Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Tsunami? 

More likely the usual norm. Since 1982; the normal change to the incumbent party has been:

House: -31

Senate: -2

That’s not Tsunami.

Rdskns2000, fire up that 2024 thread so we can argue whether Trump wins the EC 538-0 or just by 535-3 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Rdskns2000, fire up that 2024 thread so we can argue whether Trump wins the EC 538-0 or just by 535-3 🤣

I will concede at the moment the gop is favored to win in 24 but no one is winning a landslide.

If the gop wins in 24; it would be similar to the 16 Trump win over Hillary. Though the gop might add to that by winning Nevada and maybe another state.

The days of landslides; greater than 350 EVs are over.

It’s way to early to see how 24 plays out. I hope if Biden decides to bow out; he does so by summer 23. Giving the Dems enough time to have a nomination race.

• Thumb up 1

Trump just said he's going to make a "big" announcement at MAL next Tuesday.

I agree with you at the margin of victory in presidential contests from here on out. Won't see any big landslides.

But even though it's early, nothing wrong with asking what people's gut says about 2024. Not what they WANT to happen, but what they THINK will happen.

You and I both know what's going down.....

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

But even though it's early, nothing wrong with asking what people's gut says about 2024. Not what they WANT to happen, but what they THINK will happen.

You and I both know what's going down.....

Battle of the Grandpa's 2 Biden vs Trump. Democracy vs Authoritarianism. Trumps revenge. It's gonna be brutal for all who stood up to him. 

21 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Not a lib here but excuses for what exactly? Inflation is probably the biggest issue right now. GOP should win both houses. Then what? Who you think will win in 2024?

Already making excuses if they lose it’s voter suppression, black males are falling for disinformation on social media etc…They are panicking because blacks and Hispanics are waking up and that’s why I say RED Tsunami! You will see liberal states flip and particularly here in South Texas near the border.

Not a lib here but excuses for what exactly? Inflation is probably the biggest issue right now. GOP should win both houses. Then what? Who you think will win in 2024?

Already making excuses if they lose it’s voter suppression, black males are falling for disinformation on social media etc…They are panicking because blacks and Hispanics are waking up and that’s why I say RED Tsunami! You will see liberal states flip and particularly here in South Texas near the border.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Battle of the Grandpa's 2 Biden vs Trump. Democracy vs Authoritarianism. Trumps revenge. It's gonna be brutal for all who stood up to him. 

I think you have the Democracy vs Authoritarianism reversed🤦🏻‍♂️! This is the disconnect that’s creating the RED tsunami. It’s like half of the country is watching a different movie.

• Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, WashingtonWoke said:

I think you have the Democracy vs Authoritarianism reversed🤦🏻‍♂️! This is the disconnect that’s creating the RED tsunami. It’s like half of the country is watching a different movie.

I know the "Democracy vs Authoritarianism" debate can refer to policy ones such as how individual states handled covid restrictions. But in this case the reference was to election deniers. And while there's nothing wrong with examining voting laws to ensuring legitimacy, it's also important to acknowledge when people lost an election. Mastriano is predicted to lose tomorrow and it'll be interesting to see how he reacts

Just now, hail2skins said:

I know the "Democracy vs Authoritarianism" debate can refer to policy ones such as how individual states handled covid restrictions. But in this case the reference was to election deniers. And while there's nothing wrong with examining voting laws to ensuring legitimacy, it's also important to acknowledge when people lost an election. Mastriano is predicted to lose tomorrow and it'll be interesting to see how he reacts

Bro! That’s already an excuse the dems are using 😆

1 minute ago, WashingtonWoke said:

Bro! That’s already an excuse the dems are using 😆

I fully expect the GOP to win and I'd love to see the deficit reduced over the next few years.

I agree that it can be too echo chambery in here, but I'm also not going to pretend that the GOP doesn't have their share of bran dead dumbasses, Mr Trump being the most noteworthy 

2 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Ike was super solid, really.  

But he hated Nazis, so he’d inevitably be a centrist Democrat these days.  Bernie Bros would probably have a mean nickname for him like “Dwight the blight” or such.

A dude at work told me he was wearing his "Reagan/Bush '84" shirt the other day.

I said "oh, two dudes whod be centrist Democrats today?"

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I fully expect the GOP to win and I'd love to see the deficit reduced over the next few years.

I agree that it can be too echo chambery in here, but I'm also not going to pretend that the GOP doesn't have their share of bran dead dumbasses, Mr Trump being the most noteworthy 

I agree. No way you can compare Trumps presidency to biden! It’s night and day. You can’t defend that.

1 minute ago, WashingtonWoke said:

I agree. No way you can compare Trumps presidency to biden! It’s night and day. You can’t defend that.

Covid spending under both Trump and Biden, plus a Fed that acted too slow, contributed to the inflation we are dealing with.

I think Trump performance wise from a policy perspective earned reelection, but he has only himself to blame for people getting sick of him. Covid presented him an opportunity and he stepped on it