Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Poll: Trump voters say racism against white Americans is a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans

As public support for reparations for African Americans remains stubbornly low, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll reveals one major roadblock: Donald Trump voters believe that racism against white Americans has become a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans.

The survey of 1,638 U.S. adults, which was conducted from July 13-17, shows that among 2020 Trump voters, 62% say that racism against Black Americans is a problem today — while 73% say that racism against white Americans is a problem.

Asked how much of a problem racism currently is, just 19% of Trump voters describe racism against Black Americans as a “big problem.” Twice as many (37%) say racism against white Americans is a big problem.

Trump voters and self-identified Republicans — overlapping but not identical cohorts — are the only demographic groups identified by Yahoo News and YouGov who are more likely to say racism against white Americans is a problem than to say the same about racism against Black Americans. A majority (51%) of white Americans, for instance, think racism against people who look like them is a problem — but overall, far more white Americans (72%) say racism against Black Americans is a problem.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

How long before "Were the Nazis that bad? They even said 'Work Sets You Free'...I mean, if that's not a valuable life lesson, I don't know what is! The Jews were given free manual labor skills that they could apply in other areas of their lives!"

15 hours ago, China said:

Poll: Trump voters say racism against white Americans is a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans

As public support for reparations for African Americans remains stubbornly low, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll reveals one major roadblock: Donald Trump voters believe that racism against white Americans has become a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans.

The survey of 1,638 U.S. adults, which was conducted from July 13-17, shows that among 2020 Trump voters, 62% say that racism against Black Americans is a problem today — while 73% say that racism against white Americans is a problem.

Asked how much of a problem racism currently is, just 19% of Trump voters describe racism against Black Americans as a “big problem.” Twice as many (37%) say racism against white Americans is a big problem.

Trump voters and self-identified Republicans — overlapping but not identical cohorts — are the only demographic groups identified by Yahoo News and YouGov who are more likely to say racism against white Americans is a problem than to say the same about racism against Black Americans. A majority (51%) of white Americans, for instance, think racism against people who look like them is a problem — but overall, far more white Americans (72%) say racism against Black Americans is a problem.

Click on the link for the full article

This shouldn't surprise anyone. The right wing propaganda machine has spent decades cultivating a white grievance / white victimhood mentality in its followers. The Republican party has fully taken up that mantle and I think as of now that's basically 90% of the entire Republican "platform" (for lack of a better word).

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And of course they're not actually sorry for trying to minimize slavery, they're sorry they got caught. That sort of worksheet is the entire point there, and we all know it.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, mistertim said:

How long before "Were the Nazis that bad? They even said 'Work Sets You Free'...I mean, if that's not a valuable life lesson, I don't know what is! The Jews were given free manual labor skills that they could apply in other areas of their lives!"

They already are.

~Bang

• Thanks 2

I think it would be fun if a rogue tractor, rodeo bull, or rattlesnake canceled Jason Aldean.

Looks like a clown in his little cowboy outfit.

Which is how I've always seen guys wearing cowboy outfits unless it was for movies, on ranches or farms, or in a rodeo.

As a yute in Alaska I'd ask some guys dressed like cowboys if they ever dressed up like doctors, firemen, or policemen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I think it would be fun if a rogue tractor, rodeo bull, or rattlesnake canceled Jason Aldean.

Looks like a clown in his little cowboy outfit.

Which is how I've always seen guys wearing cowboy outfits unless it was for movies, on ranches or farms, or in a rodeo.

As a yute in Alaska I'd ask some guys dressed like cowboys if they ever dressed up like doctors, firemen, or policemen.

Let us not forget that it was his show that got shot up by a couple thousand bullets, which began a thread here, iirc. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Looking down the first page of the tailgate it's all trump trump trump trump.trump trump

I can't wait until that asshole is out of the picture.

There's like 6 threads with his name in the title and like 3 or 4 more where he's a large topic of discussion, its crazy how much he's infested our lives 

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Looking down the first page of the tailgate it's all trump trump trump trump.trump trump

I can't wait until that asshole is out of the picture.

There's like 6 threads with his name in the title and like 3 or 4 more where he's a large topic of discussion, its crazy how much he's infested our lives 

Trump is the Dan Snyder of the tailgate

On steroids and cocaine

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is a grown man

Wait, has he literally never seen a romantic comedy before?

That's the bog standard plot. 

Edit: Nevermind. I briefly forgot he's a troll who does performative nonsense for stupid people for a living. 

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Thumb up 1