Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Lafemina,, per Ian Rappaport#Redskins to become the president of business operations and COO

SWFLSkins

On 5/18/2018 at 1:29 PM, bird_1972 said:

Honestly, other than some injuries I thought DJax was pretty clutch. He did whatever we asked, was good in the locker room, and routinely took the top off of opposing defenses. I agree with team decision not to resign him based on what he was asking + his age but he definitely didn't disappoint.

In 3 seasons he had 142 catches and 14 TD's...That works out to an average of 47 catches and about 5 TD's a season. He also was a non-factor in the red zone. I like DJax but needed more from him. I appreciate his being a good soldier and all the long catches but in my opinion he underachieved in DC. 

34 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

In 3 seasons he had 142 catches and 14 TD's...That works out to an average of 47 catches and about 5 TD's a season. He also was a non-factor in the red zone. I like DJax but needed more from him. I appreciate his being a good soldier and all the long catches but in my opinion he underachieved in DC. 

You make a fair point although I think the average is skewed in part because he was out for a few games for injury (but I understand that when assessing impact, the fact that he wasn't on the field for many games should also factor in)

Where D-Jax gets a little bit more leeway when it comes to having numbers that don't jump out,  is the fact that simply having him on the field can change the way a defense plays coverage.  Because of his speed and ability to accelerate away from defenders, he always had to be accounted for with a safety over the top.  Rarely did a safety ever shade off the side Jackson was lined up.   Just that threat opened up things underneath for Reed & Crowder, leaving them one on one a ton.

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Where D-Jax gets a little bit more leeway when it comes to having numbers that don't jump out,  is the fact that simply having him on the field can change the way a defense plays coverage.  Because of his speed and ability to accelerate away from defenders, he always had to be accounted for with a safety over the top.  Rarely did a safety ever shade off the side Jackson was lined up.   Just that threat opened up things underneath for Reed & Crowder, leaving them one on one a ton.

True.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

There is no longer a waiting list to become a season ticket holder to the Redskins...that is depressing to me. I always enjoyed hearing "20 year wait list"..idk just kind of made me more proud to be a Redskin fan.

Sorry to sound rude, but any sane person could see that the whole waiting list proclamation was a damn lie.  I know at least 4-5 people who used to be season ticket holders who have cut their loses over the years due to the crap product on the field.  These days you’d have to be out of your damn mind to be a season ticket holder, when by Week 8 or 9, tickets on the secondary market will be 2-3 times less than normal prices.  You couldn’t pay me enough to travel to Fed-Ex, when I can just watch them (lose) from the comfort of my home.

44 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:
"Sleeping giants"

I wanted to hear wins, championships and superbowls after that statement....

I guess hes president of business operations for a reason.. but I must say revenue opportunity is not as exciting and doesn't deserve the "sleeping giants" click bait 

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

Sorry to sound rude, but any sane person could see that the whole waiting list proclamation was a damn lie.  I know at least 4-5 people who used to be season ticket holders who have cut their loses over the years due to the crap product on the field.  These days you’d have to be out of your damn mind to be a season ticket holder, when by Week 8 or 9, tickets on the secondary market will be 2-3 times less than normal prices.  You couldn’t pay me enough to travel to Fed-Ex, when I can just watch them (lose) from the comfort of my home.

You don't sound rude at all.. and I completely understand where you're coming from I sure as hell wouldn't attempt to become a season ticket holder right now 10 years ago or 5 years from now..wellll we'll see what Smith can do but even than it's doubtful..and there's no better view than from on the couch or sports bar to watch them WIN..ya we win some lose some but that's the way I like it..I could just imagine how ABSOLUTELY ****TY it would be to be a Patriots fan and have to deal with being a winner constantly..that would suck.. the only season that us fans have had to deal with that was the 91-92 season.. the Super Bowls in 83 and 87 were no gimmie seasons as we fought through the season to get to the super bowl..

13 hours ago, Gibbit said:

I wanted to hear wins, championships and superbowls after that statement....

I guess hes president of business operations for a reason.. but I must say revenue opportunity is not as exciting and doesn't deserve the "sleeping giants" click bait 

12 hours ago, zoony said:

The sleeping part is right

50 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Well, this is a congregation of Redskins fans.  Comes with the territory.  I'm more concerned with the well being of those who aren't cynical.

Was anyone expecting to hear Gruden talk about the price of food at concession stands during his presser? lol...Why would anyone hope or expect to hear the president of business operations mention winning and championships? It would have been empty rhetoric and the same people would have ridiculed it just as much.

Between the "Snyder probably planned the scab SB rings ceremony to detract from the Capitals" and "I was hoping the new president of bidniz ops would talk about championships", I think I'll remain squarely in the non-cynical camp that doesn't actually look for more reasons to shake their heads in derision at team moves.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:59 PM, hail2skins said:

Thought this might be a good thread to put this in. Just saw an item that our neighbors in purple to the north are following what the Falcons did last year and are lowering concession prices at M&T Bank.  Wonder if the Skins will do the same at some point.....perhaps this is something the new dude will look into:

In the letter that he sent season ticket holders, he indicated that they're going to cut concession prices.

