Offense (24)

QBs (2):

4)  Smith

5)  McCoy

RBs (4):

6)  Guice

7)  Thompson

8)  Perrine

9)  Bibbs (can play teams while Kelley cannot)

TEs (3):

10)  Reed

11)  Davis

12)  Sprinkle

OL (9):

13)  Trent

14)  Moses

15)  Christian

16)  Clemmens

17)  Nskeke

18)  Scherff

19)  Roullier

20)  Bergstrom (can play backup center)

21)  Kujo (maybe Kallis overtakes him)

WR (6):

22)  Doctson

23)  Crowder

24)  Richardson

25)  Davis

26)  Quinn

27)  Quick (can play teams.  Beats out Harris)

Defense:  (26)

DL (7):

28)  Allen

29)  Payne

30)  Ion Man

31)  Settle

32)  Lanier

33)  McGee

34)  Hood

LB (9):

35)  Kerrigan

36)  Smith

37)  Anderson

38)  McPhee

39)  Brown

40)  Foster

41)  Vigil

42)  JHC

43)  Hamilton (beats out Speight)

CB (6):

44)  Norman

45)  Dunbar

46)  Moreau

47)  Scandrick

48)  Halsey

49)  Stroman

S (4):

50)  Swearinger

51)  Nicholson

52)  Everett

53)  Apke

We could go with 6 DL versus 7 and keep Hogan as the 3rd QB while cutting Hood.  Also, might want to carry a vet safety as well.  I don't think JHC makes it pass waivers.  He's the only dime linebacker we have.  Maybe he makes the jump.  Hamilton could also go on the PUP list if he needs time to heal.

• mhd24 changed the title to Post-Draft 53 man guess

I have Kalis or Welch making it on the OL (possibly over Clemmings)

No Hood for me

Hogan makes it.

Harris over Quick

The LBs is interesting because I see an injury happening and a surprise TC Hero.

I don't see Scandric making it either. Another TC hero? or a surprise cut? And who's eligible for our PS (not by league rules but who won't other teams pick up? We liked Kalis but he was taken from us). We will have injuries but who will go on IR vs PUP and who will we have to cut due to injury because they aren't valuable enough to let the take up a roster spot while they're hurt?

On 4/30/2018 at 6:58 PM, mhd24 said:

Here's my guess on what the 53 man roster will be post draft:........

Not one UDFA? You know their will be at least one and possibly 2 that make the final roster.

8 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Keep Hogan and release McCoy and save $3m on the cap this year.

HTTR 

Agree i don't understand teams who are not superbowl contenders that spend alot of money on a backup.  Honestly we we lose Alex or our starter, the season is over. 

6 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Agree i don't understand teams who are not superbowl contenders that spend alot of money on a backup.  Honestly we we lose Alex or our starter, the season is over. 

Totally agree with you mate. 

HTTR 

I agree with most of your list except for these changes Timon Parris (won't clear waviers) instead of TJ clemmings and Welsh instead of Bergstrom for the OL,  Phil Taylor instead of Hood on DL and Speight will make it at LB.

I would also keep Hogan over Colt McKoy as Colt won't be here next year so we might as well start grooming a new QB now.

I also don't think Scandrick makes the team one of the young bucks will instead.

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hamilton is probably going IR is my guess. 

Where's Compton? They like Spaight. 

I think Compton signed with the Titans?

The problem with Hogan over McCoy is if Smith misses, say 1-4 games, McCoy gives you a better chance to win... and Allen/Gruden really need to win. 

In general though, I agree with the theory.  

Just last year a team that was not considered a superbowl contender to begin the season used a well paid backup qb to carry them through the playoffs to superbowl champions and we're debating the value of a veteran backup quarterback? 

Its not like you have to go deep into the coffers of history to find an example. 

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Just last year a team that was not considered a superbowl contender to begin the season used a well paid backup qb to carry them through the playoffs to superbowl champions and we're debating the value of a veteran backup quarterback? 

Its not like you have to go deep into the coffers of history to find an example. 

