Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

.@SenWhitehouse: "I don't believe 'Boof' is flatulence, I don't believe 'the Devil's Triangle' is a drinking game, and I don't believe calling yourself a girl's alumnus is being her friend."

Well duh....but why weren't the definition of these terms challenged yesterday when Kavanaugh was under oath?  Unless the Senator hadn't researched at the time, but really....another case of too little too late on a very easy case of Kavanaugh committing perjury. 

36 minutes ago, visionary said:

Aren't Collins and Murkowski sick of getting duped by now? It feels like EVERY TIME they apparently have concerns and are somehow assuaged and then it turns out later that they were.....GASP......lied to and what they were promised in return for their votes was bull**** and never came to fruition. 

Edited by mistertim

Just now, mistertim said:

Aren't Collins and Murkowski sick of getting duped by now? EVERY TIME they apparently have concerns and are somehow assuaged and then it turns out later that they were.....GASP......lied to and what they were promised in return for their votes was bull**** and never came to fruition. 

Maybe it means pay them off?

I would be okay with a yes vote if a full and thorough FBI investigation does not come up with any other corroboration.  I would even be okay with a two track approach where we soft vet Barrett and Hardiman (or whoever) while the investigation is done so that GOP can seat their chosen justice before next January.  But to have an allegation of this magnitude against a Supreme Court nominee by a witness this credible go by without an FBI background investigation specifically into those allegations is a great travesty for the Republic.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Delaying the vote seems like the best thing to do. It doesnt stop Kavanaugh from getting confirmed.  Especially if the Republicans think this whole thing is nonsense.

Thing is, the Rs want to ram this through. They've shown that they don't WANT an investigation.

But if Flake and others force their hand they may have no choice. They'll just have to try and obstruct any investigation to the best of their ability.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

All this wouldn't be happening if they didnt known what they were doing was dishonest. 

THANK YOU. There wouldn't be the hand wringing if they didn't know fully damn well that they were doing a really bad thing.

Edited by mistertim

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I would be okay with a yes vote if a full and thorough FBI investigation does not come up with any other corroboration.  I would even be okay with a two track approach where we soft vet Barrett and Hardiman (or whoever) while the investigation is done so that GOP can seat their chosen justice before next January.  But to have an allegation of this magnitude against a Supreme Court nominee by a witness this credible go by without an FBI background investigation specifically into those allegations is a great travesty for the Republic.

FBI investigation or not, he’s just been too untruthful for me and his behavior was unacceptable.  If they want to put in another right-wing judge they can.

• Like 5

Just now, visionary said:

FBI investigation or not, he’s just been too untruthful for me and his behavior was unacceptable.  If they want to put in another right-wing judge they can.

I can certainly respect that view.  I may be closer to that view too.  But I view an FBI investigation as a bare minimum.

58 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I do.  Abortion is murder.

Dan T.  You need to correct yourself.  I never said anything about Senator Blumenthal.  But since you brought him up, I will say that it is very ironic to hear Blumenthal question someone’s integrity.  Remember he claimed to have served in the military in Vietnam but never did and got caught.

58 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Honestly, who wants to live in a state where abortion is illegal?  Expect people migrating out of those states.  If you look at West Virginia, do they even have net immigration?    The other thing is, companies can put pressure on the state government to do the right thing (like in North Carolina where they passed the transgender law).  It's not over even if Roe v Wade gets overturned.  

40 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Just to clean up a weird question from B&G yesterday about whether Senator Blumenthal is gay, based on B&G's observation that he appears to have had some kind of cosmetic surgery, Senator Richard Blumenthal has been married since 1982, and he and his wife and have four children together.

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

That's what I dont understand.  They could just pick somebody else just as right wing as Kavanaugh, just without all the drama.  I guess they think they dont have the time.

55 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well duh....but why weren't the definition of these terms challenged yesterday when Kavanaugh was under oath?  Unless the Senator hadn't researched at the time, but really....another case of too little too late on a very easy case of Kavanaugh committing perjury. 

This is why investigations aren't conducted in an afternoon. 

• Like 3