Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our only dependable RB is about 35 and I'd be shocked if he wanted to come back anyway. 

I think Love is the future, but we never win gambling on injured players. That's CT, Guise, and Love to a T.

So, we're going into next year without an established healthy RB.

I'm sure having an interim HC that just wants to pound the ball into the line for the hell of it isnt going to help.

CT is out of contract and gone. Need a dependable back to go with Guice and Love. AP is contracted in 2020 for just over 2mil. He could be back, pretty sure he needs the money.

Sure, let's go full-on stupid and cut AP, why not?  Who needs a hardworking, durable, still very productive HOF RB when we got the Guice who was drafted after an injury, arrived and got injured, rehabbed, played a game or two and got injured and is rehabbing as we speak.  Let's do that because if you want to roll stupid be sure to be full-on stupid.  Let's go with the Guice and the other guy who has accomplished so much his name escapes me at the moment rather than the healthy HOF RB, absolutely.

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Y'all are crazy, IMO. I'm not saying we count on him only, that would be irresponsible (and standard Redskins procedure, if we're being truthful).   But to cut him outright in the off-season?!?  Zero chance. Less than zero. Too much upside there to just walk away. 

We can just put him with most of our starters. On IR. :ols:

No doubt this guy has the best attitude. A quality I admire in a player. But he is a chandelier.  The Redskins have to see what they have got.  Looks like he will get back on the field as soon as he can pass through the IR period.  

Maybe you start him with Dwayne Haskins so we see what we have with both.  They are the future or they are not?  Lets get them in there together for the last 7 games of the season.

26 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I still go back to what I saw this season before the injury.  He just looked like an average back with average explosiveness, and that was before this recent set back.  I wouldn't get your hopes up that he will be any sort of difference maker and this is from a guy who loved the pick at the time.   

Omg post like this. So a guy that was coming back from a acl tear looked average? A guy that had a total of what 19 carries counting preseason looked average? Give me a damn break. He barely ran the ball. Not to mention our offensive line has been trash all year. 

How's Cook look in Minnesota this year compared to last year? You don't come back from these acl tears over night. The more reps the more time he gets running the ball. The better chance he'll have regaining the speed and explosiveness he had. Not to mention the extra time off probably only helped his ACL knee. 

21 minutes ago, mojo said:

I hope this guy isn’t another Doctson but if appears that way. A guy we wait and wait on but nothing ever happens.

Doctson had 4 years. How about we give him at least 3 before we put him in that grouping of players. 

25 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Omg post like this. So a guy that was coming back from a acl tear looked average? A guy that had a total of what 19 carries counting preseason looked average? Give me a damn break. He barely ran the ball. Not to mention our offensive line has been trash all year. 

How's Cook look in Minnesota this year compared to last year? You don't come back from these acl tears over night. The more reps the more time he gets running the ball. The better chance he'll have regaining the speed and explosiveness he had. Not to mention the extra time off probably only helped his ACL knee. 

Doctson had 4 years. How about we give him at least 3 before we put him in that grouping of players. 

Calm down already, just posting what i saw.  I don't pretend to be a scout but with RBs even fans can generally see which ones stand out, and there are very very few of them at any point in time around the league.  The rest of the starters can be thrown in a group and there is little difference between them.  Jay penciled him in as the prime back, they thought he was ready to go.  Cook had big time OL problems last year, there are a ton of RBs who came back to form a year after this injury including one who is currently the starter.  I'm just concerned the form we saw in the opener is who we have, again just an average back good enough to start but not a difference maker.  

20 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Calm down already, just posting what i saw.  I don't pretend to be a scout but with RBs even fans can generally see which ones stand out, and there are very very few of them at any point in time around the league.  The rest of the starters can be thrown in a group and there is little difference between them.  Jay penciled him in as the prime back, they thought he was ready to go.  Cook had big time OL problems last year, there are a ton of RBs who came back to form a year after this injury including one who is currently the starter.  I'm just concerned the form we saw in the opener is who we have, again just an average back good enough to start but not a difference maker.  

He had some nice runs during that preseason game. It's completely possible that he hurt that other knee early in the 1st game of the year. It's also possible that no one is going to look that great behind this make shift line. Especially when the right side is suppose to be our strong side. Yet it's the weak side of the line. Either way Peterson isn't the answer. So I'm all for Guice getting in there and getting a load of carries. As long as he's healthy that it. 

