Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS ACQUIRE QB KEVIN HOGAN

TK

Hey small victory, at least Bruce didn't grossly overpay.   Cleveland is cleaning house and think a reject from there may not be as bad we one would think. The players there can't be ALL bad.  The dysfunction there was off the chart. Stay on em Bruce.

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Moving down less than 20 spots in the 6th round is about the price of a ham sandwich. This is the replacement for Sudfield. 

Not even a grill ham and cheese.  This is literally 2 slices of wonder bread, a piece of ham and butter ON ONE SIDE only.  

We basically got the guy for free. 

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

McLean, eh?  I wonder if he lived on the McLean side or the Langley side?  I ask this because if he hadn't gone to Catholic school and lived on the McLean side, he probably would have been the best player in school history by default.  Come to think of it, that could be true for Langley also.

Hey, I’m an LHS alum.  We’ve actually had a few pretty talented guys come through.  Went to the state final my junior year.  (Granted, that was 1994...)

But even since then, more talent than you might expect.

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

McLean, eh?  I wonder if he lived on the McLean side or the Langley side?  I ask this because if he hadn't gone to Catholic school and lived on the McLean side, he probably would have been the best player in school history by default.  Come to think of it, that could be true for Langley also.

Eric Dorsey? Played at Notre Dame, and the NY Giants for about 7 years. My brother quarterbacked Yorktown against him, said it was the only guy that ever actually scared him. McLean HS grad.

It seems like Cleveland is cleaning house and selling on the cheap. His numbers in this limited games look decent. Especially if they were in Cleveland. I was hoping to not draft a QB this year and so this move was perfect as we needed a  #3 longshot in the fold.  The guy likes to run around so he seems a good backup to have with Smith now at the helm.

I think he means we draft none. Shanahan went his first 2 years without drafting a single one, which I think lead to his demise actually. For then Dan had to pressure him to at least try to draft one. We know how that ended. Spilt milk. But we just got Smith in a strong win now move WRT to his age, so picks short term are best spent on drafting win now players to best support him.  Vs clipboard guys.

If we did this to replace McCoy and save a few mil under the cap, I like it. 

If we did it so we can pretend this guy has any chance of developing into our QB of the future, and subsequently ignore the best draft QB depth class in memory, then it's exactly the short-sighted idiocy I've come to expect from Bruce Allen.

Just having fun really, but I can imagine Allen saying, “we said we wouldn’t draft our qb of the future, we never said anything about free agency”.  

Seriously though, I like the move.  Potentially ‘frees up’ a draft pick, invested little enough capital that it shouldn’t preclude us from drafting a guy, and perhaps he can replace McCoy (my assumption is next year earliest... if it were to happen at all).  

I don’t feel any different about him than I did Sudfeld really - not expecting anything, but I like the youth, size and upside.  

5 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

I think he was being sarcastic. :) 

Nooo, I don't think he was lol...nothing in his post was exaggerated except the "in a playoff game" part, and that wasn't exaggerated as much as it was just wrong. 

Some local beat writers made the same argument after the Eagles won the SB...that the Skins could have possibly had Cousins' replacement already on the team if they had just kept Sudfeld on the roster and kept developing him because a Super Bowl-winning team wanted him so, hey, he must be good. But now they had to trade away Fuller to get Kirk's replacement...same old Redskins (and stuff like that there).

4 hours ago, -JB- said:

Try 38 :bye:

Does it bother you that I knew his score before posting?

4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

He went to Stanford.  He is no dummy.

Stupid people get into good schools all the time for sports. But for the record, I was just making a general joke about the intelligence of people who went to Gonzaga. Go Bears!

17 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Does it bother you that I knew his score before posting?

Stupid people get into good schools all the time for sports. But for the record, I was just making a general joke about the intelligence of people who went to Gonzaga. Go Bears!

I figured you did.  I am not bothered

Spoiler

I am never bothered!

2 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Hankins still out there but unfortunately our GM (???) is currently flower arranging for a garden fate.

HTTR 

Im really staring to worry about your personal well being when Hankins gets signed by another team.:taz:

Archived