Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Kanye is rich.
He likes what Republicans do for his ability to be as rich as possible.

Reminds me of the dave Chappelle bit before the 2016 election when he talked about being in line at the polls and everyone thought he was there to be solid with them and what they needed,,  he said "****, I'm rich. We aren't on the same side". or something like that.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Kanye West, who now goes by Ye, agrees to buy conservative social media platform Parler, company says

Kanye West, the superstar rapper who has made several inflammatory and antisemitic comments in recent weeks, has agreed in principle to buy conservative social media platform Parler, the app’s parent company said in a statement Monday.

“In a world where conservative opinions are considered to be controversial we have to make sure we have the right to freely express ourselves,” said West, who now goes by Ye, in a statement released by Parler.

Financial terms of the deal weren’t announced. The company previously said it had raised $56 million in funding from outside investors.

The move comes after Ye was locked out of his Twitter  and Instagram accounts for making antisemitic remarks. In one post, Ye played into a long-standing antisemitic conspiracy theory that fellow rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs is being controlled by Jewish people. On Twitter, meanwhile, Ye’s account was restricted after he said he would go “death con 3 on JEWISH PEOPLE.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

He is. I used to do my NFL Bang Cartoons, I used to do a comedy podcast, the Bang radio Hour. Lots of people watched, lots of people listened. 
One of the primary reasons I stopped both is I like my job, and occasionally in the course of the jokes I would say something that could set off the mob of people that are out there that love nothing more than to tear someone down and claim some sort of moral high ground. Because even if my joke in context didn't mean what they think it means, all it takes is a whiff of bad publicity and people are ostracized. (and sometimes my jokes did cross lines...  But as Obama says in that piece,, we are not allowed to make a mistake. The only way to learn from a mistake now is to have society cast you out.)

Comedy is very hard now. We have thoroughly lost our ability to laugh at ourselves, to recognize there are small differences between all of us that can be pretty funny WITHOUT being hateful. We are forced by morality police to never notice anything that is culturally different among any of us, even though it's right in front of all of us every single day.

Shared experience is one of the hearts of comedy. But we can't share any experiences now, now we all have to remain in our own lanes and keep the blinders to prevent us from seeing ourselves and our neighbors.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Bang said:

He is. I used to do my NFL Bang Cartoons, I used to do a comedy podcast, the Bang radio Hour. Lots of people watched, lots of people listened. 
One of the primary reasons I stopped both is I like my job, and occasionally in the course of the jokes I would say something that could set off the mob of people that are out there that love nothing more than to tear someone down and claim some sort of moral high ground. Because even if my joke in context didn't mean what they think it means, all it takes is a whiff of bad publicity and people are ostracized. (and sometimes my jokes did cross lines...  But as Obama says in that piece,, we are not allowed to make a mistake. The only way to learn from a mistake now is to have society cast you out.)

Comedy is very hard now. We have thoroughly lost our ability to laugh at ourselves, to recognize there are small differences between all of us that can be pretty funny WITHOUT being hateful. We are forced by morality police to never notice anything that is culturally different among any of us, even though it's right in front of all of us every single day.

Shared experience is one of the hearts of comedy. But we can't share any experiences now, now we all have to remain in our own lanes and keep the blinders to prevent us from seeing ourselves and our neighbors.

~Bang

I don't know Bang. Comedians like Jo Koy are killing it sharing their cultural differences and making fun of people from their culture and all cultures. 

Maybe people just got tired of white America doing it. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I'm not sure how these two paragraphs could ever line up in today's GOP MAGA America.

Obama said Democrats need to “be able to speak to everybody about their common interests.”

“And what works for I think everybody, is the idea of a basic equal treatment and fairness. That’s an argument that’s compatible with progress on social issues and compatible with economic interests,” he said.

The GOP does not subscribe to equal treatment and fairness for everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Bang said:

~Bang

Its a shame you stopped.  I legit almost peed myself laughing over Bruce Allen lowering head-and shoulders to Trent Williams saying "It puts the lotion on its skin".

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If you watch the whole 2.5 minute clip you will realize why Obama was so great as a politcian... and I say that in the fact that he seems like a great dude.  He doesn't run from the question, speaks transparently about "walking on eggshells", ropes in Michelle's 86 year old mother and then brings it all back to Fox News Systematic propaganda

But the Fox News Systemstic propaganda doesn't get the headline here. 

Obama won because be outsmarted and outworked his political opponents.  He did it in a down to earth manner that demonstrated he cared about the issues the voters with.  Trump did the same thing to the right... he was just appealing to and connecting with a whole different electorate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bang said:

I would bet there were plenty of people who wanted to punch his treasonous father out that day.
I know I did.

~Bang

Punch him out? 

I would like to take almost all the trumps, and magas at large, and trap them in an alternate realm where Ramsay Bolton is real and in charge with a vast loyal unstoppable army, and would treat them as his most hated enemy.

It's not the kind of intervention they teach in the helping professions but I have always left the door open to improvisation.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This isn’t how Beale’s followers thought their investments would go in 2019, when they started contributing to fund a film based on a Confederacy-themed superhero comic book character created by Beale. A trailer promoting the proposed movie, Rebel’s Run, featured the character Rebel fighting a global police force hunting down freethinking conservatives. 

Frequent Tucker Carlson collaborator Scooter Downey signed on to direct. Beale’s supporters rapidly blew past an initial $750,000 funding goal, ultimately raising more than $1 million. 

That money was supposed to be held in escrow to secure several million more dollars in funding. Three years later, though, the cash is gone, and with it Beale’s hopes for a movie.

• Haha 2