Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TV Actresses Grace Park, Nicki Clyne, Kristin Kreuk were active in NXIVM Cult – now busted for branding and blackmailing women

The Evil Genius

I truly don't mean to dump on confused people who fall into difficult situations and I understand that I can't begin to know their motivations or the depth of their weaknesses...

but I really feel like it would take me less than a couple minutes to figure out if I were being recruited into a full-on cult or even just a club that only served the interests of the leader and those at the top. I have trouble producing sympathy for these folks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I tend to agree, Chachie, I give way on children introduced to or born into cults. 

And to my athetist mind, that includes organized religions who worship imaginary sky gods/goddesses or humans turned into gods/goddesses.  Makes no sense to me.

And just to take this the extra mile? Branding. You want to BRAND me. Rrriiiight. Be right there.

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I truly don't mean to dump on confused people who fall into difficult situations and I understand that I can't begin to know their motivations or the depth of their weaknesses...

but I really feel like it would take me less than a couple minutes to figure out if I were being recruited into a full-on cult or even just a club that only served the interests of the leader and those at the top. I have trouble producing sympathy for these folks.

I look at it as I do smokers.

There's no way any sane adult (under the age of 70) doesn't know that smoking is incredibly bad for them. They know the health cost. They know the risks. They know it all and they knew it before they started. Yet they succumbed and all too many fight tooth and nail to remain a smoker. Now, I don't truly blame those who are 60, 70, 80+ who smoke. They were suckered into it by an industry that worked their hardest to deny and hide what their product did and how the industry actually made the hazards even worse.

People my age or younger??? They're just as dumb as cult members. Worse, many of them stay addicted to the cult despite knowing that it is stealing their money and robbing them of their life.

Mild hyperbole in the above.  Full admission of bias.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I look at it as I do smokers.

There's no way any sane adult (under the age of 70) doesn't know that smoking is incredibly bad for them. They know the health cost. They know the risks. They know it all and they knew it before they started. Yet they succumbed and all too many fight tooth and nail to remain a smoker. Now, I don't truly blame those who are 60, 70, 80+ who smoke. They were suckered into it by an industry that worked their hardest to deny and hide what their product did and how the industry actually made the hazards even worse.

People my age or younger??? They're just as dumb as cult members. Worse, many of them stay addicted to the cult despite knowing that it is stealing their money and robbing them of their life.

Mild hyperbole in the above.  Full admission of bias.

Excellent way of putting it. I'm 52 and finally quit smoking about a year ago. When I started though, smoking was all around me all the time. The age groups you mentioned (parents, adult role models), my friends at school. It was on tv, it was in the movies, on billboards, in magazines, etc.

A cult is different and it's asking people to do things they don't see in their everyday lives. It's asking people to make sacrifices they never have to make at home or on the job. It's just weird... but I definitely get your point.

• Like 1

I'm with you Burgold about smoking. My daughter smokes as did my brother. The fact that he died of a massive heart attack plus lung disease and she knows this doesn't discourage her. Hell, the cost alone would make me quit smoking. I did when I was pregnant and a pack of cigarettes from a machine was $2.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chachie said:

Excellent way of putting it. I'm 52 and finally quit smoking about a year ago. When I started though, smoking was all around me all the time. The age groups you mentioned (parents, adult role models), my friends at school. It was on tv, it was in the movies, on billboards, in magazines, etc.

A cult is different and it's asking people to do things they don't see in their everyday lives. It's asking people to make sacrifices they never have to make at home or on the job. It's just weird... but I definitely get your point.

I'll be 53 in a month, have smoked since I was 8...same as you, it was everywhere growing up in the mid-Atlantic states. 

I don't wanna read another ****in book about it. I've had an e-cig for a couple years, just couldn't totally let go of that nasty smell. Time to commit. 

Thanks. Knowing you're my age & made it to the other side helps. 👍👏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'll be 53 in a month, have smoked since I was 8...same as you, it was everywhere growing up in the mid-Atlantic states. 

I don't wanna read another ****in book about it. I've had an e-cig for a couple years, just couldn't totally let go of that nasty smell. Time to commit. 

I still use a vape stick in times of great stress or addiction weakness. At first I leaned hard on it and refused to shame myself for that. I'm glad I did it that way. It helped my transition enormously.  I had gone cold turkey and failed too many times before.

Skinsmarydu and I will now return you all to your previously-scheduled topic, everyone.  🙂

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've smoked since about 14.  My resolution this year is to quit once the wife is gone in a few days.  We'll see how it goes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I've smoked since about 14.  My resolution this year is to quit once the wife is gone in a few days.  We'll see how it goes. 

Less stress huh? 😁

j/k Ms. Buzz

The Juul thing I keep seeing commercials seems effective. Not that I'd know as I was lucky to never get addicted to tobacco.

Now caffeine...

• Haha 1

Also back on topic...it's helpful to remember that this cult in question would originally introduce themselves to the actors, businesspeoplet, etc. through personal and professional development seminars deemed "Executive Success Programs".  Everything would look normal and be above board. Even the Dalai Lama spoke at one of their seminars. They hoodwinked a lot of people into believing they weren't a cult. And the pervy DOS part of NVIXM used financial and other forms of blackmail to keep it's victims silent. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

23 hours ago, Chachie said:

I think like you do, that I’d never align myself with a group that obviously brought me nothing but pain and used me for their own gain.  I’d see it for the scam that it is because I’m far too smart to fall for it.  

Yet here we are, you and I both, on a Redskins fan site.  

• Haha 7

49 minutes ago, Destino said:

I think like you do, that I’d never align myself with a group that obviously brought me nothing but pain and used me for their own gain.  I’d see it for the scam that it is because I’m far too smart to fall for it.  

Yet here we are, you and I both, on a Redskins fan site.  

I just got pwn3d.  🙂

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NXIVM leader Keith Raniere found guilty in 'branded women' sex cult trial

NEW YORK CITY -- The former leader of a purported self-help group was convicted Wednesday of federal conspiracy and racketeering charges that centered on lurid details of what prosecutors called a secret society of "sex slaves" within a community of followers in upstate New York.

A jury in federal court in Brooklyn took less than five hours to find Keith Raniere guilty on all counts of sex-trafficking and other charges accusing him of coercing women into unwanted sex using systematic shame and humiliation.

"Raniere was truly a modern-day Svengali," Brooklyn United States Attorney Richard Donoghue said outside court, calling the former self-help guru a lying manipulator who "ruined marriages, careers, fortunes and lives."

Raniere listened attentively, but showed no reaction as he learned the verdict.

His lawyer, Marc Agnifilo, said Raniere plans to appeal.

"Keith maintains his innocence. It's a very sad day for him," Agnifilo said. "I think he's not surprised, but he maintains that he didn't mean to do anything wrong."

Raniere's sentencing is set for Sept. 25.

Click on the link for the full article

• 4 months later...

Mexican slaughter victims were from NXIVM recruiting ground

ALBANY – The nine U.S. citizens slaughtered in an ambush Monday were from a Mormon community in northern Mexico where NXIVM recruited teenagers for a "girls school" to live in the Capital Region under the care of a high-ranking "slave" for Keith Raniere.

The Mormon community’s ties to the disgraced NXIVM leader's cult-like organization were revealed in May during the testimony of NXIVM defector Mark Vicente, a filmmaker based in Los Angeles who once lived in Knox Woods, the same Halfmoon townhouse complex as Raniere.

Click on the link for the full article