Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Lafemina,, per Ian Rappaport#Redskins to become the president of business operations and COO

SWFLSkins

1 hour ago, Paul Cumberland said:

I'll just leave this here

Hey @Paul Cumberland Long time no see, maybe too soon, lol........J/K.... who knows what really shakes out. I do know this, Doug spoke the most on the draft, and when Bruce was rumored to Oak. He came out and said He was focusing on Stadiums....I am judging by what's happening, not what is being said by Rap. 

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Nah, not reaching that same conclusion right now...mainly because of Kyle Smith. If he does ascend to the GM position, there's gonna be very little for Bruce Allen to call his own. Right now I can see the possible roles and responsibilities in the upcoming few years for pretty much everyone in the front office and among the scouting department...except for Allen. I'm not sure exactly what would be waiting for him with the Redskins a year or two down the road. Plus I highly doubt Snyder went out and snatched the NFL's senior VP of club business development just to give Bruce more time to watch game film lol...

2 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Hey @Paul Cumberland Long time no see, maybe too soon, lol........J/K.... who knows what really shakes out. I do know this, Doug spoke the most on the draft, and when Bruce was rumored to Oak. He came out and said He was focusing on Stadiums....I am judging by what's happening, not what is being said by Rap. 

Good to see you back here too.  And as far as this whole COO hire goes, personally, I could see it going either way.  Could be something where Dan feels he doesn't need Bruce for anything other than the Stadium deal and on the other hand, it may be something Dan is doing to help Bruce do exactly what we all cringed about when we learned he was going to be more involved on the football side of the operation after the firing of Scot.  Only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Or he is planning to become a full-time GM. :P  ;) 

146mw0.jpg

1 minute ago, Paul Cumberland said:

Good to see you back here too.  And as far as this whole COO hire goes, personally, I could see it going either way.  Could be something where Dan feels he doesn't need Bruce for anything other than the Stadium deal and on the other hand, it may be something Dan is doing to help Bruce do exactly what we all cringed about when we learned he was going to be more involved on the football side of the operation after the firing of Scot.  Only time will tell.

Likewise. I would and have been in the positive thinking column of late. I hope/think Doug is the football guy. Don't think He came here to be second fiddle in football terms to Allen. 

17 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

Am I the only one imagining Bruce Allen as the "Jump To Conclusions" guy from Office Space. You know the guy the "efficiency experts" essentially figured was totally redundant.

I'm a people person damnit. hahahhaaa

Hard to see a defined role for Bruce in the future with Dan being the Owner/CEO and the new guy being the COO that reports directly to Dan with Doug and Schaffer running the personnel. I expect Kyle Smith to vill

the vacant GM position.

Cooley said on the radio today that the new stadium would be announced very soon and no later than Dec. 

This move might also show that stadium talks are not going the way we hoped. If Bruce did a good job at that, he was a lock to keep. You don't ditch the guy who has all the contacts and is working the political powers. 

At least this guys resume looks pretty solid. We not just hired a random dude. This is the second business side guy we hired in a month right? Other was marketing. Sounds like Dan is a little unhappy with business side of the team. Need to look up the current revenue and sales of the team. 

2 hours ago, mcees4life said:

Hard to see a defined role for Bruce in the future with Dan being the Owner/CEO and the new guy being the COO that reports directly to Dan with Doug and Schaffer running the personnel. I expect Kyle Smith to vill

the vacant GM position.

Cooley said on the radio today that the new stadium would be announced very soon and no later than Dec. 

Cooley said the same thing last year when they first leaked the story about the stadium and the designers.  He said we’d know by the end of the year.  That was last year.  Don’t listen to Cooley lol

45 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Cooley said the same thing last year when they first leaked the story about the stadium and the designers.  He said we’d know by the end of the year.  That was last year.  Don’t listen to Cooley lol

If he keeps saying it eventually he will be right ?

Listening to beat guys, my guess is this.  Bruce is around through this season into next off season until the stadium is secured.  then Bruce is gone.  He isn't canned but leaves on his own terms.  Unless, they have a bad season, then he might leave not under his own terms but that one would be interesting if the stadium is still up in the air. 

Kyle Smith or Schaffer is elevated to GM.  Hopefully its Smith.  I wouldn't mind Schaffer but I think they'd lose Kyle eventually if he's not GM and by appearances at least that would be a shame.

As for Doug, I think he continues as mostly a facilitator.  With Bruce gone and especially Kyle elevated, I'd figure that would minimize that role some so maybe he'd take over Bruce's function of taming Dan down.  

