Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers Infinity War - HERE BE SPOILERS!

Springfield

I liked the movie. Will probably see it a couple of more times and that's just this weekend.  It's not perfect and some characters are fleshed out better than others but I really enjoyed my time.    The action starts almost immediately and goes all the way to the end. Definitely, didn't feel like 2.5  hour movie.

Spoiler

I was counting the deaths and we were at 4 or 5, when Thanos wiped out half the universe.  So, I knew all the deaths weren't permanent.  Thing is, who's actually going to stay dead?  Considering many of those Avengers that turned to dust have sequel movies coming out; you know they are coming back.  I don't think one can completely judge this movie; because the rest of story has to be told.  What happens in next years movie could alter what one thinks about this movie.  I though the time given to everyone was balanced out well, though Captain Rodgers and Wakanda were little underwhelming.  I think Cap and IronMan die in next years movie.  The romance between Scarlet Witch and Vision, strains credulity a little bit.   When the movie ended, I said that's it? I wanted more.  I'll get that in the next movie but something about the way it just ended; felt abrupt.   Thanos got what he wanted so far.   Dr. Strange said there was only one possibility to defeat Thanos.  How will that happen, have to wait until 2019.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I liked the movie. Will probably see it a couple of more times and that's just this weekend.  It's not perfect and some characters are fleshed out better than others but I really enjoyed my time.    The action starts almost immediately and goes all the way to the end. Definitely, didn't feel like 2.5  hour movie.

Hide contents

I was counting the deaths and we were at 4 or 5, when Thanos wiped out half the universe.  So, I knew all the deaths weren't permanent.  Thing is, who's actually going to stay dead?  Considering many of those Avengers that turned to dust have sequel movies coming out; you know they are coming back.  I don't think one can completely judge this movie; because the rest of story has to be told.  What happens in next years movie could alter what one thinks about this movie.  I though the time given to everyone was balanced out well, though Captain Rodgers and Wakanda were little underwhelming.  I think Cap and IronMan die in next years movie.  The romance between Scarlet Witch and Vision, strains credulity a little bit.   When the movie ended, I said that's it? I wanted more.  I'll get that in the next movie but something about the way it just ended; felt abrupt.   Thanos got what he wanted so far.   Dr. Strange said there was only one possibility to defeat Thanos.  How will that happen, have to wait until 2019.

Spoiler

Yeah, if they retcon this in the next one and fix the universe and walk away with minor consequences or “only the deaths before the snap stay dead” then it is going to cheapen this movie. 

Those deaths aren’t permanent but some could end up being that way.  This is just part of the story and thanos has now removed some pretty powerful chess pieces off the board. 

The finality of the story story next year must keep the stakes high and have consequences. Then we can look at both movies and the story they tell and judge them fairly. 

As it stands, I was blown away by this movie and what it sets up for A4. The moment with all the deaths was ridiculously impactful tho. Not sure I’ve even seen a reaction like that before, people just losing their **** at each character culminating with Spider-Man 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, if they retcon this in the next one and fix the universe and walk away with minor consequences or “only the deaths before the snap stay dead” then it is going to cheapen this movie. 

Those deaths aren’t permanent but some could end up being that way.  This is just part of the story and thanos has now removed some pretty powerful chess pieces off the board. 

The finality of the story story next year must keep the stakes high and have consequences. Then we can look at both movies and the story they tell and judge them fairly. 

As it stands, I was blown away by this movie and what it sets up for A4. The moment with all the deaths was ridiculously impactful tho. Not sure I’ve even seen a reaction like that before, people just losing their **** at each character culminating with Spider-Man 

Spoiler

When more than one person turned dust and some of the bigger characters vanished; I just knew that everyone won't be dead permanently.  I didn't have the same shock value because I knew they can't just kill everyone in the snap.  I think the original Avengers find a way to bring everyone back but some of of the original Avengers die for good.  Loki, Heimdall and Vision are definitely dead for good.   Zoe already spilled that she was filming for A4.  Will Gamora be resurrected?  Leaving her dead would have an impact.   There's no way Black Panther or Spiderman are permanently dead. Doctor Strange could stay dead. Bucky could stay dead. The Guardians are coming back.   How they defeat Thanos will be interesting.  I think there will be some time travel element involved.

As stated in a prior thread I booked my tickets well in advance on a 4pm screening on Friday. Good movie and you never notice how fast the time passes. Keeps you riveted right from the beginning to the end. Contrast that to a movie like BvS where the first fight takes place like 2 hours into a 4 hour borefest :rofl89:

I was curious why

Captain America never had his mask on. Since when does he go around without a damn mask.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:
  Hide contents

.Loki, Heimdall and Vision are definitely dead for good.  

Spoiler

Vision is a machine. They can always bring him back with the infinity stone or keep him a robot.

21 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Hide contents

Captain America never had his mask on. Since when does he go around without a damn mask.

Spoiler

Probably cause he's a fugitive. He's not repping for America at this point.

I absolutely loved this movie. For me, while not perfect, it lived up to the hype and I was not disappointed. I have some quibbles, some things I didnt necessarily love, but overall, I was highly entertained.

I noticed they basically decided to scrap Scarley Witch's accent. lol

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

As stated in a prior thread I booked my tickets well in advance on a 4pm screening on Friday. Good movie and you never notice how fast the time passes. Keeps you riveted right from the beginning to the end. Contrast that to a movie like BvS where the first fight takes place like 2 hours into a 4 hour borefest :rofl89:

I was curious why

Hide contents

Since they figured out it was inconsequential. I'm perfectly fine not seeing it.  Especially with this version of the character.

