Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

I think "E J Carroll Tower" is an amusing mental image.  

Although if I were betting, my money would be that it's under water, and she'd be an idiot to take it.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think "E J Carroll Tower" is an amusing mental image.  

Although if I were betting, my money would be that it's under water, and she'd be an idiot to take it.  

Well, he did con Chubb to put up the money for the E Jean Carroll suit and I think he put up his own money for the other one of hers, so they're taken care of and she's getting her money when he loses his appeals. 

This is for the State of New York civil trial. 

Geez, there's so many civil and criminal trials it's confusing!

High debt and financial problems make one subject to denial of security clearance.  How can we have a president who cares nothing for our country's classified information?

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Well, he did con Chubb to put up the money for the E Jean Carroll suit and I think he put up his own money for the other one of hers, so they're taken care of and she's getting her money when he loses his appeals. 

Actually, I think I've read/heard?  That the money hasn't actually been paid, it's been insured.  

And supposedly, if Trump loses, then he has 30 days to pay it.  

And if he doesn't, then Chubb has another 30 days to pay.  

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

High debt and financial problems make one subject to denial of security clearance.  How can we have a president who cares nothing for our country's classified information?

But, 

But, 

But, 

Biden's garage!  And the only reason he's not in jail is dementia.  The (guy who isn't qualified to make that diagnosis, but who is qualified to decide whether a crime should be prosecuted) said so!  

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Actually, I think I've read/heard?  That the money hasn't actually been paid, it's been insured.  

And supposedly, if Trump loses, then he has 30 days to pay it.  

And if he doesn't, then Chubb has another 30 days to pay.  

But, 

But, 

But, 

Biden's garage!  And the only reason he's not in jail is dementia.  The (guy who isn't qualified to make that diagnosis, but who is qualified to decide whether a crime should be prosecuted) said so!  

Actually, the negotiated time was 15 days for Trump and 15 days for Chubb. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hmmmmm.

It needs to be a new Boeing to fall from the sky. But he can't afford another Boeing.  Unless Boeing endorses him and lends him one. 

We should start a go fund me for a 737 for him

Let me get this straight, he is having trouble using his property assets as collateral for a bond.  These are the same assets he was just convicted of lying about their value which is why he has to post the bond.  If you were to want to accept them as collateral, how would you value them?  I would not recommend taking his word for their value.  

OTOH, when I got into investing, it was right as GE stocks took a nose dive.  They took a nose dive because the stock market didn't know how to value their loans and thus valued them at 0.  I didn't know what they were actually worth, but I knew it wasn't 0.  I feel the same mistake is being made to disparage Trump.  I wouldn't trust him for fair value, but I am surprised he can't find anyone to use them as collateral.  Somebody should give him a deal where if he pays it back or wins the case he can have his money and his stuff.  

9 minutes ago, gbear said:

Let me get this straight, he is having trouble using his property assets as collateral for a bond.  These are the same assets he was just convicted of lying about their value which is why he has to post the bond.  If you were to want to accept them as collateral, how would you value them?  I would not recommend taking his word for their value.  

OTOH, when I got into investing, it was right as GE stocks took a nose dive.  They took a nose dive because the stock market didn't know how to value their loans and thus valued them at 0.  I didn't know what they were actually worth, but I knew it wasn't 0.  I feel the same mistake is being made to disparage Trump.  I wouldn't trust him for fair value, but I am surprised he can't find anyone to use them as collateral.  Somebody should give him a deal where if he pays it back or wins the case he can have his money and his stuff.  

- If you're a bank, why would you give a half a billion dollar loan to anyone who was recently found guilty of committing fraud when getting bank loans?

- The Trump "brand"--which the tangarine toehead kept saying is worth far, far more than the real estate holdings--has taken a tremendous nosedive.

- He's publicly stating that he doesn't have anywhere close to the money he needs and would have to have a fire sale on the properties he owns just to get the money...he's further tanking their value, because any bank or company that uses his real estate holdings as collateral would absolutely take that into consideration as well.

- Chances are high that his appeal will go nowhere, even if he did raise the money.

I don't think accurately determining the correct value of his real estate holdings plays too much of a role in those 30 companies' decisions to reject Trump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gbear said:

Just observing.  

Trump Tower has a value of X.  

Trump has been convicted of claiming that it's actually worth vastly more than X.  And using that value to get loans, using Trump Tower as collateral.  

Now.  

Are you certain that Trump Tower isn't worth, say, $500M, and already has $600M in loans against it?  

• Like 3

I think Trump's outstanding loans/debt was reported on back in 2020, as some of those loans were coming due.  For example, in 2022 he refinanced his loan on Trump Tower, with a new $100 million loan.  The value of Trump Tower was estimated by Forbes to be $371M. Subtract almost $100M owed from that loan, and you get an approximate equity value of $275M.  Theoretically, he has at least $200 million in liquid assets, after the payment in the E. Jean Caroll verdict.  So between the two he would be able to pay what he owes for the NY verdict.  However, he doesn't want to sell Trump Tower, and companies don't want it as collateral, probably because they know it won't fetch full price, especially if his assets are sold off in a "Fire Sale."  It is also worth noting that Trump whining that he might have to have a fire sale makes people think they could potentially get the properties at a lower cost, thus deflating their value, so he's not helping himself.

Personally, I'm just enjoying watching him squirm, but I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to come up with the money when the appeals court denies his request for a stay.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, gbear said:

I don’t believe he owns the properties out right. They are leveraged already. Anybody giving him a deal would be in the second (at best) lien position. So they wouldn’t have the property as collateral.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bang said:

SO....

how long does he have to pay this bond that if he doesn't pay will result in nothing happening to him?

~Bang

He needs to pay by Monday.  I'm still not convinced he won't manage to come up with a bond by then.  Just as he whined about paying the E. Jean Carroll verdict and asking for a stay, and then coming up with the bond anyway.

Everything I've read says that if he doesn't come up with a bond or the cash that Letitia James is ready to start seizing assets immediately.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, China said:

He needs to pay by Monday.  I'm still not convinced he won't manage to come up with a bond by then.  Just as he whined about paying the E. Jean Carroll verdict and asking for a stay, and then coming up with the bond anyway.

Everything I've read says that if he doesn't come up with a bond or the cash that Letitia James is ready to start seizing assets immediately.

Well, North Korea or Russia could float him the cash. Probably very high ROI if he wins the election