Lots of guesswork and conjecture from all the Bruce Haters. I agree with Cooley from this morning's show. Bruce has secured the stadium location. His political contacts were critical for that to happen. LaFemina has no relationships with the DMV area. He knows nothing about the local or state politics. You don't bring a new guy in to SITE a new stadium. LaFemina specializes in RUNNING a stadium and sports business; something that is not Bruce's forte'. Whether Bruce now focuses more on football and less on business, or goes to Oakland, or retires, we're all guessing. He did buy a new home in California last year. Maybe he is looking to move west either for work or to retire. And while some of you think Snyder is trying to shove Bruce out the door, Dan loves Bruce. He's not going to screw him. But he may be willing to help Bruce go/do what he wants to do in the near future. That's what good friends do.

27 minutes ago, SonnyandSam said:

Lots of guesswork and conjecture from all the Bruce Haters. I agree with Cooley from this morning's show. Bruce has secured the stadium location. His political contacts were critical for that to happen. LaFemina has no relationships with the DMV area. He knows nothing about the local or state politics. You don't bring a new guy in to SITE a new stadium. LaFemina specializes in RUNNING a stadium and sports business; something that is not Bruce's forte'. Whether Bruce now focuses more on football and less on business, or goes to Oakland, or retires, we're all guessing. He did buy a new home in California last year. Maybe he is looking to move west either for work or to retire. And while some of you think Snyder is trying to shove Bruce out the door, Dan loves Bruce. He's not going to screw him. But he may be willing to help Bruce go/do what he wants to do in the near future. That's what good friends do.

Is the site of a new stadium official? If so, where is it going to be located? 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to beat guys, my guess is this.  Bruce is around through this season into next off season until the stadium is secured.  then Bruce is gone.  He isn't canned but leaves on his own terms.  Unless, they have a bad season, then he might leave not under his own terms but that one would be interesting if the stadium is still up in the air. 

Kyle Smith or Schaffer is elevated to GM.  Hopefully its Smith.  I wouldn't mind Schaffer but I think they'd lose Kyle eventually if he's not GM and by appearances at least that would be a shame.

As for Doug, I think he continues as mostly a facilitator.  With Bruce gone and especially Kyle elevated, I'd figure that would minimize that role some so maybe he'd take over Bruce's function of taming Dan down.  

Yeah I think Doug is going to be Kyle's right hand man as Kyle is promoted. Doug and Bruce are similar in age and so I wouldn't be surprised to see Doug heading into retirement soon, but I could see him staying on in effect to help serve as a buffer to Kyle. I don't think Schaffer is what they want in a GM. People point to McVay but I think Dan may be re-living the whole John Schneider experience. It was short lived, but imagine how we'd be if we didn't put Vinny back in charge but kept him?

The question I wonder is can Kyle work under Dan. As recently as 2012, we heard of tension between AJ Smith and Dan over Smith's evaluation of RG3. Now who was correct in that? And where does / did Kyle weigh in on this evaluation? And the RG3 thing is not too long ago, so how changed is Dan really? And will Kyle be able to tell him that we don't need to panic because we lost our starting and backup at a position, and instead go with the plan of action and staying patient.

Then there's the whole thing about the hierarchy of Smith vs Gruden. Williams has joked all week (and since the draft) about how emotional Gruden gets. Williams kinda showed that he can handle it but can Smith. Maybe Smith can follow Williams's footsteps on this, or maybe Williams will still be there, but if Smith was the GM this time around do we wind up with a Quinn in the 5th instead of Settle? Do we trade up for Ronald Jones or Kerryon Johnson instead of being patient and waiting for Guice to fall? Do we draft Welsh instead of Stroman?

Well..either way, does Snyder deserve a nod..tip of the cap..atta boy for bringing this dude in?.. I mean fellow skins fans who is this guy?..is he good for us?.. sorry I'm lazy, I don't dive much into researching the suites that come in..

15 hours ago, JaxJoe said:

When does Bruce Allen’s contract expire? That’ll give us a good idea of when he’ll be gone for good. 

I'm a die-hard Sixers fan and this is looking very similar to how the Sixers ousted their GM, Sam Hinkie, who ended up resigning once his replacement was hired. Maybe Bruce just resigns knowing that Vegas is waiting for him?

14 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well..either way, does Snyder deserve a nod..tip of the cap..atta boy for bringing this dude in?.. I mean fellow skins fans who is this guy?..is he good for us?.. sorry I'm lazy, I don't dive much into researching the suites that come in..

By all media accounts, he is an experienced NFL business guy who has worked with all the NFL teams from the NFL office. Before that, he worked many years for Madison Square Garden (or whatever the corp name is) running their venues. So the guy has a lot of experience. But I do find it odd leaving the league office for a team job. Usually that is a step down. And the NFL league office has been known to dump league office personnel on teams. But maybe Dan is offering $$$ and possibly is grooming him to replace Bruce. Who knows at this point.

Archived