Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

22 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

This is disastrous, because even if the country "swings left" over the next twenty years as one would assume is going to happen, the Supreme Court with 5 and possibly 6 young hardcore Heritage Foundation zealots slowly returning us to a 1920s view of the Constitution.

Donald Freaking Trump seriously has a chance to set policy for this country for the next 40 years, and I don't think he's ever read a book. God be merciful.

Which was predicted 2 years ago.

But Trump isn't really setting policy. Whoever happens to be near him when he's making a decision is.

The 2016 election was not a good one for the dems to lose. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, bearrock said:

But the key is that the fetus did not create or provoke the danger, which is the cornerstone of self defense.  

What if the very fact of your rapist's child's existence causes just too much suffering?

Even if the continued attack theory is viable, is a person's mental anguish sufficient justification for murder of another person?  

The cornerstone is that a real danger to self exists

That is why I could consider it justifiable before birth, after no.

I would say no personally, but I'm open to that my opinion shouldn't rule since there was no consent.

9 minutes ago, twa said:

I would say no personally, but I'm open to that my opinion shouldn't rule since there was no consent.

Can't you do this in another thread that we all can ignore because you started it?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

This is one of the things I dont understand, If something like Roe vs Wade has stood the test of time, through both Conservative and liberal SCOTUS how can it be subject to be overturned at the whim of a new set of justices?  Seems to to have already been decided?

Cause the justices that are now being selected are farther right than before. They just overturned a 40 year precedent today.

20 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Justice Kennedy can rot in hell for all I care.

He KNOWS what kind of troll Trump will nominate.

Dems better show the hell up in November and if anyone is thinking about protest voting......grrrrrrrr

The man is 81 and has served honorably (and obstinately) for 30 years.  Trump didn't nominate a troll the first time, there is hope he will nominate a moderate.

I said hope visionary. Might not be much hope.  My main point is that Kennedy should not be derided for retiring...

Edited by Popeman38
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

The man is 81 and has served honorably (and obstinately) for 30 years.  Trump didn't nominate a troll the first time, there is hope he will nominate a moderate.

That's hilarious, Trump nominated someone further Right than Scalia and you expect me to believe he's going Moderate.

If that's the type of hope that keeps you warm at night then you're going to get frostbit.

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I think there is a possibility to this as with the mid-terms looming there may be pressure for some rep's to not want a radical nominated just before voters show up at the polls.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Kennedy, depending on when he retires may well eliminate a swing vote from the bench for an entire generation.

If he EVER considered himself a moderate on the bench, then that all dies now.

Effective July 31st.

5 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I said hope visionary. Might not be much hope.  My main point is that Kennedy should not be derided for retiring...

I do feel like we should cut Kennedy some slack at his age though.  so I sort of agree with the first part of your post.

48 minutes ago, twa said:

In an attempt to stop going off topic too much in this thread, I will just say I disagree with your positions as I am sure you disagree with mine.

• Like 1

Just now, dcdiscokid said:

I think there is a possibility to this as with the mid-terms looming there may be pressure for some rep's to not want a radical nominated just before voters show up at the polls.

Bull, Trump will nominate who Trump wants and it will not be a moderate. McConnell will see this as a parting act from his Senate Majority Leader position.

We are so screwed. 

I swear my blood is boiling right now, all of those people who stayed home, all of the protest voters, all of the people too stupid to see what Trump is and now he gets to set the bench for a generation.