Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TV Actresses Grace Park, Nicki Clyne, Kristin Kreuk were active in NXIVM Cult – now busted for branding and blackmailing women

The Evil Genius

NXIVM members dancing for Raniere outside federal prison

Outside Brooklyn’s Metropolitan Detention Center, a group of people dance every night to support federal inmates, including one in particular: Kay Rose.

There is, however, no inmate by that name in the Brooklyn facility — or anywhere else in the federal prison population, for that matter. But "Kay Rose" shares the initials of someone who has spent the past two years in the downstate lockup: Keith Raniere, the leader of the formerly influential and now shattered organization known as NXIVM.

Former NXIVM members say what has been billed by a group called We Are As You as a campaign to buck up prisoners as they live under peril of COVID-19 infections is being organized by a group of the remaining loyal disciples of Raniere, the 59-year-old convicted sex trafficker from Halfmoon known within his cult-like personal growth group as “Vanguard.”

We Are As You has met outside the detention center every night at 8 p.m. since July 3. Its members — who post about their activities on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter — blast music, dance and even do backflips. While the former NXIVM members acknowledge it's impossible to know how many of the participants are familiar with Raniere, they say the organizers of the street rallies have a single audience member in mind.

"It’s a cover movement for Keith Raniere — it’s a Trojan Horse,” said Mark Vicente, a filmmaker and former high-ranking NXIVM member who was a key witness against Raniere during his trial last year. "Why are all the key figures Raniere loyalists? This is all in tribute to Raniere."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NXIVM founder Keith Raniere sentenced to 120 years in prison

Keith Raniere, leader of the NXIVM cult that counted Smallville’s Allison Mack among its leadership, was sentenced to 120 years in prison today after being convicted last June on the charges of sex trafficking, racketeering, and forced labor conspiracy. The sentencing comes after numerous impact statements from former NXIVM members, including India Oxenberg, the daughter of actor Catherine Oxenberg.

“I hope the judge gives him life in prison. I think he’s a dangerous man and that if he’s released, he will do exactly what he’s always done. And that puts me and other women and men at risk,” India said in a CBS This Morning interview on Tuesday.

Another woman, identified only as Camila, accused Raniere of sexually abusing her when she was 15 and he was 45. “He wanted me to believe that my only value came from how he felt about me,” she told the courtroom, per The New York Times. “It has taken a long time to process the trauma he caused.”

Raniere’s six-week trial, as well as today’s verdict, will be explored in more detail in the second season of HBO’s The Vow, its docuseries about the MLM and self-help cult.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Counterpoint to counterpoint. 

You new here?

Just looked it up again and 6 people were sentenced (of which 2 got probation only). 

Mack was only charged with racketeering and racketeering conspiracy, so I guess avoiding the sex human trafficking charges helped her to only a 3yr sentence.  

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1