 and it wont work going forward. You would only be hurting yourself and the people you care about

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

this is a more calm, intelligent way of saying what i was just trying to convey.

This is much different than, if the Democrats don’t fix the mess the GOP created, then I am done with the Democrats. 

After 4 years of Trump and how the GOP conducted itself from Garland to Barrett, adding 2 seats to the court doesn’t even seem like it would be all that politically popular, but my point is the GOP’s fault and they should get 100% of the blame regardless of what Biden and a blue Congress (hopefully) do. I very much hope that I get to use the phrase “elections have consequences” like a million times in the near future when the Dems do something bold.

4 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Alito is 70 so he’ll be gone soon anyways. We want to start and the young end and work our way up. 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

That sounds like giving up, if you don't get that preferred scenario. It may not happen, but the Democratic party is the only way out/forward. 

I'm really curious as to all the sudden frustration,  like we didn't already know this was gonna happen the moment RBG died. 

This stuff just isn't gonna work. It didn't work in 2016 and it wont work going forward. You would only be hurting yourself and the people you care about

democrats winning this election, then doing nothing to make the government more representative of the people after, is "hurting myself and people i care about" too. im not saying i wouldnt vote, or would vote for republicans instead in the future. i probably worded it wrong in my frustration, but my point is i'll push harder for progressives to primary out establishment democrats in the future if they decide to do nothing (again) this time

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean, if you're too in your feelings to do it for yourself,  at least do it for the people now and in the future who will be hurt further if people like you just give up.

Good lord

I didn't give up, the DNC has given up on doing anything worthwhile while in power. If I have to see Chuck Schumer's worthless face, crying to the American people about how unfair the GOP is to him and the DNC, I'm going to puke. I'm sick of voting for weak candidates who talk a big game to get elected and are then completely complacent with getting tossed around by the GOP. They even fold to the GOP when they aren't even in power, why? To maintain some false sense of decorum that the GOP tosses out the window as soon as they can. Continuing to vote for the Democratic party as it is, is a waste of time and energy for the present and posterity.

I vote, I've protested, I've donated money. Short of running for office myself, I would expect the people that I've voted for and given money to to actually do their jobs and fight for my best interests at some point. I'm sick of them half assing it, losing and then high fiving each other for another "moral victory". Time to put some points on the scoreboard or I'm leaving the stands.

• Thanks 2

I'm more saddened to see so many throwing their hands up in their air and giving up hope over this than I am the confirmation itself. It's been an inevitability for a month.

Time to do our part to take the senate and executive branches back. That's always been the important play.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm more saddened to see so many throwing their hands up in their air and giving up hope over this than I am the confirmation itself. It's been an inevitability for a month.

Time to do our part to take the senate and executive branches back. That's always been the important play.

I haven't seen anyone give up. If anything, Ive seen more people talk about how important this election is now. If Dems don't win the senate, everything we're talking about is moot

• Like 1

No, I don't support the "burn it all down" proposals I'm seeing in this thread. 

Yes, I am seriously depressed about this. But this is what happens when you allow Donald ****ing Trump to become POTUS. 

Don't like it?  Should have got off your butt and voted, 4 years ago. And this year. And two years from now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

I haven't seen anyone give up. If anything, Ive seen more people talk about how important this election is now. If Dems don't win the senate, everything we're talking about is moot

With the supreme court rigging the election, how do we know Biden will even win?  

We all know what happens now.  The Supreme Court will get to work trying to nullify votes anywhere they can attempt to make the weakest argument possible to do so.  At least that is what Trump will be demanding.  Roberts being a wild card on non-corporate-money related cases doesn't even matter anymore considering even when he sides with the libs, it will be 5-4 defeats across the board.  

All we can hope for now is that Biden wins and along with the retaining the house and by some miracle flipping the Senate, they get to work fixing the actual system. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

With the supreme court rigging the election, how do we know Biden will even win?  

Make the results so lopsided that nothing can be done to cook the numbers. A landslide is more necessary than ever before.

• Like 1

One thing I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing, over the next few decades?  

The same people who have spent 40 years teaching morons that they can tell whether information is true or not simply based on whether it helps your political team, have been teaching the same people that Republicans can exempt themselves from any law they feel like, simply by falsely claiming that their religion says they can. 

Expect that principal to be firmly embedded precedent, in 20 years. 

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

One thing I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing, over the next few decades?  

The same people who have spent 40 years teaching morons that they can tell whether information is true or not simply based on whether it helps your political team, have been teaching the same people that Republicans can exempt themselves from any law they feel like, simply by falsely claiming that their religion says they can. 

Expect that principal to be firmly embedded precedent, in 20 years. 

See: Hobby Lobby

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

What was the population of the nation the last time the SCOTUS number was changed in 1870? 

Add that many justices to the SCOTUS to match that proportion. 

My quick math, we should be looking at 51 justices. A Democratic Congress should have that bill ready sign on January 20th. 

The start should be an addition of 4 to bring the total to 13. But that's just a start.