Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Tulsa Race Riots

Going Commando

We're at the 97 year anniversary of this mostly forgotten atrocity.  NPR ran an incredible interview with perhaps the only remaining survivor of the incident.  You can find the article and interview here: https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2018/05/31/615546965/meet-the-last-surviving-witness-to-the-tulsa-race-riot-of-1921

If you're unfamiliar with the history of the incident, take some time to read the well-detailed wikipedia article about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

I think it's extremely important to remember and reflect upon our country's gruesome history of the racial oppression that black people have faced, particularly so now that overt White Supremacy is becoming mainstream right-wing politics again.  Brutality and injustice like this are the end result of traveling down that road.

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's complaining about me making a statement of fact that overt White Supremacy is becoming mainstream right wing politics again.

By essentially saying read this, this happened. Welcome to 2018. 

Requiring an ID isn’t voter suppression to me...

The gop wants to suppress voters who don’t vote for them.  A majority of them are minorities. If a majority of them were white, though, they’d want to suppress those votes. 

Democrats don’t want old white bible beaters people to vote.

Im not sure race is the primary motive there.

both parties are guilty of  gearymandering. The country is moving more and more to the left every year. 

Anyway, this was sort of my point. Atrocities happened, continue to happen, and bringing politics into everything forces people to defend thier beliefs publically (often to the point of making insane assumptions to justify themselves of worse, attacking other people to create scapegoats) instead of remembering the past and being introspective.

Bad things happened and it’s thems fault.

Bad things happened, and we all want better things to happen.

Like I said, thanks for the information. They do not get into gritty details in school. Maybe they should.

11 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's complaining about me making a statement of fact that overt White Supremacy is becoming mainstream right wing politics again.

Your statement is an opinion,it is not a fact. Really couldn’t be further from being a fact .I am sure I will be attacked by many on here for saying so but you are way off base.I consider myself right wing or very conservative and many of my friends and associates are the same.I don’t know any that are white supremacist.Don’t really know if I’ve ever met one.I watched a special on the subject of this thread a few years back and was very saddened by what took place in Oklahoma.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Denying that racism exists is the ultimate White Privilege.

Who is saying that racism doesn’t exist?Racism exists in many different forms.  Certainly doesn’t mean that right leaning individuals are white supremacist,two completely different things.

5 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Who is saying that racism doesn’t exist?Racism exists in many different forms.  Certainly doesn’t mean that right leaning individuals are white supremacist,two completely different things.

Not all right leaning individuals are white supremacist, but white supremacist identify (heavily) with one political party and are doing so more recently.  The KKK hasn't been endorsed a Republican Presidential candidate for a while (until) the last election.

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Requiring an ID isn’t voter suppression to me...

The gop wants to suppress voters who don’t vote for them.  A majority of them are minorities. If a majority of them were white, though, they’d want to suppress those votes. 

Democrats don’t want old white bible beaters people to vote.

Im not sure race is the primary motive there.

both parties are guilty of  gearymandering. The country is moving more and more to the left every year. 

Anyway, this was sort of my point. Atrocities happened, continue to happen, and bringing politics into everything forces people to defend thier beliefs publically (often to the point of making insane assumptions to justify themselves of worse, attacking other people to create scapegoats) instead of remembering the past and being introspective.

Bad things happened and it’s thems fault.

Bad things happened, and we all want better things to happen.

Like I said, thanks for the information. They do not get into gritty details in school. Maybe they should.

Democrats don't pass laws that are designed to prevent white bible beaters from voting, and then brag about how they just won the election for their side.

I would say most white supremacist lean toward the Nazi party. And your statement varies quite a bit from the ridiculous statement made by SMQ.

Democrats aren’t really passing any laws these days,at least not on a national level.

2018: The Year Of The White Supremacist

A record number of white supremacists are running for political office this year.

“Jews…commit a disproportionate number of mass shootings,” Wisconsin Republican congressional candidate Paul Nehlen lied on Facebook recently. Earlier, he had tweeted: “Poop, incest, and pedophilia. Why are those common themes repeated so often with Jews?” Another GOP House hopeful, Pennsylvania’s Sean Donahue, recently told me, “The United States was intended to be white…. I don’t see why we had to have the Fair Housing Act.”

