Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers Infinity War - HERE BE SPOILERS!

Springfield

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I don’t think they are in the same universe

This is an interesting point that I'd appreciate if someone could help explain.  It does feel like Marvel characters are more likely to come into the world the X-Men live in versus the other way around.  Is the mutant thing really going on at the same time as the Avengers from a comic standpoint?  I know why we don't see them in the Avengers movies, Disney still doesn't have rights to the X-Men universe (It's why they had to act like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were coming out of nowhere in Avengers 2).

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh Dear God, I don't want us to get off track here, but are you talking about the movies or the Universe that came before it (primarily the comics)?

Comics good.  X Men was my fave growing up.  The movies leave a lot to be desired.  Especially the next gen stuff.  Days of Future Past was good, but I couldn’t get on board with the rest of it.

Logan was good.  Deadpool was good.  I don’t really consider them to be a part of the X Men universe.

Accidentally saw a pic from A4 if anyone wants to know...

Spoiler

Showed Stark and Captain America in Front of green screen. Somebody else was there but can’t remember who. Cap had his shield back. The interesting thing was Tony’s hair wasn’t dark, it was really light. As in the events of Infinity War aged him dramatically or it takes place Years later. FWIW Cap was clean shaven again too

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Accidentally saw a pic from A4 if anyone wants to know...

Hide contents

Showed Stark and Captain America in Front of green screen. Somebody else was there but can’t remember who. Cap had his shield back. The interesting thing was Tony’s hair wasn’t dark, it was really light. As in the events of Infinity War aged him dramatically or it takes place Years later. FWIW Cap was clean shaven again too

There are some shots from the 1940s as well involving Captain America

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Comics good.  X Men was my fave growing up.  The movies leave a lot to be desired.  Especially the next gen stuff.  Days of Future Past was good, but I couldn’t get on board with the rest of it.

Logan was good.  Deadpool was good.  I don’t really consider them to be a part of the X Men universe.

You scared me for a second : )

22 hours ago, Destino said:
  Hide contents

When Thanos said "I never taught you to lie, that's why you're so bad at it" to Gamora I knew for certain that she had in fact fooled him about something.  She's in the soul stone, she planned to be there, and I'd bet she's not alone.  I just don't know why yet, but I'm certain she planned it.  

I liked that they gave Thanos is reason for what he's doing, but I'm not sure I like the decision to make it a sort of misguided altruism.  He wants to help the universe by combating over population and he's convinced he's the only one with the will to do what must be done.  Plus, he said that afterwards he just wanted to essentially retire.  Where's the power mad titan that wanted a universe filled with thralls and to be worshiped as a god (which is exactly what he's become)?  Are the survivors under any threat at this point?  Has Thanos really just gone away?  ... but on the other hand there is something particularly unnerving about a creature that thinks unimaginable genocide is an act of kindness.  I haven't decided how I feel about this. 

Spoiler

That's what I LOVED about Thanos's character in Infinity War.  One of things that hit me right off is how Thanos didn't reply and had a look of disgust when Loki says "You will never be a God". This version of Thanos had a higher purpose. He clearly doesn't want to be a God, have a lust to wield power, rule over people, create chaos or conquer like Loki and the other Gods did. He wanted that power for the simple goal of balancing the universe and then he was done. He's a force of nature on a mission to satisfy his philosophy and goal even when it comes at great sacrifice to himself. The satisfied look of peace on his face and the smile at the end was just priceless. He just killed half the universe and thought he did everyone a favor lol. To me that's more interesting and frightening than a guy that simply wants to be rule and be worshiped.

Isn't Thanos an Eternal? Kind of like what Ego was in GOTG2? I know the comic version of Ego was a Celestial...but I'm not sure if they defined Thanos as an Eternal in this movie.

That's godlike...

Plus I'd like to think all the marvel movies are in the same universe. They just can't cross over because of licensing. 

It'd be cool if Jessica Jones showed up in the Captain Marvel movie. But she won't..cause of licensing and dumbass ****.

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Ms. Marvel takes place in the 90s so probably not.

It cause Nebula isn't saddled with being in love. Just a straight up fighter.

I think her movie will be part origin story and part coincide with current events. Maybe we'll even see Adam Warlock appear in her movie. Maybe she will form her own team. 

49 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Isn't Thanos an Eternal? Kind of like what Ego was in GOTG2? I know the comic version of Ego was a Celestial...but I'm not sure if they defined Thanos as an Eternal in this movie.

That's godlike...

Plus I'd like to think all the marvel movies are in the same universe. They just can't cross over because of licensing. 

It'd be cool if Jessica Jones showed up in the Captain Marvel movie. But she won't..cause of licensing and dumbass ****.

Marvel Studios has the rights to Jessica Jones, and her and the other Netflix shows all take place in the MCU. They've even vaguely mentioned the events of the first Avengers movie during various shows, since both take place in New York. Unfortunately, the way they are introducing Carol Danvers doesn't allow them to become the friends they are in the comics, yet. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's godlike...

X-men Dark Phoenix was pushed back into early 2019 due to re-shoots.  Rumor is those re-shoots are going to somehow tie the X-men universe into the MCU.  I believe Dark Phoenix will take place in the 90s like Captain Marvel does.  

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

We don't trade a life for a life.

Hide contents

And yet what are the odds that Capn and Iron Man choose death in the next Avengers movie to bring everyone else back from the snapture?

43B6C34B-D095-44D9-9616-EC6FFD65C6F4.jpeg

Spoiler

The theme was sacrfiice and the life for a life thing was brought up multiple times. It’s definitely happening 

5 hours ago, drowland said:

X-men Dark Phoenix was pushed back into early 2019 due to re-shoots.  Rumor is those re-shoots are going to somehow tie the X-men universe into the MCU.  I believe Dark Phoenix will take place in the 90s like Captain Marvel does.  

I had heard it was because the movie was a bit of a mess.  Or it could just be standard reshooting, who really nows.

But I would imagine, if/when Marvel gets X-Men, they'll reboot and recast everything, like they did with Spiderman.  None of this Fox X-Men universe will be canon.

I like X Men but to me it was always a little darker/edgier and doesn't really fit with the whole Avengers theme. I always thought it was a separate universe.

I do believe Punisher/Daredevil are in the same universe though, as they're both in Spider Man lore I believe.

@BenningRoadSkin So I talked to my hardcore comic book co-worker friend who sits next to me at work and he explained the whole X-men Universe vs Rest of Marvel Universe (at least in the comics):

You shouldn't expect the X-Men and mutants to dominate a Spiderman comic book any more then you would expect Spiderman and his villians to dominate an X-Men comic book.  They are definitely the same universe, but each one is told from the perspective of the writer and the main character(s) and their own mini-universes.  There is way more crossover in the comics then the films (for obvious reasons, studio rights being the main one).  

He mentioned how at one point Spiderman actually taught at the same school the X-Men came from and Madam Web is a mutant.

Archived