Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

N.Y. Attorney General May Sue Trump After Rejecting Settlement Offer

The New York attorney general’s office has rebuffed an offer from Donald J. Trump’s lawyers to settle a contentious civil investigation into the former president and his family real estate business, setting the stage for a lawsuit that would accuse Mr. Trump of fraud, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.

The attorney general, Letitia James, is also considering suing at least one of Mr. Trump’s adult children, the people said. Ivanka, Eric and Donald Trump Jr., have all been senior executives at Mr. Trump’s company, the Trump Organization.

The likelihood of a lawsuit grew this month after Ms. James’s office rejected at least one settlement offer from Mr. Trump’s lawyers, the people said. While the Trump Organization for months has made overtures to the attorney general’s office — and the two sides could still reach a deal  — there is no indication that a settlement will materialize anytime soon.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

On 9/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, China said:

Not sure where to put this:

House Oversight Committee reaches deal with Trump over financial records

The House Oversight Committee has reached a deal with former President Donald Trump to end litigation over Trump's financial records, according to a filing obtained by CNN.

In a press release following the filing, the committee claims this deal means that the former President's accounting firm, Mazars, will turn over Trump's financial records, but the filing does not specify the terms of the settlement.

The committee first subpoenaed Trump's financial records in April 2019, which set off a long battle over the documents.

"After numerous court victories, I am pleased that my Committee has now reached an agreement to obtain key financial documents that former President Trump fought for years to hide from Congress" House Oversight Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney said in the release.

"After facing years of delay tactics, the Committee has now reached an agreement with the former President and his accounting firm, Mazars USA, to obtain critical documents. These documents will inform the Committee's efforts to get to the bottom of former President Trump's egregious conduct and ensure that future presidents do not abuse their position of power for personal gain" Maloney added.

Trump’s Former Accounting Firm Turns Over Documents to Congress

After a yearslong legal fight, the House Oversight Committee has received a first trove of documents from the firm, which recently entered into a legal settlement agreeing to produce a range of financial documents from several years before Mr. Trump took office and during his early presidency. Mazars said in February it could no longer stand behind a decade of annual financial statements it had prepared for the Trump Organization.

More tranches of documents are expected to follow.

“They have sent us a number of documents,” Representative Carolyn B. Maloney, Democrat of New York and chairwoman of the committee, said in an interview Saturday. “We’re reviewing them.”

Ms. Maloney declined to say exactly what documents the panel had received so far, but she said that “Mazars is being very cooperative.”

“We are the only committee that has gotten financial documents,” she added.

The documents Mazars is providing Congress concern Mr. Trump’s financial dealings from 2014 to 2018. He took office in 2017 after a career in real estate and other businesses.

The Oversight Committee has been in a lengthy struggle to obtain financial documents from Mr. Trump as part of its investigation into allegations of conflicts of interest, inadequate financial disclosures and violations of the emoluments clauses of the Constitution, which bar the president from receiving profits from a domestic or foreign government other than his official compensation.

Edited by China
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Didn’t Trump and co all plead the 5th on everything laid out here? 

Weiselburg did cooperate to some degree.  But I believe pretty much everyone else did.

Seems odd the way she is reading the names of everyone who helped out.  She has to know they will become targets.  Maybe they are setting a trap?

Edited by The Almighty Buzz
Spacing

26 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is this another one of those "WE REALLY GOT HIM THIS TIME!!!!!" moments?

Yeah, I'll pass.  Wake me up when he's actually behind bars.  

Thought the same. Though, I kind of hope the Daughter flips on him and her dumb add brothers. Or, he leaves the country under the guise of nothing weird, but he is scared to come back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Thought the same. Though, I kind of hope the Daughter flips on him and her dumb add brothers. Or, he leaves the country under the guise of nothing weird, but he is scared to come back.

I still wonder if it was her and/or Jared who gave the FBI info about where the stolen top secret documents were in Mar-a-Lago. Apparently very few people knew the specific location of those documents.

33 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think folks need to go on his social media and accuse his wife. 

Not his wife. It was Barron. No one suspects a teen.

I would love for all stress from the various investigations/ lawsuits to kill him.

Trump is at a rally whining about everything. He gets real animated and then clutches his heart and drops dead.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1