You beat me to it, I was about to say the exact same thing

There are at least 2 guys who'll make the final roster who aren't currently on the team, but as it stands...

image.png.71150c643b6c7b4a1ebafa324f36a90d.png

I think we can get by, and maybe even do well with this roster. LG and CB kinda weak, but we couldn't fix everything this offseason.

This really isn't so much a 53 man guess as it a breakdown of positions, spots,and who's competing for them. I'll start with the offense (will follow up later on defense). This is all assuming health, which no one is ever 100% healthy.

QB (2-3 spots): Smith is a lock. McCoy seems to be a near lock, though I suppose there's the ever small chance Hogan balls out and convinces the team to move on from McCoy. Hogan seems like the back-up plan for next year (when McCoy's a free agent). So I suspect Hogan makes the 53 unless he plays he way off. Which is also possible. There's literally no one else in competition here.

RB (3-4 spots): The two locks here seem to be Guice and Thompson. I know the team hopes Guice becomes the bona fide starter too, which should happen. But he'll make the team regardless. Thompson will do his thing as more of a "third down" type back. Perine should be the main back-up. He did not have a good rookie season, but got most of his playing time after the offensive line fell apart. So I'd give him a bit of a pass. Rob Kelley is the other main competition for the back-up job. If Perine beats out Kelley, I suspect Kelley gets cut. He could make it as a fourth RB, but someone like Bibbs seems more useful given his special teams/pass catching. There's a few other RBs in camp: Keith Marshall, Byron Marshall, and UDFA Martez Carter. All seem like extreme long shots. Oh yeah, and one fullback, Wellman. Who's probably at best a practice squad candidate.

TE (3-4 spots): Although there are 5 bodies in camp, this seems extremely likely to end up with 3 names on the final 53: Reed, Davis, and Sprinkle. There's upside there. But down side too. If Reed gets hurt, David shows his age, and Sprinkle fails to develop, there's a gaping hole on the roster. And the only other two bodies in camp are an unheralded UDFA (Flanagan) and a former UDFA (Garner). Both seem like practice squad at best types.

WR (5-6 spots): Richardson, Doctson and Crowder are the 3 locks, though all come with questions too. Like TE, if things go poorly then this position thins out fast. There's at last 2 additional spots to be won. the team re-signed Quick, though he basically did nothing last year and would seem to be more of a back-up plan. Harris is former UDFA and has been cut twice in two season. But he manages to find his way back. So he might make it, but it seems 50/50 at best. Robert Davis was the only draft pick would failed to make the 53 last year. But he was always seen as a developmental pick. So maybe he steps up. The team largely ignored WR on draft day, using only the last selection in the draft on Trey Quinn. He and UDFA Simmie Cobbs seem like the best bet among rookies. Though there are 4 other UDFAs on the roster (Sims, Holder, Fields and Pierson-El) to try and impress.

OL (8-10 spots): Let's start with the locks: Williams, Nsekhe, Roullier, Moses, Scherff, and Christian. Given the injuries here and the fact many project Christian to need a year or two, then I suspect at least 9 players make the final 53. But the question is who after these 6? Lauvao is back, but without a big contract and with a history of injuries and poor performance. Some seem to favor Kouandjio as the potential LG starter, but this is a guy the team cut last September. Catalina was an UDFA, but made the 53 last year. Kalis did not, but is probably a better pure guard and the team went out of their way to claim him back. Some like Bergstrom, but he was a street free agent the team signed once everyone else got hurt. I'd suspect the team would generally go younger, if those players are semi-decent. Clemmings is another name to consider. And then two highly ranked UDFAs in Welsh and Parris. Plus several other camp bodies in Balducci, Jefferson, and Kling.

That's it for offense. Defense to come, but we'll knock out special teams while we're here:

ST (3 spots): People basically expect Sundberg, Way, and Hopkins to take them. No real discussion needed

8 hours ago, tibbidoe said:

There are at least 2 guys who'll make the final roster who aren't currently on the team, but as it stands...

image.png.71150c643b6c7b4a1ebafa324f36a90d.png

I think we can get by, and maybe even do well with this roster. LG and CB kinda weak, but we couldn't fix everything this offseason.

*SWITCH:

-- D.J. Swearinger to (SS)...

-- Montae Nicholson to (FS)...

HAIL!

Archived