Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Who?  Judge?  He should testify under oath.  Are there ANY potential witnesses to the alleged incidents to corroborate the accusations?  Everyone who has talked has said they didnt happen or they cant remember them happening.

Dude, haven't you said we should wait & see what happens? 

Please take your own advice & give this argument a rest, we'll know more when we know more. (I sounded like Yogi, didn't I? )?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This just amounts to a rush job for one single purpose, so that everyone that already intends to vote for Kavanaugh regardless, will have the "well gee, it is he said-she said speculation" cover.  That is why they don't want additional witnesses they don't want there to be a legitimate chance for witnesses to corroborate and/or a guy like Judge to screw it up with the closet full of skeletons he'd potentially drop during testimony.

Add to it, that an investigation that leaves us where we are now (he said/she said) will not make things better for the GOP. No one on the left will believe anything short of absolutely proof he didn't do it, and some still won't believe it, and even then it will not change the support for his nomination from the left.

There's no win here for the GOP. It was hard to find a win from the start, but the way they've played it they've assured themselves there is no win. The best they can do is try another candidate, or vote him through now to get their SCOTUS seat they want and accept the fall out.

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Dude, haven't you said we should wait & see what happens? 

Please take your own advice & give this argument a rest, we'll know more when we know more. (I sounded like Yogi, didn't I? )?

I still feel that way.  But it's a long way til Thursday.  No reason not to argue about it until then.  

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

There's no win here for the GOP. It was hard to find a win from the start, but the way they've played it they've assured themselves there is no win. The best they can do is try another candidate, or vote him through now to get their SCOTUS seat they want and accept the fall out.

I'd suggest hearing and looking into the allegations.......which they are doing.

I'd also look into why allegations were not brought forward before now.

assuming Kav wishes to put up with the circus :kickcan:

20 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Does anyone actually think Trump cares about Roe v. Wade?  Other then how it could benefit/hurt him specifically.  While I disagree with them, there are people who sincerely want it overturned for reasons they have stated. I don't think Trump really cares. He's a phony.

This is what I don't understand. Trump is about as conservative as Obama. I don't know how self proclaimed conservatives can support him...

I forgot that there was some stuff in the New Yorker article about Judge from a girlfriend of his that seems to match some of what Avenatti has claimed happened.  There was also some interesting stuff from a roomie of Kavs.  Both seem to go to the drunken partying lifestyle they had that contradicts a lot of the character stuff Trump, Kav, and his defenders have been putting out about what a saint he was/is.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

This is what I don't understand. Trump is about as conservative as Obama. I don't know how self proclaimed conservatives can support him...

Hasn't he said multiple times in the past that he does think that women should have the right to decide? I thought I remember seeing him say that some place. Dunno. But I do know that everyone using him to their advantage understands at this point that they are just using him to push through the ideas they think should be in place. Hes a necessary evil to them by now im sure. 

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

He's been adopted as their useful idiot. He is providing them cover to get policies passed that they never could.  Trump's phony populism is a big reason for it. What are Trump's two major policy achievements so far? The Tax Cuts &......Kavanaugh?  Two things that are not popular with the actual people, but two things the GOP want/wanted very badly to happen.

Getting Kavanaugh confirmed has little to do with Trump, it is a long-game play.   The GOP is banking on his nomination going down as a Trump thing, not a GOP thing 10 years from now.  With the short term memory of most voters, they will have long forgotten the conditions Kavanaugh was nominated under and just look at it as "that thing that crazy Trump guy did"

Everything the GOP has been doing lately seems to be setting up the future of this country as a place where a small minority of conservative men are in charge of the laws and enforcement and the will of the people be damned. 

Well Kavanaugh has more accusers coming out now. Like others have suggested on here, these things (allegedly) tend to be pattern behavior not a "one time silly mistake" especially when it comes to privileged elite who think/know they can get away with it.

So that makes what now, a total of 4 women just blatantly lying?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Does anyone actually think Trump cares about Roe v. Wade?  Other then how it could benefit/hurt him specifically.  While I disagree with them, there are people who sincerely want it overturned for reasons they have stated. I don't think Trump really cares. He's a phony.

Here's a passage from Woodward's book, as Trump is preparing to run.

“You’ve got some problems on issues,” Bossie said.
“I don’t have any problems on issues,” Trump said.
“What are you talking about?” “First off, there’s never been a guy win a Republican primary that’s not pro-life,” Bossie said. “And unfortunately, you’re very pro-choice.”
“What does that mean?”
“You have a record of giving to the abortion guys, the pro-choice candidates. You’ve made statements. You’ve got to be pro-life, against abortion.”
“I’m against abortion,” Trump said. “I’m pro-life.”
“Well, you’ve got a track record.”
“That can be fixed,” Trump said. “You just tell me how to fix that. I’m—what do you call it? Pro-life. I’m pro-life, I’m telling you.”

On this issue, as with any number of other issues, Trump has no guiding principle other than how it affects Donald Trump.
Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2