28 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

We'd all like Guice to have great success for the Skins and I sure haven't given up on him yet but all we have is hope thus far so I don't want to hear about the Skins moving on from AP when AP is still playing well.

Agreed but you I certainly can understand the want to see as many carries as possible for Guice. We've been waiting a long time to see what he can do.  

31 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

We'd all like Guice to have great success for the Skins and I sure haven't given up on him yet but all we have is hope thus far so I don't want to hear about the Skins moving on from AP when AP is still playing well.

But who cares if AP is playing well if we're not going to make the playoffs, which we're not?  Does it actually matter? 

The 'Skins need to move on from AP, not because he's not the best RB on the team, but because he's not part of the long term plans solely because of his age.

Look-it, 2019 is done.  Cooked.  Doesn't matter.  The only thing that actually matters is seeing who on the roster is somebody worth keeping around in 2020 and 2021.

You need to target 2021 as the year you're going to really be competitive.  Next year should be better with a new coaching staff, and some of the younger players developing a bit more.  

However, if you are not in the 2021 plans, then get rid of that player NOW.  Because it's pointless not to.  

52 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

AP is still playing well based on what? The Miami game? I mean I'm not saying the line isn't the problem, but for you to say AP is playing well. Is just the wrong statement. He hasn't done anything this year. 

56 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But who cares if AP is playing well if we're not going to make the playoffs, which we're not?  Does it actually matter? 

The 'Skins need to move on from AP, not because he's not the best RB on the team, but because he's not part of the long term plans solely because of his age.

What's to even say that Guice/Love can handle the workload you're proposing to gift wrap them?   

Guice finishing the season healthy this year, would be a step in the right direction, production be damned.  I wouldn't imagine anyone believes he should be getting in the neighborhood of 20 carries/game in the foreseeable future.  

I don't see any concrete indication that a rebuild is even planned...with that in mind I'd say there's ~10 other vets that I'd part ways with before I got to him.  Not the one guy that consistently performs when his number gets called.   

We're so far off from a playoff team, I'd be happy just seeing competitive football games consistently. 

I'd have no problem with a new coach coming in and cutting Peterson...but it'd better be because you have a better plan for the run game.  Not to hand the reins over to guys that haven't proven anything yet. 

Why do you think Moses said what he did in the media?  Because they all knew Guice hadn't EARNED the starting spot.  

I am a big supporter of Guice but the video recordings of his rehab are frustrating.  Focus on creating highlights on game day rather than the practice field.  I pray his reputation does not become that of Taylor Jacobs.

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

He hasn't done anything this year. 

When has AP been given an opportunity this year other than in Miami?  

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Look-it, 2019 is done.  Cooked.  Doesn't matter.  The only thing that actually matters is seeing who on the roster is somebody worth keeping around in 2020 and 2021.

I would argue that AP provides valuable veteran leadership this team sorely needs.  Not only for young players such as Guice and Love but the entire team?  I honestly want veterans such as Adrian Peterson to establish the culture required to perform at a high level.  In my opinion it will do more harm to move on from AP rather than him retire wearing burgundy and gold.

6 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I would argue that AP provides valuable veteran leadership this team sorely needs.  Not only for young players such as Guice and Love but the entire team?  I honestly want veterans such as Adrian Peterson to establish the culture required to perform at a high level.  In my opinion it will do more harm to move on from AP rather than him retire wearing burgundy and gold.

That’s fair.  I think we’re so far away the culture of this team is meaningless.  

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Kinda sucks for Jay that he only got 1 half of play out of Guice.

Its tough to win in this league when that is production from a top tier draft pick.  

What didn’t suck for Jay is the guy coming off the bench was last urar’s Offensive MVP.  And Jay resented the hell out of him being on the team.  He would have preferred Perine because it fit better what he wanted to do.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If it’s not building toward something, it’s pointless.

You can rebuild without dropping every vet of value.  Otherwise, I'm not sure how we'd field a team next season? 

We only have 6 draft picks in 2020...

41 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

When has AP been given an opportunity this year other than in Miami? 

Exactly so how can anyone comment that he's still good? Can't say he's good if he's not getting carries. No one really knows. Miami is God awful as well. So no one should use that. To say AP still has it. 

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s fair.  I think we’re so far away the culture of this team is meaningless.

You have to start somewhere VoR.  Who better than future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson?  I think he may be the Voice of Reason for a majority of people at Redskins Park.  I could only dream that Daniel Snyder is one of them.

Archived