I was annoyed

Spoiler

Only getting 30 seconds of Hulk in the whole movie. 

31 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I was annoyed

Spoiler

Yeah Thanos beat the Hulk into hiding. It’s going to be great tho when Black widow either dies or gets hurt in the next movie and Hulk returns 

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

All of the good guys were stupid as **** and made actively bad decisions to keep the plot going,

but otherwise it was every bit as good as it had any right to be. Brolin was so good as Thanos. 

Spoiler

Who was stupid aside from Starlord when they were trying to get the Gauntlet off?

ok I’ll add Scarlet Witch not wanting to kill vision. I was legit thinking “oh come on wtf just kill his ass already” but I guess it added some emptional weight too. 

Her and Starlord still ended up doing the right thing (shooting Gamorra) it just took them too long 

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah Thanos beat the Hulk into hiding. It’s going to be great tho when Black widow either dies or gets hurt in the next movie and Hulk returns 

Hide contents

Who was stupid aside from Starlord when they were trying to get the Gauntlet off?

ok I’ll add Scarlet Witch not wanting to kill vision. I was legit thinking “oh come on wtf just kill his ass already” but I guess it added some emptional weight too. 

Her and Starlord still ended up doing the right thing (shooting Gamorra) it just took them too long 

Spoiler

I'd add in Gamora telling Thanos where the stone was a few minutes after saying she would rather die than give up that information. That's the writers nerfing her will and determination in order to keep the plot going. ****, what was that, 5 seconds of interrogation? 

No one intervened to stop Starlord, even Nebula, who was just standing there doing nothing while he effectively destroyed the universe. I get that they were mad but, you know, kill him with the most powerful weapon in the universe instead of punching him. 

Banner was also a bumbling fool for the whole movie for whatever reason. I hated that. Most of the characters, particularly the Wakandans, seemed underpowered to some degree, but Banner seriously only got in the way. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'd add in Gamora telling Thanos where the stone was a few minutes after saying she would rather die than give up that information. That's the writers nerfing her will and determination in order to keep the plot going. ****, what was that, 5 seconds of interrogation? 

No one intervened to stop Starlord, even Nebula, who was just standing there doing nothing while he effectively destroyed the universe. I get that they were mad but, you know, kill him with the most powerful weapon in the universe instead of punching him. 

Banner was also a bumbling fool for the whole movie for whatever reason. I hated that. Most of the characters, particularly the Wakandans, seemed underpowered to some degree, but Banner seriously only got in the way. 

Spoiler

I can see that. The Gamora interrogation stuff was too short but they couldn’t really drag it out. She made the claim about dying before she knew he had her sister. She would eventually break and they just got to the chase on that one. 

Starlord being Emotional, dumb and reckless is kinda his thing anyway but yeah nebula should have stopped him. Was she even in the plan at that point tho? 

I didnt have a problem with Banner. Except his CGI head sticking out of hulkbuster at the end didn’t look good. Character wise I was ok with it. Without the hulk, he has nothing and was completely over his head the entire movie 

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

You're assuming Gamora's will was broken by the 5 second interrogation and that she doesn't have her own plan in the works.  If the infinity stones can make use of the Red Skull, maybe Gamora is somewhere as well.  Perhaps she's in the soul stone. 

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:
  Hide contents

I didnt have a problem with Banner. Except his CGI head sticking out of hulkbuster at the end didn’t look good. Character wise I was ok with it. Without the hulk, he has nothing and was completely over his head the entire movie 

Spoiler

The problem with Banner is that he, along with everyone else, forgot the hulk won't let him die.  Banner told us in a previous Avengers that he attempted suicide by eating a bullet.  Hulk spit the bullet out. All Banner needed to do was let the bad guys hit him. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You're assuming Gamora's will was broken by the 5 second interrogation and that she doesn't have her own plan in the works.  If the infinity stones can make use of the Red Skull, maybe Gamora is somewhere as well.  Perhaps she's in the soul stone. 

Spoiler

I think she’s gone but that is where everyone else is. Some alternate dimension of death or something inside the soul stone 

1 hour ago, Destino said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The problem with Banner is that he, along with everyone else, forgot the hulk won't let him die.  Banner told us in a previous Avengers that he attempted suicide by eating a bullet.  Hulk spit the bullet out. All Banner needed to do was let the bad guys hit him. 

Youre right I don’t remember this at all 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think she’s gone but that is where everyone else is. Some alternate dimension of death or something inside the soul stone 

Youre right I don’t remember this at all 

5 hours ago, Destino said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That’s true but in Ragnrok they were playing with the idea that since Hulk had been in control of Banner for so long (since AoU) that additional transformations might trap Banner in one form.  Ruffalo’s even said since they’re not doing another Hulk stand alone movie he will have his own arc dealing with that struggle over the 3 movies.  

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

If its like the comics, she's in the soul stone realm. That's where Thanos went temporarily when he killed half the universe.

I loved this movie. Great job fleshing out Thanos' character. You almost understand why he is doing what he's doing, even if you think its horrible.

Spoiler

Loved the interaction between Starlord and Thor. I admit I almost got emotional when T'Challa started chanting before the battle and when Spiderman and Doc Strange died. I can only figure that in the one possible timeline where they win, Doc Strange saw that Tony survived. Looking forward to Captain Marvel.

Archived