Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Any person I’ve ever met that brags about carrying a gun, winds up being someone I don’t think should be carrying a gun. 

it seems to be a pretty reliable flag that someone probably shouldn’t be carrying a gun. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, tshile said:

Any person I’ve ever met that brags about carrying a gun, winds up being someone I don’t think should be carrying a gun. 

it seems to be a pretty reliable flag that someone probably shouldn’t be carrying a gun. 

100%. The responsible gun owners I know who conceal carry...you'd never know that they carry or even own a gun for the most part, unless you got to know them and the topic came up. The people I've met who brag about carrying a gun are basically just doing it for attention and usually don't even bother to go to the range to make sure they can actually use the thing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The people I have known that identify themselves with their guns do go to the range. However, they are not people I think should have a gun. They all have personalities that say “I am unstable.” They use their guns as props when talking about something.

Son was not there for this story: One time I joked with one about his son being gay. He pulled out his gun so fast, I thought he was going to shoot me, but he pointed to where his son sleeps and says “nope, bang bang bang” and pretended to shoot his son. 

I was with my wife’s family one day helping a bunch of them move. Her family owns guns but they do not have the gun personalities. No stickers on cars or anything to show that they owned guns. I noticed a couple people in the woods across the street from where we were moving in to. I told everyone to watch their backs. Suddenly 4 guns show up. They had all been carrying that day, but I never knew because they did not brag about them. One dude even had jorts on and I didn’t see his gun 😆 

That house got robbed when no one was home a while later. Took everything, even appliances. 

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

I almost never carry anymore because I'm always stoned at some level. 😂

I know it isn't a popular opinion but I'm still against concealed carry. I prefer it for myself so people don't know I'm armed. But if I'm walking in somewhere, I'd rather KNOW who is armed instead of guessing. Then I can also judge them based on how they act and importantly, what gun they carry. You can tell a lot about a person by what they carry.

• Like 2

Are tennis shoes really a part of “well dressed?” These people make up anything. I know plenty of lefties in a two parent home. I know lefties that dress nice, including southern ones and I know lefties that carry. Maybe it’s only these people that I have associated with as I’ve gotten older. 

They’re all coming to get you MAGA, they’re all coming to get you! Mwahahahahahashaha! 

just joking, they’re too busy working or reading to their kids and being involved in their own lives to give a **** if you are in a two parent home or you dress nice. They just don’t care. These righty whities want a civil war that is not there. 

im surprised he didn’t pull out the American flag underwear and then taught us a lesson about not disrespecting the flag. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I almost never carry anymore because I'm always stoned at some level. 😂

when it was legalized here I found myself in conversations like “now that it’s legal, can you <some scenario invoking weed and guns>?”

and I listened to a lot of people try to justify their answer (for or against) based on their interpretations of what they found googling the issue

and I always just say “no”

I don’t care what you read or think you’ve found a loophole or whatever - if your question involved drugs/alcohol and guns the answer is no. Just no. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I know it isn't a popular opinion but I'm still against concealed carry. I prefer it for myself so people don't know I'm armed. But if I'm walking in somewhere, I'd rather KNOW who is armed instead of guessing. Then I can also judge them based on how they act and importantly, what gun they carry. You can tell a lot about a person by what they carry.

Actually I recall that being the sentiment around these parts, but this place leans heavy toward gun control. 

im the opposite. I prefer concealed carry be the only thing allowed. Couple reasons:

- weeds out the idiots that just want to show off

- weeds out anyone not willing to complete the class and file the paperwork and pay the fee. The class is a joke as is the paperwork and the fee is minimal. Yet it weeds out those unwilling to do the basics

- I hate that gun ownership scares people and I hate that someone has to worry about that cause they see it in a store looking for a new backpack with their kid. I hate that kids see it too

- last time I looked, VA only revoke like 0.1% of concealed carry permits and they revoke them for drug or violent offenses including gun violence. By that metric it seems to me reasonable to conclude that people that get concealed carry permits represent a small sliver of gun violence at least in my state 

all of those could change if open carry wasn’t allowed and any one of those might be super minor to any individual. But to me at the present it makes sense that concealed carry only could/should be “better” 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by tshile

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Are tennis shoes really a part of “well dressed?” These people make up anything. I know plenty of lefties in a two parent home. I know lefties that dress nice, including southern ones and I know lefties that carry. Maybe it’s only these people that I have associated with as I’ve gotten older. 

"I hold my wife in such high regard I'm wearing a polo shirt, khakis and a braided belt on her special day."

Edited to add, because I can't help myself: I literally wore a nicer outfit to interview for my first job at Blockbuster when I was a clueless 16 year old kid. 

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Haha 4

Eric Trump's Claim About His 'Good Family' Goes Down Like A Bag Of Bricks

Eric Trump claimed his family has never done a thing wrong, predictably prompting some harsh reminders on social media.

Appearing on Fox News Saturday, Eric Trump was asked by host Mark Levin about the criminal hush money trial against his father, former President Donald Trump.

“Well, Mark. A hundred and ten subpoenas in the last seven years. Those are ones that I’ve received personally. ... I’ve never gotten so much as a traffic ticket,” Eric Trump said. “We’re a good family. Never have done anything wrong.”

“The way that they’ve come after my father since he’s gone down that escalator is unthinkable,” he added.

Eric Trump was offered a dose of reality from users on X (formerly Twitter):

I don’t know about you, but it seems to me that if you’ve received 110 subpoenas in just the space of a few years, you might be either a head of agency or a criminal. 

Click on the lin for the full article

• Haha 1

See, the mistake that the Haves always made in the past was that they’d foster a battle between themselves and the Have Nots. Today’s Haves are much smarter. The trick is to create a couple different tribes of Have Nots and get them to hate each other.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2