Welcome to Trump’s America, where a rash of white nationalists are running for office. Depending on your definition, anywhere from nine and 17 white supremacists and far-right militia leaders are currently running for House and Senate seats, governorships, and state legislatures.

Most have little chance of winning, but as with the neo-Nazi Arthur Jones, who recently ran unopposed in the Republican primary for the Third Congressional District in the Chicago area and garnered 20,458 votes, their mere candidacies, along with their growing acceptance by other Republicans as legitimate stakeholders in the party, are a dangerous development. “They are, by their very presence, shifting the pole of what most Americans find to be acceptable political discourse,” said Eric K. Ward of the Western States Center, a progressive organization that works in seven states where white-nationalist groups have been active.

https://www.thenation.com/article/election-2018-is-off-to-the-racists/

12 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

I would say most white supremacist lean toward the Nazi party. And your statement varies quite a bit from the ridiculous statement made by SMQ.

Not really.  When the KKK newspaper is endorsing Trump, that's white supremacy becoming more mainstream in the political right.

Do a google search of racist Republican nominee and show many hits come up.

Here's a good one:

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/388932-texas-gop-candidate-who-vowed-to-reward-his-children-for-marrying-white

Now, so far (for the most part), they are losing.  But they weren't even running 10 years ago.  The KKK did not endorse McCain for President.

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

2018: The Year Of The White Supremacist

A record number of white supremacists are running for political office this year.

And they are running as Republicans.

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

Not really.  When the KKK newspaper is endorsing Trump, that's white supremacy becoming more mainstream in the political right.

Due a google search of racist Republican nominee and show many hits come up.

Here's a good one:

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/388932-texas-gop-candidate-who-vowed-to-reward-his-children-for-marrying-white

Now, so far (for the most part), they are losing.  But this wasn't happening 10 years ago.  The KKK did not endorse McCain for President.

Going to bow out know because I can see where this could go. I will close by saying there are whack jobs on both sides of the aisle.Fortunately,they are on the fringe for the most part.GoCaps!!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Going to bow out know because I can see where this could go. I will close by saying there are whack jobs on both sides of the aisle.Fortunately,they are on the fringe for the most part.GoCaps!!!!!!!!

You can try and equalize it any way you want, but the fact remains.  White supremecists are now closer to the Republican party than they have been probably, at least since Reagan was President.

Obama released a copy of his birth certificate in 2008.  In 2011, Trump said:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-birther-timeline-20160916-snap-htmlstory.html

“I have some real doubts,” Trump told the “Today” show. He claimed to have sent his own investigators to Hawaii, where Obama was born. "I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding."

The President of the United States is not "fringe".

(Note, I'm not claiming he's a white supremacist, but he is a non-fringe whack job.  Personally, I still want to know what the people he had investigating it found that we wouldn't believe.  We've got a President that can't go a week without tweeting an out and out lie.  That's not normal.)

The “such and such” both sides argument just doesn’t work any more.

The weirdos on the other side want crazy things like health care for everyone, gay marriage, an earth that isn’t turning into Venus and a balanced budget.  I know, real controversial stuff.

33 minutes ago, twa said:

and losing

They are not all losing. Just this March, 

• Neo-Nazi and Holocaust denier Arthur Jones won the Republican nomination for the 3rd Congressional District in Illinois.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/21/neo-nazi-wins-republican-nomination-for-illinois-congressional-seat-.html

That there are actual Nazis running as credible candidates in Republican primaries is chilling. The Trump wing of the Republican Party without question has a racism problem. The problem doesn't feel isolated either. After all, Charlottesville wasn't that long ago. 

Racism is very clearly a HUGE part of right wing politics. No question.

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

when he said “they” he meant his supporters, and what they wouldn’t believe is that Obama was a natural citizen of the united states.

Oh my God. You can't be serious.

Archived