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Was anyone expecting to hear Gruden talk about the price of food at concession stands during his presser? lol...Why would anyone hope or expect to hear the president of business operations mention winning and championships? It would have been empty rhetoric and the same people would have ridiculed it just as much.

Between the "Snyder probably planned the scab SB rings ceremony to detract from the Capitals" and "I was hoping the new president of bidniz ops would talk about championships", I think I'll remain squarely in the non-cynical camp that doesn't actually look for more reasons to shake their heads in derision at team moves.

Spot on. I understand being critical up to a point, but looking for reasons to dump on the team you love, no matter how bad they have been, is a strange and foreign concept to me.

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Spot on. I understand being critical up to a point, but looking for reasons to dump on the team you love, no matter how bad they have been, is a strange and foreign concept to me.

To be clear, we are dumping on the owner.  Boy Loser.

18 minutes ago, zoony said:

To be clear, we are dumping on the owner.  Boy Loser.

Fair enough. He ain't going anywhere so I guess I choose to focus on the progress being made instead of harping on it. But I understand being fed up and to each their own.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So much this.

We actually hate Boy Loser for the negative impact he’s had on the actual coaches and players that we do like.

I get that. But why bring that attitude into this thread? This guy on the surface appears to be making some positive changes...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I have been having an unresolved issue with the Redskins ticket office for the past 2-3 years. I have tried many times to resolve thru the chain of command to no avail. Today, Saturday no least, I emailed Our new COO Brian LaFemina in regards to the issue. I apologized for bringing it to his level, but all other options failed. I got an almost immediate response back, not from him, but from the guy who is going to resolve my issue Monday. I have to think Brian told him to fix it. If indeed he does fix the issue, I have to agree things are looking up with the new COO stepping in. It’s the little things that matter, and I feel he gets that. 

1 hour ago, eorndorff said:

Just a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I have been having an unresolved issue with the Redskins ticket office for the past 2-3 years. I have tried many times to resolve thru the chain of command to no avail. Today, Saturday no least, I emailed Our new COO Brian LaFemina in regards to the issue. I apologized for bringing it to his level, but all other options failed. I got an almost immediate response back, not from him, but from the guy who is going to resolve my issue Monday. I have to think Brian told him to fix it. If indeed he does fix the issue, I have to agree things are looking up with the new COO stepping in. It’s the little things that matter, and I feel he gets that. 

Keep us updated, just wanna know how it goes/. 

On 6/14/2018 at 1:31 PM, HardcoreZorn said:

Fair enough. He ain't going anywhere so I guess I choose to focus on the progress being made instead of harping on it. But I understand being fed up and to each their own.

I get that. But why bring that attitude into this thread? This guy on the surface appears to be making some positive changes...

The truth is, IF we ever start to see a real turnaround, it will begin and soldier through a long period of no one believing it to actually be happening.

30 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

The truth is, IF we ever start to see a real turnaround, it will begin and soldier through a long period of no one believing it to actually be happening.

I guess that’s what I view these past 3 seasons as. They aren’t there yet but there are flashes of a contending team (up until the Green Bay game in ‘16 and then last year before the injuries got out of control. Certainly that is a turnaround from seasons like 2009, 2010,2011,2013,2014 where we looked straight up out matched.

But now it’s a case of we are destined to be forever bound to mediocrity. Those years I just listed above are not mediocrity, they were downright embarrassing, so really mediocrity is a relatively new concept around here. It’s my opinion you are seeing the beginning stages of turning the corner. It’s rare to be as bad as we were for all those years and then the flip switches and we are contenders year in and year out. It usually is a bit more of a process and takes going from bad to average and then average to good and then good to great. It takes a culture change with the players in the locker room which I think you are beginning to see take shape here. So I am definitely of the opinion a lot of the fan base are doing exactly what you are saying. Not wanting to believe change is occurring. I will look like an absolute fool this year if we suck eggs though lol.

Just now, HardcoreZorn said:

I guess that’s what I view these past 3 seasons as. They aren’t there yet but there are flashes of a contending team (up until the Green Bay game in ‘16 and then last year before the injuries got out of control. Certainly that is a turnaround from seasons like 2009, 2010,2011,2013,2014 where we looked straight up our matched.

But now it’s a case of we are destined to be forever bound to mediocrity. Those years I just listed above are not mediocrity, they were downright embarrassing, so really mediocrity is a relatively new concept around here. It’s my opinion you are seeing the beginning stages of turning the corner. It’s rare to be as bad as we were for all those years and then the flip switches and we are contenders year in and year out. It usually is a bit more of a process and takes going from bad to average and then average to good and then good to great. It takes a culture change with the players in the locker room which I think you are beginning to see take shape here. So I am definitely of the opinion a lot of the fan base are doing exactly what you are saying. Not wanting to believe change is occurring. I will look like an absolute fool this year if we suck eggs though lol.

I both agree (like the roster quite a bit, and this hire shows some level of humility in how the team has failed to be accommodating to the fanbase), and see how someone wouldn't considering the Cousins and McCloughan departures and everything surrounding those occurred in that time period. 

Archived